Free Dining Rumor

BRER DAD

Hi, Im New To This Forum Thing. I Have Gotten The Free Dining The Past Two Years And They Always Started It On The Day Of My Arrival (august 22). Hope The Offer It This Year As I Will Be Arriving On August 20.

BRER DAD

I TALKED TO A DISNEY TRAVEL AGENT THIS WEEKEND AND HE ASSURED ME THAT THERE WOULD BE FREE DINING THIS AUGUST-SEPT. HE SAID WAIT TILL ITS MADE PUBLIC AND CALL BACK. I HAVE ALREADY MADE MY RESERVATIONS WITH THE DINING, SO HE SAID THEY WILL JUST SEND ME A NEW ITINERARY. HOPE THIS IS OF SOME HELP.:sohappy:

BRER DAD

THANX FOR THE WARM WELCOME. I WILL KEEP CALLING DISNEY TO SEE IF I CAN PRY IT OUT OF THEM. FREE DINING IS A GREAT DEAL. :slurp:

joyDisney

Do you think I should book a package now? I already have an AAA room only rate. In 2005 Free dining started 8/21, in 2006 free dining was initially offered starting 8/13. I'm hoping that this year, the week early trend will happen this year too, starting FREE dining on 8/05. That would be grand. Yes I've read earlier threads of individuals claiming that Free Dining will be offered in late August, but I think Disney will offer it earlier because their Value Season begins so early this year. Any who - my check in dates are 8/06 - 8/12, do you think I should make a package reservation now or just wait?

BTW, I already purchased my 7 day hopper tickets, and my room only rate is fully paid for. I was only willing to book a package IF and ONLY If Disney offers FREE Dining. I can sell my tickets on Ebay, and cancel my room only rate then make a new reservation. When my money is returned I can then place it on my new package. Does this make sense?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Do you think I should book a package now? I already have an AAA room only rate. In 2005 Free dining started 8/21, in 2006 free dining was initially offered starting 8/13. I'm hoping that this year, the week early trend will happen this year too, starting FREE dining on 8/05. That would be grand. Yes I've read earlier threads of individuals claiming that Free Dining will be offered in late August, but I think Disney will offer it earlier because their Value Season begins so early this year. Any who - my check in dates are 8/06 - 8/12, do you think I should make a package reservation now or just wait?

BTW, I already purchased my 7 day hopper tickets, and my room only rate is fully paid for. I was only willing to book a package IF and ONLY If Disney offers FREE Dining. I can sell my tickets on Ebay, and cancel my room only rate then make a new reservation. When my money is returned I can then place it on my new package. Does this make sense?
Until Disney actually announces the Free Dining is going to be available, this is still a rumour. If you are adamant that you'll only book if and only if it's offered, then you should wait until it's offered.

tink81

If you already have a package booked, you can make changes to it up until your final payment is made.

I am confused about you statements regarding selling your tickets on Ebay and whatnot...did you book a package? If so, you booked your tickets and room together (you saved $ on the room portion through AAA). If you booked a package and are staying on Disney property you won't get your tickets until you check-in and get your Key to the World, so you won't actually have posession of your tickets until you arrive. Also, you will only be able to add the Dining Plan to a package, so if you are purchasing your tickets ahead of time and then making room only reservations, you won't be able to add the free dining when it is announced. Your travel agent will be able to explain it all.

joyDisney

Until Disney actually announces the Free Dining is going to be available, this is still a rumour. If you are adamant that you'll only book if and only if it's offered, then you should wait until it's offered.

Thats what I'm thinking too. I know its a long shot to think that Disney will offer Free Dining so early, but hey - a girl sure can wish right!!!!:D

BRER DAD

The Last Two Years I Have Made My Reservations With The Dining Included Even If I Had To Pay For It. When The Free Dining Promotion Is Made Public, I Call And They Send Me A New Itinirary With The Free Dining On It. I Make My Final Payment When The New Itinirary Arrives With The Discount Included. All In All, The Dining Is Wonderful Even If I Had To Pay For It. I Have Three Kids, So The Dining Plan Saves Me A Ton Of Money. Some People Dont Like The Sit Down Meals Everyday As They Feel It Wastes Time. It Works For My Family Bacause Its A Nice Break From The Heat And All The Walking. My Three Year Old And Five Year Old Never Ask To Go Back To The Resort To Swim Or Rest, And My Twelve Year Old Is A Disney Freak Like Me. She Knows Once Were There Were Not Leaving Till The Park Closes!!!

figment1985

Ok so I already booked my trip for Sept 10-16th..... we booked a package at the pop century... do we need to completely rebook our trip if the Free Dining option becomes available, or can we just call and say "i want my free dining too"? lol.

OR is it not offered for guest staying at the pop century or values resorts?

thanks for the clarification

BRER DAD

When You Hear About The Free Dining From Disney, Then Call And They Will Add It To Your Package.........yes, Its Available To Value Resort Guests And Anybody Staying On Disney Property That Has Purchased Tickets..........excluding The Swan And Dolphin. Hope This Helps You.

Laura

L
This looks like it means that if i want to eat at a Disney resturant anytime in that time period.... I should make my reservations NOW before everyone under the bloody sun fills up all the resturants and leaves me with nowhere good to eat because the freeloaders took up all the spots. I suppose they'd rather give free meals away rather then accept cash paying customers.

Though I do resent you for being a local snob and getting to eat at all my favorite restaurants any time you please when I'm stuck 630 miles away and then b*tching because there's a few weeks in there where you can't because of the tourists :mad: :p , I do really dislike the current dining reservation system Disney has. All the planning nazis wake up at the crack of dawn the first day they can possibly book a meal and steal as many reservations as they can just so no one else has a chance, whether they intend to use them or not. I would be really grateful if they'd charge a deposit when booking a reservation to keep the non-serious planning nazis from stealing all the spots.

It was nice back in the old days (pre-internet, pre-allearsnet.com, etc) when you could enjoy a casual trip to the World and do things whenever you felt like without having to compete with the nazis for everything. 8 years ago I used to book my meals THE WEEK BEFORE MY TRIP! :eek: :eek: :eek: (And there was always total availability too!)

figment1985

All the planning nazis wake up at the crack of dawn the first day they can possibly book a meal and steal as many reservations as they can just so no one else has a chance, whether they intend to use them or not.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :lol:

lilclerk

I would be really grateful if they'd charge a deposit when booking a reservation to keep the non-serious planning nazis from stealing all the spots.

Or at LEAST not let you book several meals for the same day/same time period. That's ridiculous to say the least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom