Free Dining Rumor

Dwarful

She was a pretty knowledgable CM...much better than the person I called 2 days ago to set up my ressies. I really liked this lady. Really friendly.

I'm hoping it's because it hasn't been released to the public yet that they in the reservation office don't know it's coming.

Very interesting. I have called the 800# on our DVisa Card and they sent me to another person who still had no idea what I was talking about. I was just trying to get the call date, but they had no current info. I've called 3 different times today (early am, mid day and evening). So some are keeping tight lips...but lets hope those that talk no what they are talking about.

figment1985

weird.. it's like we have no idea..............:rolleyes: :lookaroun

You should have said "sir/madam, do you know who you are speaking with? This is a member of the WDWMagic forums, and I mean business!" :fork:

hnp929@optonlin

What are the chances that they will move the date back to mid aug?:cry: Please give me something to hope for.Remember A year of 1 Million dreams.:shrug:

BRER DAD

How exciting!! :sohappy: I will be arriving on the 20th of aug. and staying till sept.1. Im assuming I will only get the 6 days of free dining, but thats better then nothing. I dont mind paying for the first 6 days.

New2WDW

Quick question: Was it ever verified as to how many days you could get with the Free Dining Plan? (10, 12 or even 14 days?)

I was thinking 14! :shrug:

wannabeBelle

Can I make the reservation now then add free dining later?

The answer is yes and no. Yes you can certainly make a reservation now. Will that same reservation be available with the dining package added? THAT is a whole different question and may not be available. If you are seriously waiting for the Free Dining and wouldnt take the trip without it, then dont bother. If you are taking the trip either way and this is the resort you want, go for it. Just be aware that if/ when free dining is made available simply because you have a regular reservation at a particular hotel/ room category there is no guarantee that you will be able to "apply" the Dining promotion to that reservation. Belle

wannabeBelle

I have a quick question... specifically for someone such as Belle... my DH and I did free dining last year so I am familiar with it, but this year we're staying at the Boardwalk Villas, which is new for us. Are these applicable to the free plan this year? We are not DVC members, we are just renting these like any other room, but for the convience of the size and ammenities. I don't see this being an issue but want to make sure before I call my AAA TA next week and have her apply the new promo to our reservation. Thanks!

From my understanding I would certainly think it was so. I dont think that if you were staying on points as a DVC member it would be available to you, but as a "resort" guest, I would think this would certainly be available to you. I'd call your agent and just let her know ahead of time if at all possible so you can get the best chance of getting the reservation switched into the Dining plan type of reservation. Not all rooms at all resorts will be available with the free dining. It will be just like any other promotion, there are a set number of rooms at each resort for any special package offers. If you are one of the first to call you have a better shot of getting the resort & room type you want. Simply because you hold a reguar priced reservation, does not mean that you can "apply" the Free Dining plan to it. That is a common misconception. Hope this helps! Belle

DisneyFan4LlFE

Hi I'm new here :) I dont know why because I'm OBSESSED with disney lol I am a long time reader but I felt it was time to sign up :)

Its to bad that both my mom and I have disney visa but both are over the limit and can't be used for down payment :( We changed our travel plans because of the DP I can't wait! Last year we went and my mom found out about it, we weren't staying at a disney resort as we are RCI members. But, this year were going to stay at disney resort. Has anyone tried the Suiets at the All STar music?

Okie Mike

September vacation

Hi guys. 1st time to post, but read often! I've got a question.... I am looking at dates Sept. 8-15 to take adv of the free dining. Historically, is the weather a crapshoot in Central Fla. during this time? I read a story this week that the NWS is forcasting 70 days, from Aug. 1 to Nov. 31, '07, for Fla. weather to be affected by tropical storms. Is that common, cuz I don't like the odds!

luzyluz

Free Dining

From Mousesavers.com[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LATEST HOT DEALS - AS OF [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]4/6/07 [/SIZE]
A special "free dining" vacation package at Walt Disney World (for check-ins 8/26/07-9/22/07) is scheduled to be released for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders on Monday, April 9. The same package is expected to become available to the general public on Thursday, April 12. If the new package is similar to the one offered for the past two years, it will require you to purchase at least 3 consecutive hotel nights at an official Walt Disney World resort, plus at least a one-day theme park ticket, and you will get a FREE dining package (one counter service meal, one table service meal and one snack, per person, per day) for the length of your stay. This has been a very popular promotion in past years, so I expect rooms to sell out fast. Check back here on Monday for full details.

RedBaron

RedBaron,

In reading through this thread, I think there may have been crossed connections about your resort choice.

In your original post, you'd mentioned that because of your mother, you were considering going back to POFQ, and not CBR as you had decided on.
When Jimbo replied, I think he was thinking of Coronado Springs Resort and not Caribbean Beach Resort...

At Caribbean Beach, there are NO hotel rooms attached to the main building. "Preferred" rooms are rooms in the 6 buildings adjacent to Old Port Royale, which is where the food court is. It's all three buildings of Trinidad North (Buildings 31, 32 and 33), as well as three of the six buildings of Martinique (buildings 24,25 and 26).
One thing to keep in mind that all buildings at Caribbean Beach have two floors, and there are no elevators. So if stairs are a problem, you'd have to request a first-floor room.
You can see a map of the CBR here at AllEars:
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/cbrmap2.jpg

At Coronado Springs, there are no "preferred" rooms. You pay by view, either standard or water view. But it's true that rooms in the Casitas 1 building connect directly to the main building "El Centro", though not entirely indoors (there's covered walkway along part of it, I believe)

One other thing to take into consideration is that the rooms at Caribbean Beach are slightly larger than standard rooms in all of the other Moderates (340 sq feet vs. 314 sq feet)

I've stayed at Caribbean Beach three times before. Twice, we were able to get a room in Building 25. I feel this is the best building of Martinique, though this was before it was deemed "Preferred", so we were just paying the regular rate. The third time, we were assigned a room in Jamaica 45, which along with Aruba 51 is the closest building to Old Port Royale of the villages across the lake. (Fastest route is via the island in the middle of the lake). It really wasn't that bad of a walk, and in fact Building 45 is closer to OPR than some of Buildings 32 and 33, which are preferred rooms...

-Rob

Thanks for the additional info Rob. I told mom about the comments I have been given from my questions and we are still uncertain as to which resort we want to stay at. I guess we better make our mind up soon. We have stayed at PORFQ in the past so I know we will not be disappointed, I just wanted to try someplace different.

RedBaron

Hi guys. 1st time to post, but read often! I've got a question.... I am looking at dates Sept. 8-15 to take adv of the free dining. Historically, is the weather a crapshoot in Central Fla. during this time? I read a story this week that the NWS is forcasting 70 days, from Aug. 1 to Nov. 31, '07, for Fla. weather to be affected by tropical storms. Is that common, cuz I don't like the odds!

Welcome to the boards. I think anytime you travel to Florida during hurricane season it is a bit of a crapshoot. With that being said I have almost always traveled to WDW between Labor Day and Halloween and have never had any serious weather problems. So I guess I feel the odds of nice weather are pretty good (per my experince 12+ visits). :wave:

This is probably a dumb question but I will ask anyway. Has anyone who has a Disney Visa received anything official about this (email etc.). Someone earlier had mentioned that they had spoken with a Chase rep saying that the offer would be sent in email with a link to the reservation page. I just don't want to be stuck Monday morning because I didn't receive an email from Chase

Tiggersgreat

Hi Tiggersgreat!

I had a question for you....

I don't know if you happen to catch any older posts, but I am getting married on Sept. 22nd and won't be arriving until the 24th, so I just missed the dining plan and are really bummed about it. We really wanted to stay at the Polynesian for a few nights on our honeymoon (and are trying to save as much as possible), so I wanted to know if the pin that is available is public and where I could find it?

Any advice would be appreciated!!:) Thank you!

PS. I would go for the dining. Even if you wouldn't normally spend that much money on food, it gives you a great opportunity to try new and expensive restaurants (that and it's great that gratuity is added too!)
Congratulatons!! The pin I got was for my family only - sorry! I would suggest you go to Disneyworld.com and log in, make a trip plan, and see if they send you something. i have given my email and regular address to every Disney site imaginable. I have received email pin codes and snail mail pin codes. Best of luck!!

GoofyGA

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster :)

Quick question: Do we have to wait for the announcement to book in order to receive the DP? We went last year on this promotion and had a great time. This year we want to do a 3 day land/4 day sea trip, we have our dates and are ready to book, but we want to take advantage of free dining.

Put another way, could we book our trip now and call back once free dining is announced and have that added to our reservation?

Thank you!

wannabeBelle

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster :)

Quick question: Do we have to wait for the announcement to book in order to receive the DP? We went last year on this promotion and had a great time. This year we want to do a 3 day land/4 day sea trip, we have our dates and are ready to book, but we want to take advantage of free dining.

Put another way, could we book our trip now and call back once free dining is announced and have that added to our reservation?

Thank you!

Hey Goofy Welcome to the boards and check out post #607 for my answer to this one. Belle

GoofyGA

Hey Goofy Welcome to the boards and check out post #607 for my answer to this one. Belle
Funny, I read that before I posted but for some reason I thought it was referring to a *dinner* reservation. I now see it in context. Sounds like we'll need to wait. Thanks for the quick reply!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom