Free Dining Rumor

jessnic95

OK - Now that a bunch of you guys got the FREE DINING - Can you tell me if you got the "rack rate" with your package OR is there any % off of the package in addition to the FREE DINING??? I already booked AKL for Sept 25-Oct 2 at 40% off and I am trying to figure out if it would be worth it to rebook for earlier in the month and take advantage of the free dining. :brick: I booked 2 savannah view rooms for 3 adults and 3 children. Was anyone even able to book at AKL with the package?? THANKS for your insight!!

mary219

Could you imagine if disney never offered free dining to the public?And we have been waiting with baited breath for nothing!!!The magic may end for cm's very quickly.I am almost afraid if there is no code by thursday or even tomorrow night.:eek:

Mickey&Minnie

There will be alot of unhappy people if free dining is not offered to general public. I know because I am one of those people that are waiting not so patiently. Our trip is planned just hoping for a big chunk of the payment to be taken out. We are calling first thing when it is offered.

mary219

believe me,i will be a very unhappy camper as well.But i did realize that i saw the ad on disney.com days ago before they pulled it off the web site.So i am feeling confident again.:brick:

figment1985

There will be alot of unhappy people if free dining is not offered to general public. I know because I am one of those people that are waiting not so patiently. Our trip is planned just hoping for a big chunk of the payment to be taken out. We are calling first thing when it is offered.

YEAH, especially some POOR college students like me needing that free dining to go.

I don't understand how it is fair that if I already had a trip booked at Pop Century, why I would not get free dining added (aside from the fact that they already have all the people they need at the resort?)... Seems like since I already booked before those ppl Monday, I should get free dining too(aside from the whole not having a disney visa card...)...? I don't know, I think I am becoming delusional. :lookaroun

Mickey&Minnie

I don't understand how it is fair that if I already had a trip booked at Pop Century, why I would not get free dining added (aside from the fact that they already have all the people they need at the resort?)... Seems like since I already booked before those ppl Monday, I should get free dining too(aside from the whole not having a disney visa card...)...? I don't know, I think I am becoming delusional. :lookaroun[/quote]

I was a little disappointed when we were told that even though we had previously booked at POP that we were not guaranteed. We even have to call to switch it to free dining. We already have the dining plan and our dining reservations, I was hoping they could just make it free without me having to call. But we will call don't get me wrong. Whatever it takes we want that free dining.:lookaroun

nibblesandbits

I can say it's definitely going to be released to the public because if any of you saw the "email" that I pasted...it said that Disney Visa holders could book before it was available to the public on Thursday April 12. And at the bottom it said that you could book starting on the 9 until June 24. So it will be available for non Disney Visa holders.

wannabeBelle

It is kind of like a sale rack at a store. If you see a dress it may not have been in the same color or size that you wanted but THAT particular one is on sale now. Purchasing a full price package does not ever guarantee you a discount IF one becomes available and even if a discount is offered it is never offered at all the resort on all the room types. If you are willing to be a bit more flexible with your resorts, dates or both, you may have more luck in getting the special offer you want. This happened in the last round of discounts as well and a few people used this and were quite successful. Belle

mary219

You know the worst part?Is that it seems like everyone staying at a value resort is staying at POP!!!!I too have my ressies for pop 8/26-09/04.And if i have to change ,I will ,of course,but for some reason,I really want to stay there.I guess when i first started planning this trip,oh so many moons ago,i went by the advice of people on this board who seemed to prefer pop for value resorts.Then i found out about free dining and lost all control over my trip planning.I have been in a free food frenzy for over a month,I DONT KNOW IF I CAN TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

JimboJones123

Uh-oh "free dining" entitlement posts. Beware -- this thread could turn UGLY really quick. No person deserves free dining. We should all be thankful that Disney may give us this kind of a discount -- and during Value season too. The same trip in Holiday could cost 3x the ammount. Be hopeful not upset.

figment1985

I dont really care where I stay as long as it's not a deluxe because I can't afford that. But I have to go Sept 10-16th....so I hope for what I already have set in stone at Pop, but if not.........one of the moderates that week.
Belle (marie) are you seeing more reservations at the end of august and the end of september, or is it a COMPLETE mix??

figment1985

Uh-oh "free dining" entitlement posts. Beware -- this thread could turn UGLY really quick. No person deserves free dining. We should all be thankful that Disney may give us this kind of a discount -- and during Value season too. The same trip in Holiday could cost 3x the ammount. Be hopeful not upset.

Sorry, I know that was directed at me. :(

I know we have all worked hard to get the free dining (aka some of us staying on hold for almost 2 hrs)..but I also know some people have more $$$ than others and really need this. That's all I am going to say. :lookaroun Don't shoot me.

JimboJones123

It is kind of like a sale rack at a store. If you see a dress it may not have been in the same color or size that you wanted but THAT particular one is on sale now. Purchasing a full price package does not ever guarantee you a discount IF one becomes available and even if a discount is offered it is never offered at all the resort on all the room types. If you are willing to be a bit more flexible with your resorts, dates or both, you may have more luck in getting the special offer you want. This happened in the last round of discounts as well and a few people used this and were quite successful. Belle
Thanks for being a cooler head. Yeah, Pop is popular -- that may be why they may not have the discount. Same thing goes w/savannah view. Why discount rooms that could be sold anyways.

JimboJones123

Sorry, I know that was directed at me. :(

I know we have all worked hard to get the free dining (aka some of us staying on hold for almost 2 hrs)..but I also know some people have more $$$ than others and really need this. That's all I am going to say. :lookaroun Don't shoot me.
I'm not trying to be rude, but your "hard work" was only to satisfy yourself, and had no affect on if Disney would offer the discount. Congrats for working so hard. We appreciate it, but that doesn't "earn" you a cheaper vacation.

mary219

absolutely correct,nobody is entitled to anything.If we get free dining ,it would be greater than great.Nobody would turn down a free discount,but if you are expecting it as definite or think you are more entitled than someone else,then you would be very misguided.If that was the case who would be more entitled than frequent disney resort guests(i am not one)?This thread has been a great way to have fun while waiting for the big announcement,but in the grand scheme of things,free dining is really not all that important,,,,,,besides Larry Birkhead was just announced as the father of anna nicole smiths baby,now That is way important. gotta go watch
fox news ,its a breaking story as i type!!!!!!

figment1985

I'm not trying to be rude, but your "hard work" was only to satisfy yourself, and had no affect on if Disney would offer the discount. Congrats for working so hard. We appreciate it, but that doesn't "earn" you a cheaper vacation.

If you weren't trying to be rude, it sure sounded like it. I know you dont give a ________.

ANYWAY, sorry to distract from the main purpose of this thread :zipit: ok who got their free dining today?

wannabeBelle

I dont really care where I stay as long as it's not a deluxe because I can't afford that. But I have to go Sept 10-16th....so I hope for what I already have set in stone at Pop, but if not.........one of the moderates that week.
Belle (marie) are you seeing more reservations at the end of august and the end of september, or is it a COMPLETE mix??

so far I Am seeing a pretty good mix but I Am sure that I Am only a very small portion of what Disney is booking at the moment!! The best thing to do is be on the phones as early as possible ( 7am EST is really it) and since your dates are set in stone, try to be a bit flexible with the resorts. If you can go to a Moderate, you definitely have some good options. I really do wish you the best of luck getting your ideal vacation together!!! Belle

figment1985

so far I Am seeing a pretty good mix but I Am sure that I Am only a very small portion of what Disney is booking at the moment!! The best thing to do is be on the phones as early as possible ( 7am EST is really it) and since your dates are set in stone, try to be a bit flexible with the resorts. If you can go to a Moderate, you definitely have some good options. I really do wish you the best of luck getting your ideal vacation together!!! Belle

Thanks, you are a sweetheart. I'd be happy going to any moderate resort, we'll see what happens. No further questions your honor, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom