Free Dining Rumor

figment1985

Hi there Figment, Sorry to be the bearer of band news but the answer is you have it correct, you will not be able to change to a Free Dining Package within Pop. I would tell you to change to the package at a resort you do like and then periodically call back and see if Pop does become available as the amount of rooms allocated for certain promotions are ever changing. Belle

Thanks for the reply. So is Pop completely booked for Sept 10-16th now? My plan would be to switch to POR. Let me know if you think I'd have better luck there based on what you have heard today with booking. Thank you!!!

mikey

What a day...trying to juggle telephone on-hold and then work at the same time. But I was able to get our package set up earlier today...I split our existing reservation into two parts...Preferred Pop Century, arrive 8/23-8/25, and then "re-check in" 8/26-9/2.

I wanted to say thanks to all who've been posting on this thread...the original "head's-up" that started it all, of course, and then all the round-the-clock reports...and I've laughed at a lot of the on-going commentary, too! It's been a big help, and I, for one, really appreciate it.

I think there'll be plenty of packages available, judging from my converstaion with the very fun and helpful CR this morning, so don't panic if you're one of those who has to wait til this is offered to the general public. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

mike

nibblesandbits

I got my Disney Visa email about an hour ago...here it is...

Visa2.jpg

Visa.jpg

BRER DAD

I called again to ask about thursday being open for everyone. The cm said she didnt know but advised me to call thursday morning. Im gonna try each morning till then just to see what happens. I hope theres enough for figment1985 and myself, the two of us have put in countless hours panicing abut this. I dont know if I could handle the dissapointment of not getting the free dining!!!! :cry:

figment1985

I called again to ask about thursday being open for everyone. The cm said she didnt know but advised me to call thursday morning. Im gonna try each morning till then just to see what happens. I hope theres enough for figment1985 and myself, the two of us have put in countless hours panicing abut this. I dont know if I could handle the dissapointment of not getting the free dining!!!! :cry:

Yeah, it just is aggravating when we are "some" of the first to know...and then struggle, but oh well. I'm sure we will get it Brer Dad, but just maybe not at our resort of choice..... I know I can't afford to switch to a deluxe right now. Thanks for calling B.D. ;)

BRER DAD

Yeah, it just is aggravating when we are "some" of the first to know...and then struggle, but oh well. I'm sure we will get it Brer Dad, but just maybe not at our resort of choice..... I know I can't afford to switch to a deluxe right now. Thanks for calling B.D. ;)
I already booked with PORS and made all my dining reservations months ago. I already paid for the vacation with the dining, but the cm told me when the free dining is available to call back and they will reeimburse me the money I spent for the dining. Guess I will have to wait and see.

jmvd20

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure both of you will be able to get the free dining. Also it is not always a bad thing to switch your preferred hotel, you may be find a new favorite. Good luck - just be sure to call first thing on Thursday.

Okie Mike

Hi Mike I looked on the website travel agents use to book for Disney (Official Disney site) and one of the dates for the MNSSHP is Sept 14th. Hope this helps! Belle
Hello. Must be conflicting reports. I have seen that somewhere also, but Deb Wills list the dates starting 9/15 and I can't find anything on the official DW site. If its anything like the Pirates&Princess party, however, we were able to buy tickets day of the event. I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks!

kverdon

Huzzahh! We are in with Free Dining! Thanks to Evan and Belle of KK we are booked for WL 9/3 to 9/8 and Beach Club Villas 9/8 thru 9/15. This is so great, it made some plans possible. We've been trying to get some very dear friends to go with us for a few years but with 2 college age kids they could never quite swing it. With the free dining (and a generous raise at work :) we decided to go for it and upgraded our stay at Beach Club Villas from a studio to a 1 bedroom and invited them to join us on us if they could get cover their airfare. They are now joining us for our second week! :sohappy:

The only MINOR downside is that we could not get AKL Savannah view for our stay with just ourselves as AKL Savannah is not on the plan, oh well its WL then! :animwink:

Its going to be a grand trip!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Kevin and Mona

gettingsmaller

Hello. Must be conflicting reports. I have seen that somewhere also, but Deb Wills list the dates starting 9/15 and I can't find anything on the official DW site. If its anything like the Pirates&Princess party, however, we were able to buy tickets day of the event. I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks!
First, obviously, Disney has not 'said' anything official yet.
Second, many thanks to Kingdom Konsultants for helping to make these boards possible. I looked on the KK site and couldn't find this, so I am 'forced' to include this link to another agency's site: http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/WDW/2007Events.htm

Finally, look at the MK park hours and previous schedules--I believe that these events are traditionally on Fridays. Also, you can see that the Magic Kingdom closes way earlier than 'normal' on Fridays in Sept, and then stays open later on Saturdays.
So, I think that all the signs point to the 14th being the first MNSSHP, with them continuing each subsequent Friday.

Of course, DIS could just decide not to do it (and pass up all that extra$$? Nah.)

MPitzen

First, obviously, Disney has not 'said' anything official yet.
Second, many thanks to Kingdom Konsultants for helping to make these boards possible. I looked on the KK site and couldn't find this, so I am 'forced' to include this link to another agency's site: http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/WDW/2007Events.htm

Finally, look at the MK park hours and previous schedules--I believe that these events are traditionally on Fridays. Also, you can see that the Magic Kingdom closes way earlier than 'normal' on Fridays in Sept, and then stays open later on Saturdays.
So, I think that all the signs point to the 14th being the first MNSSHP, with them continuing each subsequent Friday.

Of course, DIS could just decide not to do it (and pass up all that extra$$? Nah.)

Sorry, but Disney actually has officially announced the 14th as the start date for MNSSHP. If you look at the last page of their handout for International Flower & Garden Festival it states that MNSSHP at MK will be Sept. 14 - Nov. 2.

Here's the link: http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...rks/epcot/events/flowerandgarden/FG_Guide.pdf

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom