Free Dining Rumor

Tiggersgreat

I appreciate the insight! I just can't wait to be there!!! It would be nice to have sit down meals and not feel worried about a big food bill. Has anyone used this before and found it inconvenient to secure all your reservations? I am concerned abput being "tied down" to a certain restaurant and park. Ususally I am a Type A planner anyway, so I wouldn't think it would bother me too much.

JimboJones123

I agree - and another factors is how you want to spend your time. Sit-downs can take a lot of time away from attractions, which is fine for us after 4 week-long trips. But if we had been on the dining plan for our first or even second trip to WDW, it would have been frustrating to sit around in restaurants an hour or two every evening instead of doing attractions.
That's where going to Jiko and hitting a Dinner Show help too. We wouldn't for sure pay for a dinner show -- but the Hula show was great a few years ago.

RedBaron

many Preferred rooms -- I think all the handicaped ones are actually attached to the main building where the food court -- lobby -- and whatnots are. You wouldn't even go outside if you booked those rooms. It's the only moderate that has rooms attached to the main building.

If you go preferred you should be okay.. but if you are across the lake, it can take about 10 minutes to get to and from the drink refill stand.

Thanks for the info Jimbo, I guess I will see what my mom would like better. I know a 10 minute hike to the lobby would not do her legs any good.

Lucky

I appreciate the insight! I just can't wait to be there!!! It would be nice to have sit down meals and not feel worried about a big food bill. Has anyone used this before and found it inconvenient to secure all your reservations? I am concerned abput being "tied down" to a certain restaurant and park. Ususally I am a Type A planner anyway, so I wouldn't think it would bother me too much.
With my family it's worked out pretty well. I'm able to predict pretty well what parks we'll want to be in the first day or two, and then plan around evening extra magic hours and other things. We don't want to see Illuminations 3 days in a row, so I alternate other restaurants with the Epcot restaurants. I know we won't want to spend time in sit-downs on our arrival and departure days.

I've never been in a situation where other family members are dying to be at one park when our ADRs say we are supposed to be at another park or resort. But with some families I could imagine this would be more of a problem. And I have to admit I spend a lot of time planning, although I don't mind doing it.

RN2003AZ

I have a quick question... specifically for someone such as Belle... my DH and I did free dining last year so I am familiar with it, but this year we're staying at the Boardwalk Villas, which is new for us. Are these applicable to the free plan this year? We are not DVC members, we are just renting these like any other room, but for the convience of the size and ammenities. I don't see this being an issue but want to make sure before I call my AAA TA next week and have her apply the new promo to our reservation. Thanks!

nibblesandbits

well I JUST got off the phone with a Dining agent redo-ing my ressies...since my trip just changed dates...

I mentioned doing it before free dining got released and she said that they aren't doing it this year...I said that I'd heard different. Just a heads up...on the latest with the agents.

BRER DAD

well I JUST got off the phone with a Dining agent redo-ing my ressies...since my trip just changed dates...

I mentioned doing it before free dining got released and she said that they aren't doing it this year...I said that I'd heard different. Just a heads up...on the latest with the agents.
Thanx for ruining our day!!:mad: Kidding!! You better get on my dining plan if Disney dosnt offer free dining!! Its called the Disney Dine and Dash plan. Only good and table service meals. :ROFLOL:

nibblesandbits

Thanx for ruining our day!!:mad: Kidding!! You better get on my dining plan if Disney dosnt offer free dining!! Its called the Disney Dine and Dash plan. Only good and table service meals. :ROFLOL:
Sorry for ruining your day :)) )...just passing along the info I had...which isn't a lot! :lol:

Oh and Brer Dad...I am SO on for the BDDP if it doesn't get released! :ROFLOL:

figment1985

You should have told her to talk to her fellow employees or to stop living under a rock? :shrug: That's really odd.......I hope she is just stupid.

nibblesandbits

You should have told her to talk to her fellow employees or to stop living under a rock? :shrug: That's really odd.......I hope she is just stupid.
She was a pretty knowledgable CM...much better than the person I called 2 days ago to set up my ressies. I really liked this lady. Really friendly.

I'm hoping it's because it hasn't been released to the public yet that they in the reservation office don't know it's coming.

figment1985

She was a pretty knowledgable CM...much better than the person I called 2 days ago to set up my ressies. I really liked this lady. Really friendly.

Friendly people can be stupid, lol. She can't be too knowledgeable if she didn't know one of the most important discounts coming up.........?:hammer:

couchpotatooo

Well I have the code and ready to go:

Were looking to stay at Pop Century since we are taking our 5 and 3 year old girls for their first taste of disney.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: I would like to try the moderate rate resorts since this is our 3rd time and it's always been a value resort for us. People tell us why pay the extra $$$$ if your going to be in the parks all day anyway. So I really dont know what the plus is going to a moderate resort.:confused:

we did did book most our dining already:sohappy::sohappy:
Sci-fi
San Angel Inn
Liberty tree tavern charcter meal
Chef Mickey's
Cinderellas Royal table
Donalds breakfastosaurus
Akershus royal banquet-breakfast

does naybody else have any other dining ideas. Remember we have 2 little ones. thanks again for your time.

my phone is set for speed dial,:lol::lol::lol:

BRER DAD

The cm was trying to trick us!! I have had to many cm's tell me yes, or to wait on the free dining to belive that thier not going to offer it. If they dont plan on offering it, why the Disney Visa ad? :confused:

BRER DAD

Were looking to stay at Pop Century since we are taking our 5 and 3 year old girls for their first taste of disney.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: I would like to try the moderate rate resorts since this is our 3rd time and it's always been a value resort for us. People tell us why pay the extra $$$$ if your going to be in the parks all day anyway. So I really dont know what the plus is going to a moderate resort.:confused:

we did did book most our dining already:sohappy::sohappy:
Sci-fi
San Angel Inn
Liberty tree tavern charcter meal
Chef Mickey's
Cinderellas Royal table
Donalds breakfastosaurus
Akershus royal banquet-breakfast

does naybody else have any other dining ideas. Remember we have 2 little ones. thanks again for your time.

my phone is set for speed dial,:lol::lol::lol:
How about the Hollywood and Vine with playhouse Disney charecters?

kennygman

Original Poster
Free Dining Plan (even if you were two adults) you would save $78/night. Pin code will save you $64/night. So if you went Free DP you save $14/night and really will save you much more when you add the prices of Food!

FREE DINING PLAN :sohappy: Save even more with more people in family!

Remember, the DP also includes 18% tips into it.

OneLuckyMom

I just tackled my mailman as he was coming up the walkway to see if he had my new Disney Visa - he did!!! :sohappy: Talk about cutting it close! Picture me doing the Snoopy dance in my driveway....

Of course, the mailman now thinks I'm absolutely nuts :lol:

My Dad keeps asking me why I drag my daughter cross country to Disneyworld when Disneyland is just a short 1 hour flight away for us. Now I get to add "Free Dining - Again!!!" to the list :)

couchpotatooo

Pine code:

So does the pin code ZHQ give us free dining and a cheaper package deal per night also for us using the Disney Visa???:confused:. So if I did a package and just didn't add the dining package to it to see what my total would be it will probably even be cheaper if I use the Disney Visa???

Tiggersgreat

It will actually save me more because my kids are older. So it will be around $150 - $160 per night. Most times we wouldn't spend that much on food, though. I really think we would save more on the dining plan though, and food is always good!! Then we can try different places, if the reservations aren't taken already!

MPitzen

It will actually save me more because my kids are older. So it will be around $150 - $160 per night. Most times we wouldn't spend that much on food, though. I really think we would save more on the dining plan though, and food is always good!! Then we can try different places, if the reservations aren't taken already!

Call now and make your ressies. You still have two more hours tonight. Or at the very least call saturday or sunday. Do not wait till monday, it will be very few and far between for the good ressies after noon on monday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom