Free Dining Rumor

disneytopdog

I agree, but I will still be calling at 6:58 a.m. on thursday morning!! I already made all my reservations for my vacation including dining (I was originally gonna pay for dining). All I have to do is have my reservations updated to "free dining", I shouldnt be on the phone long.

I will be right behind you on Thursday. Except gonna do it online...

gettingsmaller

All the people who were on hold for hours...could you not book it online? Whats the plus of waiting an hour to two hours on hold when you can just book it on the disney web site? Did the website shut down due to all the booking traffic?

As far as I know, there was no weblink to be able to get the free dining offer. Booking online would have been fine, but I don't know that it was an option (have you EVER seen a place to enter a code on the website? I haven't.) On Thursday, when it's public, they might have a link right on the site, but I didn't see one for the Chase people (and there wasn't one in the LATE e-mail--just a phone number).

Talk about fate....stopped to get my mail as I got home and lo and behold....my Disney Rewards VISA showed up. Booked my stay and I am so excited....staying at Caribbean BEach 9/22-10/2.

barbara

Well I also got all my dining set, now just waiting for Thursday to book my package with hotel/tickets and air. Taking grandson #4 (Mikey age 4) down, I've been able to take the grandkids down, one by one and Mikey is the last one before I start over again. You got to love the mousehouse!:sohappy:
9/3 Prime Time Cafe
9/4 LeCellier
9/5 Cap' n Jack
9/6 Concourse Steakhouse
9/7 Chef Mickeys
9/8 Planet Hollywood
9/9 Grand Floridian
9/10 Ohana's

wannabeBelle

As far as I know, there was no weblink to be able to get the free dining offer. Booking online would have been fine, but I don't know that it was an option (have you EVER seen a place to enter a code on the website? I haven't.) On Thursday, when it's public, they might have a link right on the site, but I didn't see one for the Chase people (and there wasn't one in the LATE e-mail--just a phone number).

This was absolutely the case!!! There was no where online to book the Visa offer that I was aware of. As of last year there was a place to book your offer online, however I Am not sure if this will be the case for this year as we havent been officially advised as of yet. Belle

figment1985

Hey Pam or Belle,

If I decide to switch to CSR to get free dining...can I just ask them that I want a room in Cabana section if available? Are all standard rooms in the Rancho section???

Thanks

wannabeBelle

Specifically Pam or Belle... did you have any problems last year booking a 2 bedroom villa at either BW or BC with the free dining. I have a reservation holding for the BC and am waiting to try to apply free dining Thursday. There is currently nothing available with the Visa promo (trust me, I've been trying since yesterday.) We are 2 families going together and this is the best option room wise for all involved. If I can't get the free dining I'm just going to book it through AAA and get their discount. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas are very popular resorts to start so I Am not sure how many 2 bedroom villas were offered in the promotion to begin with. Would you consider doing a 2 bedroom at one of the other Home Away from Home resorts or being a bit more flexible on your dates? I specifically did not book this type of accomodation at all last year so I Am not sure. I can however tell you that the packages that were released for the Visa offer and the General public offer were the same during last year's promotion!!! I have seen people stating that there are more packages to be released with the General Public offer. I dont know that NOT to be true but last year it was definitely not true. Be as flexible as you can to take advantage of this great offer. Have multiple resorts and if you can be flexible on the dates all the better!!!! Belle

Belle,

according to the CM I talked to to get my package (awesome guy!!!), he told me there was no way to book online. The only way to get it for at least teh VISA promo is via phone.

wannabeBelle

Hey Pam or Belle,

If I decide to switch to CSR to get free dining...can I just ask them that I want a room in Cabana section if available? Are all standard rooms in the Rancho section???

Thanks

Standard rooms are located allthrough out the resort, not just in one location. I have stayed in the Casitas almost everytime I have been there!!! Belle

wannabeBelle

Hey Fig A standard view room could be in any of the three sections, Ranchos, Cabanas or Casitas!!!! Did you want to be closer to the Main Building or the pool area? Here is a great website with TONS of information on the resort as well as some great pictures and stuff I hope you enjoy it:
http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/
I have stayed at this resort quite a few times as well and it is a great place. I love the main pool area!! Belle

wannabeBelle

Also please keep in mind that room locations are requests and arent guaranteed although I know everytime I asked for a specific area the Cast Members have been wonderful about trying to accomodate me!!!! Belle

BRER DAD

Also please keep in mind that room locations are requests and arent guaranteed although I know everytime I asked for a specific area the Cast Members have been wonderful about trying to accomodate me!!!! Belle
I too have always gotten the requests I have made...........I take that back, Disney never sent Pamala Andrson to my room, but other then that they have been very accomodating.

dopey

I haven't read through all the posts here, but has anybody mentioned the Disney Dumpster Diving plan?

Seriously, I would exchange free Disney food for some really good, spicy food at Disney. Most of the stuff there is pretty bland. I like things hot! :fork:

shanny

how is it fair for them to extend the dining through the end of your trip, if you check in on the last day of the promo, but not back through your trip, if youre checking out the day it starts??? know what i mean?? :(

MPitzen

how is it fair for them to extend the dining through the end of your trip, if you check in on the last day of the promo, but not back through your trip, if youre checking out the day it starts??? know what i mean?? :(

I'm not sure that it can said to be fair one way or the other, but it Should be expected from prior protocol. Disney extends seasonal rates and other discount codes (as they always have) from the date you check-in, not from any other point. Additionally, this is how much of the hospitality industry works. It would be too complicated for them to efficiently back-rate to all guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom