Free Dining Rumor

aj_steig

O.k, so I have a question to ask .....

I am getting married on Sept. 22nd (supposedly the last day of the dining plan) and won't be arriving for our honeymoon until Monday the 24th. Is is possible to make a reservation and "check in" on the 22nd and pay for those two extra days without being there in person until the 24th? Sorry if it's a silly question, but just thought I would ask.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!!:)

Disneyfalcon

That's a good question A.J.. I really don't know. It certainly doesn't sound like cheating the system (so to speak) since you're paying for those nights. The problem would be the actual check in. I don't know how you could do that. I think Disney would need someone there to actually check in.

Someone else might have a better answer!:)

aj_steig

Thank you for the response!!

I didn't think it would be cheating either. I just wasn't sure if I had any other options because I can't get out there any sooner (for obvious reasons....:) and would have no problem paying for those two extra nights. Anything to get the dining plan!!

Lucky

Any word on whether Yak & Yeti will be added to the dining plan when it opens? Maybe not, since Rainforest Cafe is not and I believe is owned by the same company. But Rainforest is not in a park - even the one at AK is outside - and if I'm not mistaken Y&Y would be the first in-park restaurant not on the dining plan.

New2WDW

That's a good question A.J.. I really don't know. It certainly doesn't sound like cheating the system (so to speak) since you're paying for those nights. The problem would be the actual check in. I don't know how you could do that. I think Disney would need someone there to actually check in.

Someone else might have a better answer!:)

Yes, you have to be there to check in. You might be able to call and tell them an unexpected event has come up and I will not be able to check in until Monday could you please hold my free dining!:lol:

I hope they extend the dates til at least the 29th! That is when we were planning to come down (due to kids out of school that next week) and it is my B-Day! We will probably still go without the Free Dining but we will not be able to afford a longer trip like we have always wanted to do. it will probably be a 4 night stay as opposed to our dream vacation of 8 nights. We will just have to wait and see.

Ausdaddy

Yes, you have to be there to check in. You might be able to call and tell them an unexpected event has come up and I will not be able to check in until Monday could you please hold my free dining!:lol:

I hope they extend the dates til at least the 29th! That is when we were planning to come down (due to kids out of school that next week) and it is my B-Day! We will probably still go without the Free Dining but we will not be able to afford a longer trip like we have always wanted to do. it will probably be a 4 night stay as opposed to our dream vacation of 8 nights. We will just have to wait and see.

I feel your pain. We're arriving on the 22nd. An extension would be great!

shoppingnut

I'm totaly excited that I was able to book the free dining for September when I was staying in December. I have all my sit down dining ressie's made for the trip.

Rob562

That is very smart on your part to go ahead and get the dinner ressies.

I'm in the process of booking my group's dining reservations now for September. If Free Dining comes out, we're all set. If it's not offered, we'll be going anyway, but we'll probably cancel a few of the reservations and just eat at the places we most want to go to.

-Rob

aj_steig

You might be able to call and tell them an unexpected event has come up and I will not be able to check in until Monday could you please hold my free dining!:lol:

Ha, that's funny! Does sound kind of goofy huh? I could just imagine the look of the front desk agent's face when I call to ask that.....:ROFLOL:

Seriously, I wish we could get there sooner, but I am walking down the aisle at 5:00pm on the 22nd, so I guess it's just too bad if the dates end up being accurate. I am just crossing my fingers that they will offer it until the end of the month and that they will send an advance notice via email to Disney Visa Cardmembers like they did last year. That was the only way I found out about it even being offered...

DisneyNut7578

I'm in the process of booking my group's dining reservations now for September. If Free Dining comes out, we're all set. If it's not offered, we'll be going anyway, but we'll probably cancel a few of the reservations and just eat at the places we most want to go to.

-Rob

If free dining isn't announced for a while, how long are you going to wait before you are going to cancel the ressies you made? I was just wondering becasue I want to make reservations for my trip that I am definetly going on in Sept and don't want to be shut out of a restaurant that people may or may not be going to.

New2WDW

You might be able to call and tell them an unexpected event has come up and I will not be able to check in until Monday could you please hold my free dining!:lol:

Ha, that's funny! Does sound kind of goofy huh? I could just imagine the look of the front desk agent's face when I call to ask that.....:ROFLOL:

Seriously, I wish we could get there sooner, but I am walking down the aisle at 5:00pm on the 22nd, so I guess it's just too bad if the dates end up being accurate. I am just crossing my fingers that they will offer it until the end of the month and that they will send an advance notice via email to Disney Visa Cardmembers like they did last year. That was the only way I found out about it even being offered...

Glad you found that funny! Hope everything works out for you and Congradulations on the upcoming "unexpected event"!

Also, after discussing this rumor and its timing (a week prior to our fall break for the kids) my wife said, "well as long as we check in on the 22nd we would get the free dining?" and she was serious about taking the kids outta school a week early! I was shocked!

Keith

Disneyfalcon

If free dining isn't announced for a while, how long are you going to wait before you are going to cancel the ressies you made? I was just wondering becasue I want to make reservations for my trip that I am definetly going on in Sept and don't want to be shut out of a restaurant that people may or may not be going to.

Disneynut if you are going in September you can make your reservations now too. (For most days) If you plan early, like Rob, you won't be shut out. If you decide you can't afford, or need to change, some ressies later, then that is your prerogative.

joyDisney

I never understood why the fall value season began so early in August (the 5th, I think) when the parks are reportedly still very very busy. Maybe they slimmed down the travel dates for this year's FD promotion to help boost a specific slow period (late August, after most US schools are back in).

Actually, Disney has been pretty slow lately in early August. Since 2001, I've traveled to WDW in early August and year after year attendance has been less and less. Most (not all) schools are starting earlier in August, which could be the reason. For example, we were in MK last Aug 3rd. We got there as the park opened and was able to ride EVERY ride and SEE every show - between my whole family (we stayed together the whole day). Our longest wait time was with Splash Mountain (20 minutes). I was able to ride (IASW) Its a Small World back to back (within 5 minutes of getting off). IASW has traditionally been so crowded I've only rode it once - after 6 visits. We had no wait time at restaurants. We ate 2 sit down meals there. It was really nice. I'd like to think it was the strategy we used (we started in Tomorrowland and worked our way around), but in reality it just wasn't nearly as crowded early Aug. In 2005, I thought it was because people were visiting DL (because of the anniversary). But 2006 – the same thing. Hey, August is slowing down. I think Disney might start the FREE Dining in late August, but will later offer it in Early August (the beginning of Value Season - Aug 5th). Disney wants that parked filled - 365 days of the year!!!!:wave:

gram1554

We have a reservation for Sept. 9 thru the 16th. I could not wait to make my reservations Because I had to set my vacation. I wish there was a way to get that credit if they come out with the free dinning. When I called to question the person I talked to said to go ahead and make my reservtions and that they would credit my account. Has anyone and any experience with this. Before.

kennygman

Original Poster
We went in Mid August 06 and found it to be mild crowds. Except when it was and EMH day. The crowds followed those signs at the bus stops like lemmings. We did the LOEMH which was great and stayed maybe 3 hrs total and it started getting packed, hopped to Epcot and it was empty.

tink81

We have a reservation for Sept. 9 thru the 16th. I could not wait to make my reservations Because I had to set my vacation. I wish there was a way to get that credit if they come out with the free dinning. When I called to question the person I talked to said to go ahead and make my reservtions and that they would credit my account. Has anyone and any experience with this. Before.

Yes, I did this last year. As long as there are still eligible rooms for the package at your resort, you can take advantage of the offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom