Free Dining Rumor

DisneyMusician2

Well this is certainly convienent. This first day of our trip is August 26th! I know that we won't be able to use it at Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table but other than that our food would be free! I was also wondering if you need a code to get this or do I simply add a dining package to my room? (I'd also have to purchas a one day park ticket because we currently have a resort-only reservation.)

What is this Wonderful Weeks of Disney thing of which you speak?

It's nothing big. It is how Diney (on their website) advertises lower attendance times during the year when prices might be lower and the crowds lighter. But it really doesn't fall into the scheme of a "promotion" per se. If you go to their site, you can see it from the main page.

DisneyNut7578

It may be that since the weekend of the 29th would start the F&W fest, the would already have enough booked then. Same may go for August. Seems like the Dining Reservation issue they have had the past 2 years have both been in the August weeks and cleared themselves out by Labor Day. Interesting thing to me is not starting the offer until the 12th of April. It was April 1st last year. A Saturday. That is important because that's when Early Editions of Sunday papers went out. This is one of the KEY ad places for this promotion in the past.

If the promotion booking starts on the 12th instead that could mean 2 things. It would be a magazine only campaign, not papers. OR the newspaper ad may not go out until the 14th/15th. Thus, if you want to book, do so before they open at 7am Saturday, they may be getting pretty booked by then.

2 "rumors" in this topic alone aren't to be ignored though. Very interesting. I actually booked this moring with a hope of adding the dining later. We have 5 this year, and are having to move to a Moderate ($$$) or at Poly ($$$$$$$). It's just that our 5th is G-ma, so booking 2 rooms is kinda out of question. I was really upset when I found out Wilderness doesn't book for 5. We'll keep hoping though. Thats $140 a day savings.

I sure hope there's free dining. That'll make it alot easier for my wife and I this year. Even with the free dining, it's still a strain to stay at a moderate for us. We usually pack breakfasts and snacks and cut corners everywhere we can. I'm so jealous!!! I'd die to stay at the Poly!!! Good luck!!:)

kennygman

Original Poster
I'm willing to wager a cup of coffee that the information is correct, give or take a day or two either way. Given the information available publicly through Disney's SEC filings, on its website, and a couple of educated guesses using last year, it's not hard to ballpark.

Len

Hey Len really likes his coffee!

BTW, the beginning of this coincides with the Little Ones Time beginning on 8/26 also.:sohappy:

nibblesandbits

This might have been discussed before, can you book for the 22nd but check on on the 23rd? You might have to pay for the one day room, but you still might have a savings. IE one room is $200 but the dining plan is valued at $400?

if check in is a problem, tell them your tavel became delayed at the last minute.....ducks from the ethical police
See...I'm thinking something similar to that. Or I'm thinking about sending my DH a day early...and then have me getting there a day late. Would that work either?

autigger

I'm not sure whether suites are...I don't remember what happened last year for those.

Len, last year we had a reservation at one of the new All-Star Music family suites and our travel agent (Small World Vacations, Inc.) had to change it to two connecting rooms in order to get the dining plan.

We were told that suites were excluded from the free dining plan promotion.

JikoMarie

Ok. So we're going to have to cancel our room-only reservation at POP and get a new reservation with a package in order to take advantage of free dining? Hmmm...I wonder if we'd save enough from not having to pay for dining to upgrade to a moderate?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Ok. So we're going to have to cancel our room-only reservation at POP and get a new reservation with a package in order to take advantage of free dining? Hmmm...I wonder if we'd save enough from not having to pay for dining to upgrade to a moderate?
And now you come to understand why they offer it! :lol:

autigger

Here is my question: If the free dining promotion is only through September 22, will we get free dining so long as we check in by September 22? Meaning that if my qualifying Magic Your Way vacation package beings on September 22 and ends on September 27th, will I have free dining credits equivalent to the number of night my room is book for?

We are planning a five night vacation and I am concerned that when we check-in we will only have credits for our first day (September 22) and not for all five days?

:veryconfu

JikoMarie

And now you come to understand why they offer it! :lol:

Nah. I just checked it out and even with the money we save from not having to pay for dining, it would still be more expensive to stay in a moderate. We'll stick to the value, even if we do have to move resorts. Overall free dining is about a $400 savings for us.

roger watson

We arrive on the 29th Sept 07 which is the last arrival date for free dining.Our invoice from Virgin shows our trip as 14 nights including Dining so I am sure it covers all the days of our stay, otherwise we have a bit of a budget problem! Hope this helps.

Disneyfalcon

Here is my question: If the free dining promotion is only through September 22, will we get free dining so long as we check in by September 22? Meaning that if my qualifying Magic Your Way vacation package beings on September 22 and ends on September 27th, will I have free dining credits equivalent to the number of night my room is book for?

We are planning a five night vacation and I am concerned that when we check-in we will only have credits for our first day (September 22) and not for all five days?

:veryconfu

Assuming they follow past rules and examples, if you arrive on the 22nd with the free dining package, you will have free dining for your entire trip (as long as your trip is not longer then 14 days). We are planning on arriving the 22nd as well!:)

Disneyfalcon

We arrive on the 29th Sept 07 which is the last arrival date for free dining.Our invoice from Virgin shows our trip as 14 nights including Dining so I am sure it covers all the days of our stay, otherwise we have a bit of a budget problem! Hope this helps.

Roger your post brings up an interesting question. I wonder why they would have offered it to UK visitors through the 29th and now they're limiting it to the 22nd? Assuming the dates don't change of course. Maybe they filled up the end of September with UK visitors?

Also, I've been wondering if they would open up bookings early to Disney Visa card holders like they did last year? Here's hoping!

nibblesandbits

Roger your post brings up an interesting question. I wonder why they would have offered it to UK visitors through the 29th and now they're limiting it to the 22nd? Assuming the dates don't change of course. Maybe they filled up the end of September with UK visitors?

Also, I've been wondering if they would open up bookings early to Disney Visa card holders like they did last year? Here's hoping!
See...that's what I"m thinking...that it booked up with UK and people already on vacation during that week, so Disney doesn't need to lure people in. Stinks for me...but good for them.

roger watson

Seems to have been a ploy to capture some of the UK market our package included free dining also our son went for £149 and we also got 3 nights free accomodation. I suspect there could be few brits around at the the end of September!

Lucky

I'm willing to wager a cup of coffee that the information is correct, give or take a day or two either way. Given the information available publicly through Disney's SEC filings, on its website, and a couple of educated guesses using last year, it's not hard to ballpark.

Len
Not Disney coffee, I hope.

miles1

Seems to have been a ploy to capture some of the UK market our package included free dining also our son went for £149 and we also got 3 nights free accomodation. I suspect there could be few brits around at the the end of September!

Does anybody have an address in the UK that I could, um, borrow for a while?:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom