Free Dining Rumor

New2WDW

Man! I have been on hold all day and finally...:sohappy: ....got my new Plotter working! :lol: So, I have been stressing thru my own HOLD phone calls today! It's just too bad it wasn't for Free Dining at WDW!

I am in the very small group of public hopefulls that are praying for a Free DP extension to at least the 29th of September! It would be a great Bday present!

DisneyFan4LlFE

still worried :( about Thursday but what's the down payment you need to make when you book?? and what's the package toatl type deal with the tickets? My mom wants to know lol

MPitzen

still worried :( about Thursday but what's the down payment you need to make when you book?? and what's the package toatl type deal with the tickets? My mom wants to know lol

You do not have to make a down payment when you book. But, within 14 days of booking you have to make a $200 down payment. Your package total depends on your resort & # of days. If you let me know where you're staying, what tickets you want, and how many days I can tell you what your total will be. Your total will then be due 45 days before check-in.

Good Luck!

Rob562

As another poster said, you have to pay a $200 deposit on the package, either right away over the phone or within 14 days. The balance of the package is due 45 days before your check-in date.

If you want to know how much the package will cost, go onto www.disneyworld.com and start a reservation for a Magic Your Way package *without* dining. Just include the dates, hotel and ticket options you'll need. The price that you get as your package total price *should* be what this Free Dining promo costs. (Which is pretty much what the promo is... A MYW Package with the Dining Plan added on for free)

-Rob

DisneyFan4LlFE

You do not have to make a down payment when you book. But, within 14 days of booking you have to make a $200 down payment. Your package total depends on your resort & # of days. If you let me know where you're staying, what tickets you want, and how many days I can tell you what your total will be. Your total will then be due 45 days before check-in.

Good Luck!

thank you we want to stay at a value resort all star music, movies ore pop century not perfered as we dotn want to be right near the food area :) I wanted the all star music sueit but its not included in this pacakge :( Number of tickets would be 2 for a 8 or 9 day base ticket. Staying 9 nights thank you!

DisneyFan4LlFE

As another poster said, you have to pay a $200 deposit on the package, either right away over the phone or within 14 days. The balance of the package is due 45 days before your check-in date.

If you want to know how much the package will cost, go onto www.disneyworld.com and start a reservation for a Magic Your Way package *without* dining. Just include the dates, hotel and ticket options you'll need. The price that you get as your package total price *should* be what this Free Dining promo costs. (Which is pretty much what the promo is... A MYW Package with the Dining Plan added on for free)

-Rob

thank you that was what I was thinking :) but I wasn't 100% sure

JimboJones123

Will we need a discount code Thurs? I know the last 2 years it was required, but if this is for the "general public" then do they need the code? Also, I won't have internet access that morning -- anybody know if the code will be posted early?

BRER DAD

Will we need a discount code Thurs? I know the last 2 years it was required, but if this is for the "general public" then do they need the code? Also, I won't have internet access that morning -- anybody know if the code will be posted early?
I didnt need the code the last two years, infact I didnt even know it. I just called and said I had herd about the free dining. Theres gonna be a mad race to the phones thursday morning..........good luck!

wannabeBelle

Thanks for the reply. So is Pop completely booked for Sept 10-16th now? My plan would be to switch to POR. Let me know if you think I'd have better luck there based on what you have heard today with booking. Thank you!!!

Hey there, Bookings are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! Call today and see if POR Is available for your dates. The sooner you call the better your chances. POR is one of my personal favorites. It is a lovely resot and I think you will really like it!! Belle

MPitzen

thank you we want to stay at a value resort all star music, movies ore pop century not perfered as we dotn want to be right near the food area :) I wanted the all star music sueit but its not included in this pacakge :( Number of tickets would be 2 for a 8 or 9 day base ticket. Staying 9 nights thank you!

With the 9 day ticket and without trip insurance your total would be $1292.06.

Good Luck!

xensweetie

hey everyone! my hubby and I are going to definitely book on Thursday, we are so excited to being going back again this Fall woohoo! one question I had though - last year I booked online on April 4 I believe it was when the offer became available for the general public. I assume it will be the same again this year? It just seems everyone is planning to phone...will I be able to book online at 7AM instead of calling? I just found it much easier that way. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks :D I hope I can stay at POP Century - will that be part of this?

figment1985

Hey there, Bookings are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! Call today and see if POR Is available for your dates. The sooner you call the better your chances. POR is one of my personal favorites. It is a lovely resot and I think you will really like it!! Belle

I don't have a visa...therefore I cannot call til Thursday. I already have a reservation for Pop that I am going to try to add the dining on it.

celticdog

I spent an hour and a half on the phone last night. After a half hour on hold (which wasn't bad), a great cast member (May Lee) helped us retrofit our reservation to the plan. There was one drawback. We had to switch resorts to take advantage of the free dining. The Pop Century was already allocated out. So, we switched over to ASMusic, which at one time was our first choice. We managed to save over $1400. It's worth the switch.

I called around 8 pm and I did have some time to talk with the CM. Her shift yesterday was from 7 am to 10 pm. They had everybody working and the phones had been going mad all day. :hammer:

JimboJones123

I spent an hour and a half on the phone last night. After a half hour on hold (which wasn't bad), a great cast member (May Lee) helped us retrofit our reservation to the plan. There was one drawback. We had to switch resorts to take advantage of the free dining. The Pop Century was already allocated out. So, we switched over to ASMusic, which at one time was our first choice. We managed to save over $1400. It's worth the switch.

I called around 8 pm and I did have some time to talk with the CM. Her shift yesterday was from 7 am to 10 pm. They had everybody working and the phones had been going mad all day. :hammer:

I wonder if they will finish the calls in Cue, or if they just don't answer any new calls after 10PM?

JP / KK you know anything about "needing" the code on Thursday morning to book yourself? Would it be okay w/o it?

celticdog

I wonder if they will finish the calls in Cue, or if they just don't answer any new calls after 10PM?

Now I'm assuming that is 10 pm est. I have called later than 10 pm in the past and have been helped. So, i would imagine they have people manning the phones to service the other time zones.

shanny

unfortunatly, we arent eligible for free dining :( but looking on the bright side, i wont have to be on hold for 3 hours, and when we go down it wont be so bad getting into restraunts. we will of course have ressies, but just incase you know. we dont have to fight all you crazy people :ROFLOL:

i think we may go ahead and purchase the dining plan anyway, it sounds like a good deal to me, and we wont have to worry about purchasing food and stuff while we are there. anyone purchased and used the plan before? likes and dislikes? i figure we can have our snack and a late late lunch/dinner. theres a few places that will take up 2 table credits, but thats ok, we wont be eating at disney the whole entire time. also, does fudge count as a snack in the candy shop? thats the best fudge ive ever had, just curious.... thanx guys :sohappy:

Okie Mike

First, obviously, Disney has not 'said' anything official yet.
Second, many thanks to Kingdom Konsultants for helping to make these boards possible. I looked on the KK site and couldn't find this, so I am 'forced' to include this link to another agency's site: http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/WDW/2007Events.htm

Finally, look at the MK park hours and previous schedules--I believe that these events are traditionally on Fridays. Also, you can see that the Magic Kingdom closes way earlier than 'normal' on Fridays in Sept, and then stays open later on Saturdays.
So, I think that all the signs point to the 14th being the first MNSSHP, with them continuing each subsequent Friday.

Of course, DIS could just decide not to do it (and pass up all that extra$$? Nah.)
That's exciting. I left that day open, with regards to my advance res., for that purpose. Looks like we might luck out! Thanks Belle!

BRER DAD

I called Disney this morning still nothing. The cm said dont bother calling on thursday, there is only two packages left and there being reserved for Figment1985 and Brer Dad.....lol. The cm told me the public can call back on thursday, and not to worry that there is pleanty of packages.

xensweetie

I called Disney this morning still nothing. The cm said dont bother calling on thursday, there is only two packages left and there being reserved for Figment1985 and Brer Dad.....lol. The cm told me the public can call back on thursday, and not to worry that there is pleanty of packages.

Someone had said Pop Century was full..does that mean it was just a limited number of packages reserved for visa holders and there are some set aside for the general public? that's where i am hoping to stay! also does anyone know if i can book online at 7am on thursday or do i have to call if i want to book that early? thank you!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom