Free Dining Rumor

Question.....anyone know what the max number of days you can have the package for....or at least what it was last year? If I remember correctly it was 12 nights but I am not sure. I am thinking of going for two weeks and would like to know so I can start making APRs.

Also, does anyone know the policy for MYW Park Hopper tickets. Is the max 10 days regardless of length of stay (if longer)? And is it for ten days or ten consecutive days from the first day of use.

Thanks

disneycrazy1998

I currently have a reservation for the maximum of 14 nights. I have a 10 day park hopper which is also the max, the cm explained it to me that I have 14 days to use my park hopper from the 1st day of use. I do not have to use it 10 days in a row.

Thanks DIsney Crazy....anyone know what last year or this years max is on teh Free Dining promo....I know they had a max # of nights last year and I think it was less than 14 but am not sure.

mrneon606

Am I missing something but I thought it was only if you booked your stay at a value resort, not a moderate or deluxe. Thanks for any info.

aj_steig

I need opinions. Is it better to take advantage of free dining or a pin I got with $263 a night for Polynesian(regular $327)? We plan on being there Sept. 22 - 30.

I know I will save $512 on hotel, but the dining plan is worth $1280 for my family, however, we wouldn't normally spend that much for food if it wasn't paid for.

I need to make a decision this weekend so I can call to make a reservation for the pin or for the dining.

I hope this makes sense!

Hi Tiggersgreat!

I had a question for you....

I don't know if you happen to catch any older posts, but I am getting married on Sept. 22nd and won't be arriving until the 24th, so I just missed the dining plan and are really bummed about it. We really wanted to stay at the Polynesian for a few nights on our honeymoon (and are trying to save as much as possible), so I wanted to know if the pin that is available is public and where I could find it?

Any advice would be appreciated!!:) Thank you!

PS. I would go for the dining. Even if you wouldn't normally spend that much money on food, it gives you a great opportunity to try new and expensive restaurants (that and it's great that gratuity is added too!)

I did some searching at it looks like last year had a stay requirement of 3-10 nights. It looks like the most # of nights you can book is 10 if they keep it the same as last season. Oh well it looks like I front load my trip with Disney and then back load it with other stuff if that is the case.

BRER DAD

I just called Disney and asked about the free dining and using the code ZHQ. The cm "Regis" said he has herd nothing about the free dining. I think these cm's are playing hard to get!!

MPitzen

I did some searching at it looks like last year had a stay requirement of 3-10 nights. It looks like the most # of nights you can book is 10 if they keep it the same as last season. Oh well it looks like I front load my trip with Disney and then back load it with other stuff if that is the case.

You could also get around this by breaking your trip into 2 separate reseravations, both of which you could get free dining with. You could get a 10 day ticket with the first reservation and then if you wanted any additional days get them with the 2nd reservation.

aj_steig

I just called Disney and asked about the free dining and using the code ZHQ. The cm "Regis" said he has herd nothing about the free dining. I think these cm's are playing hard to get!!

I think they are too! I think if they even slightly imply that they know something, they will be bombarded with questions and calls. When I called Disney Visa, they were more than helpful in provided information. The CM's at the reservations center wouldn't offer up anything. I am sure they are trained to do this though (not a job I would be good at). I couldn't keep a secret that big!:)

MPitzen....unfortunately the time period I am looking at is the last day of the current info we have 9/22 running into October so the back end would be no free dining. But yeah you are right it would work otherwise.

Cindyrella

I am planning on going 8/30-9/3. I made my ADR's today in the hopes of free dining being available. When I mentioned that to the CM, she warned me that they had heard nothing about free dining. She stated she would be leery of any rumors on the internet as they are frequently incorrect. She also said, because I had no confirmation # for a reservation, she had to charge me in full for CRT! She said once I have a reservation number I should call back with it;apparently my credit card will be refunded unless I don't cancel within 24 hrs. I called my ccard and ,sure enough, my card was charged for CRT. Is this a new policy?
(Incidentally, I always cancel any reservations I am unable to make- I was just being prepared=: )

New2WDW

A couple of things.....

Tiggersgreat - if you are looking at this Free Dining Plan compared to the Pin discount for saving money - definitely do the DP! I believe many people have given good reasons why but mostly the amount you would save on food (whether you eat that much or not) will out way the room discount.

Kennygman - Yes additional savings on tip and tax, etc on the DP! Thanks even more reason to get the DP. Thanks for adding that.

Free Dining Plan Rumor - Mousesavers.com has finally posted the same info as seen here first on WDWMagic and it is not listed as a rumor!

Finally, I am starting to lean towards taking my kids outta school a week early before their fall break or either get the whole school to change their calender!!!!

Rob562

So does anyone have an idea of which resorts the Free Dining will apply to????

All of them. :)

When Disney advertises just about ANY package, they *always* us a package at a Value resort as the quoted example price. To the prospective Guest flipping past an ad in a magazine or seeing it on TV, the numbers don't seem so big. Can you imagine what a Disney newbie would think if they quoted a package price in a Lagoon View room at the Polynesian? (Even if it included the Free Dining)

Though there *is* some speculation that the cheaper resorts may have less packages allocated to them. It's also unknown whether packages like this are pooled by reort level or by individual resort.

-Rob

Rob562

Thanks for the info Jimbo, I guess I will see what my mom would like better. I know a 10 minute hike to the lobby would not do her legs any good.

RedBaron,

In reading through this thread, I think there may have been crossed connections about your resort choice.

In your original post, you'd mentioned that because of your mother, you were considering going back to POFQ, and not CBR as you had decided on.
When Jimbo replied, I think he was thinking of Coronado Springs Resort and not Caribbean Beach Resort...

At Caribbean Beach, there are NO hotel rooms attached to the main building. "Preferred" rooms are rooms in the 6 buildings adjacent to Old Port Royale, which is where the food court is. It's all three buildings of Trinidad North (Buildings 31, 32 and 33), as well as three of the six buildings of Martinique (buildings 24,25 and 26).
One thing to keep in mind that all buildings at Caribbean Beach have two floors, and there are no elevators. So if stairs are a problem, you'd have to request a first-floor room.
You can see a map of the CBR here at AllEars:
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/cbrmap2.jpg

At Coronado Springs, there are no "preferred" rooms. You pay by view, either standard or water view. But it's true that rooms in the Casitas 1 building connect directly to the main building "El Centro", though not entirely indoors (there's covered walkway along part of it, I believe)

One other thing to take into consideration is that the rooms at Caribbean Beach are slightly larger than standard rooms in all of the other Moderates (340 sq feet vs. 314 sq feet)

I've stayed at Caribbean Beach three times before. Twice, we were able to get a room in Building 25. I feel this is the best building of Martinique, though this was before it was deemed "Preferred", so we were just paying the regular rate. The third time, we were assigned a room in Jamaica 45, which along with Aruba 51 is the closest building to Old Port Royale of the villages across the lake. (Fastest route is via the island in the middle of the lake). It really wasn't that bad of a walk, and in fact Building 45 is closer to OPR than some of Buildings 32 and 33, which are preferred rooms...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom