Free Dining Rumor

Disneyfalcon

Here's another question for you.
We are planning on checking in on the 22nd. I would like to stay at a nicer hotel the last night or two. Say dining ends on the 22nd. I know it's good for my trip, but what if I change hotels? Will that become a second reservation and therefore end my free dining?

Any ideas?:)

BRER DAD

I cant answer your question, but if it makes you feel any better the free dining has never ended on the 22. Usally ends in early sept. I belive. Hope this helps a little.

nibblesandbits

I cant answer your question, but if it makes you feel any better the free dining has never ended on the 22. Usally ends in early sept. I belive. Hope this helps a little.
well...true...it always has ended at the end of the month...but Disney can do whatever it wants to...so if it wants to end the dining plan offer on the 22nd...then it will end it on the 22nd. Just because they've done it in the past, doesn't mean they'll do it the same way this time.

MPitzen

Here's another question for you.
We are planning on checking in on the 22nd. I would like to stay at a nicer hotel the last night or two. Say dining ends on the 22nd. I know it's good for my trip, but what if I change hotels? Will that become a second reservation and therefore end my free dining?

Any ideas?:)

If the plan ends on the 22nd, and you switch hotels on any day past the 22nd then your second reservation - the one for the new hotel - will Not be with the free dining plan.

JimboJones123

I honestly don't think Jimbo meant to offend. I think he was saying that Disney would look at the free dining (which would be about $100/day for a family of 4) as enough of a discount and allow double-dipping with the room portion discount.

You will get attitude from other members here, but Jimbo means no harm.
Thanks for the Vote of Confidence. I really didn't mean to sound so blunt. This is almost what Disney will tell you if you ask to apply multiple discounts. AAA won't work or AP if you use the Free Dining. Sorry again about sounding snotty. I really did. :eek: . My bad.

Don't worry, I get to work every day an hour early just to make sure the offer isn't open myself.

BRER DAD

Im sorry nibblesandbits..........did you not have your Disney coffee this morning:ROFLOL: . Im kidding. I know the ultimate decision lies with Disney, all I was saying is that in the past it never ended on the 22. But again like you said they will end it when they want.

Disneyfalcon

So it becomes a second reservation if you switch hotels? I guess that should have been my question. I know we'll get it for the entire time on our first reservation.

Brer Dad, we're all thinking it will end on the 22nd because that's the dates in the original post. :)

Disneyfalcon

Maybe im confused. 22 of sept or august? im thinking they ment august. Maybe I need my Disney coffee.

Here's the dates from the original post:

We ain't guaranteeing anything. If we were the wagering type, however, we'd bet that free dining will be returning for travel dates 8/26 through 9/22, if booked 4/12 through 6/24. As always, those dates are subject to change.
Posted 2007-03-15

We'll see if those hold!

BRER DAD

Open mouth, insery foot. Sorry, I thought they ment august 22. I go every august and stay till sept and have gotten it for the entire stay. :eek: :eek: :eek:

New2WDW

Sept 22 is the current calamity! :brick:

And MPitzen is correct....
If the plan ends on the 22nd, and you switch hotels on any day past the 22nd then your second reservation - the one for the new hotel - will Not be with the free dining plan.

Man I am getting hungry just thinking about this topic...:slurp:

Disneyfalcon

I'm hungry now too, lol!!!

I've thought of another question! I'm overthinking this I know. :D

We made our dining ressies today. I know some people aren't going to like this! But we are planning on going and we want to be prepared.

When we (hopefully) switch to free dining, do I need to change anything about our reservations? Do they need to know in advance that we're on the dining plan, or can we just tell them when we eat?

New2WDW

I'm hungry now too, lol!!!

I've thought of another question! I'm overthinking this I know. :D

We made our dining ressies today. I know some people aren't going to like this! But we are planning on going and we want to be prepared.

When we (hopefully) switch to free dining, do I need to change anything about our reservations? Do they need to know in advance that we're on the dining plan, or can we just tell them when we eat?

Not a hundred percent sure but I do not think it matters when you set a reservation, priority seating, appointment or whatever they call it now! You just need to let them know when you sit down at the restaurant, and according to others on this site that is when you get the bad service! :lol:

Disneyfalcon

Not a hundred percent sure but I do not think it matters when you set a reservation, priority seating, appointment or whatever they call it now! You just need to let them know when you sit down at the restaurant, and according to others on this site that is when you get the bad service! :lol:

That's what I figured thank you, new2wdw. Well not the bad service part:lol: !

Figment82

They always ask the two "big" questions you when you sit down - any food allergies, and if you're on the dining plan.

All I can say is that although the DDP promotion is a great thing, I'm quite sad about the CM blackout dates for dining discounts that occur at the same time.

Yellow Shoes

Last year when I made my ADRs with the Dining Plan they did ask. The one time I tried to change one and didn't mention it, it seemed that the CM was backtracking to get the ADR correct.

figment1985

Okay so I just called the reservation line, and the guy that I got on the line basically bluntly said that he did not know about free dining yet. I don't know if he was just saying this because they aren't allowed to say anything... but I am confused now at Brer Dad's post....did you talk to a DISNEY agent or someone that is an agent outside the company? It's weird that the person I talked to acted completely clueless and the person you talked to basically confirmed it....

I TALKED TO A DISNEY TRAVEL AGENT THIS WEEKEND AND HE ASSURED ME THAT THERE WOULD BE FREE DINING THIS AUGUST-SEPT. HE SAID WAIT TILL ITS MADE PUBLIC AND CALL BACK. I HAVE ALREADY MADE MY RESERVATIONS WITH THE DINING, SO HE SAID THEY WILL JUST SEND ME A NEW ITINERARY. HOPE THIS IS OF SOME HELP.:sohappy:

All I can say is that although the DDP promotion is a great thing, I'm quite sad about the CM blackout dates for dining discounts that occur at the same time.

What does this mean exactly?

figment1985

I talked to a lady who specializes in Disney reservations, and she claims that the free dining package will be offered in may. She says that she already has people on the waiting list. I dont know the how valid this is but at least we have a time line april-may. Guess will have to wait and see. Good luck everyone!!

Ok now I am really confused and suspicious, where is this "invisable waiting list" it doesn't make sense that the person I spoke to on the phone didn't suggest something like it.......................:confused: regardless it's very frustating that information is not clearly being addressed. I know this is a rumor circulating, but if you really called a Disney Travel Agent, it just kinda is aggravating that we were told two different things.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Ok now I am really confused and suspicious, where is this "invisable waiting list" it doesn't make sense that the person I spoke to on the phone didn't suggest something like it.......................:confused: regardless it's very frustating that information is not clearly being addressed. I know this is a rumor circulating, but if you really called a Disney Travel Agent, it just kinda is aggravating that we were told two different things.

I think it's with some of the travel agencies that specialize in Disney. They know this discont is coming, and I am sure have clients who have told them, "the minute it is released, book it for me." I know I have already spoken with an agent, who intends to try to do just that for me when the Code becomes public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom