Free Dining Rumor

disneycrazy1998

Last year I totally didn't even know about the free dining until the very last week or so and had no trouble at all getting the free dining for our trip so I can't imagine you will have any trouble on Thurs. Try not to worry...I know, I know, easier said than done. Hang in there. Ü

DisneyFan4LlFE

Last year I totally didn't even know about the free dining until the very last week or so and had no trouble at all getting the free dining for our trip so I can't imagine you will have any trouble on Thurs. Try not to worry...I know, I know, easier said than done. Hang in there. Ü

Ya but this year it seems like everyone and there mother know's about this now :( people try and keep it hush hush until Friday lol when the rest of us on this forum can book our little hearts out lol!

MPitzen

I've talked to Three CM's who have verified that it will be available on Thursday... I believe the expected part that was mentioned was not a question of whether or not it would come out but more a question of when it would available to the public. These CM's have also verified that there will be more package openings when it is released to the public on Thursday.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
A special "free dining" vacation package at Walt Disney World for check-ins 8/26/07-9/22/07 is now available for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders. The same package is expected to become available to the general public on Thursday, April 12.

EXPECTED????? :confused:
"Expected" for the same reason as this thread was entitled "Free Dining Rumour". Until Disney formally releases it, it is still unofficial.

Tiggersgreat

I called 10:50 EST and was on hold about 20 minutes. I got Poly 9/22 - 9/30 with free dining!!!!! It's my 40th birthday present from my hubby and it will also be my son's birthday while there! My two kids are 10 and 11 so they are "adults" and I asked if we are at a table service can we share meals or do we have to use 4 credits at every table service. The CM said we could share - just tell the server. This works out well. My hubby and son can share a meal and my daughter and I can share and get to go to twice as many table service(as long as they are not buffet). So I made ressies at Aloha Dinner show(LOTS of credits!), Concourse steakhouse, Kona Cafe, Boma, Crystal Palace, and Teppanyaki so far. I am SOOOOOO excited!!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I called 10:50 EST and was on hold about 20 minutes. I got Poly 9/22 - 9/30 with free dining!!!!! It's my 40th birthday present from my hubby and it will also be my son's birthday while there! My two kids are 10 and 11 so they are "adults" and I asked if we are at a table service can we share meals or do we have to use 4 credits at every table service. The CM said we could share - just tell the server. This works out well. My hubby and son can share a meal and my daughter and I can share and get to go to twice as many table service(as long as they are not buffet). So I made ressies at Aloha Dinner show(LOTS of credits!), Concourse steakhouse, Kona Cafe, Boma, Crystal Palace, and Teppanyaki so far. I am SOOOOOO excited!!!
You do know three of the six restaurants you listed are either AYCE or Buffet, right? :lookaroun

:lol:

Lucky

Last year it began April 1 and I didn't book it until April 21. I don't know if all resorts were still available then but apparently most of them were. The free dining period is a little shorter this year so that may cause it to fill up a little faster this time. I suspect anyone calling at 7 AM Thursday will get what they want.

mary219

well my new question is.....does anyone know how many rooms pop has in general?I know a certain amnt are available for free dining,but how many are there in general?

figment1985

I have a feeling in my stomach that it might be crowded in September.......lol :dazzle:

I went last September (without free dining!:hammer: ) and it started to become crowded around the end of my trip on the 17th.... this year we are going a little earlier, I'm hoping it's not horrific.... hoping there are lots of academic authoritative parents out there staying at home!..... :lookaroun

figment1985

I tried booking at the pop for sept 21 to 29. They are already booked up, :sohappy:

I already have a package set up with Pop..... since Pop might be full already... does this mean I couldn't add free dining to my preexisting reservation on Thursday (since the resort may be full???). I'm not going that week, I am going Sept 10-16th....

Pam..maybe you can answer this..or Marie.... anyone????

Sorry I am trying my best not to freak out....:veryconfu

Tiggersgreat

I have a feeling in my stomach that it might be crowded in September.......lol :dazzle:

I went last September (without free dining!:hammer: ) and it started to become crowded around the end of my trip on the 17th.... this year we are going a little earlier, I'm hoping it's not horrific.... hoping there are lots of academic authoritative parents out there staying at home!..... :lookaroun

In Maine we actually have three weeks off because of Harvest, so my kids won't miss school. I don't know if any other school has a break then.

disneydudette

As an aside, if you have booked using the Disney Visa and then call on Thursday and change your booking, you are doing a disservice to the rest of us. The reservation you cancel does not go back into the pool of available Free Dining rooms and you're basically taking away an opportunity from someone else.

While I understand your argument... I don't find what I'm doing a "disservice" to any. :shrug:

As a Disney Rewards card holder, I got "booking priority" for this package yet they didn't have the resort choice I wanted when I got through at 8:55am after being on hold for 90mins. I booked under the advice of a CM who forwarned me that there would be no other packages released and the likelyhood of switching to ASmo was slim. I booked and did not want to lose out. Call me a sucka, if you like. :rolleyes:

None the less, I'm still spending alot of money for this vacation and it's upsetting to have to "settle" for a resort. I'm not alone out there either. Most of us are being encouraged to call back on Thursday to try our luck then.

What good is "priority" when Disney offers your desired room to the public alone?

As for the "pot"... I was informed that my reservation will go back up for grabs for Disney visa card holders booking under the ZHQ code during the package offering, meaning it will get recycled for Visa card holders alone and available to book. Therefore I'm not doing anything "wrong"... just because I have a Disney visa, doesn't mean I need to take advantage of what it has to offer.

Overall I can understand anybody's frustration regarding this topic... I don't mean to upset or offend anyone.... we're just trying to make the most of our vacation... :(

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
While I understand your argument... I don't find what I'm doing a "disservice" to any. :shrug:

As a Disney Rewards card holder, I got "booking priority" for this package yet they didn't have the resort choice I wanted when I got through at 8:55am after being on hold for 90mins. I booked under the advice of a CM who forwarned me that there would be no other packages released and the likelyhood of switching to ASmo was slim. I booked and did not want to lose out. Call me a sucka, if you like. :rolleyes:

None the less, I'm still spending alot of money for this vacation and it's upsetting to have to "settle" for a resort. I'm not alone out there either. Most of us are being encouraged to call back on Thursday to try our luck then.

What good is "priority" when Disney offers your desired room to the public alone?

As for the "pot"... I was informed that my reservation will go back up for grabs for Disney visa card holders booking under the ZHQ code during the package offering, meaning it will get recycled for Visa card holders alone but still available to book. There for I'm not doing anything "wrong"... just because I have a Disney visa, doesn't mean I need to take advantage of what it has to offer.

Overall I can understand anybody's frustration regarding this topic... I don't mean to upset or offend anyone.... we're just trying to make the most of our vacation... :(
I was simply advising of previous practise, which was that if you cancelled a free dining booking it is not returned to the available bookings. You can do whatever you want.

Okie Mike

<P>
We always go to Disney on our Anniversary which is Sept 12. We've been 7 years within our almost 9 years. You will have FL clouds whether or not they will rain on you is another. Just always have a poncho with you with a plan B. We were at POP when Hurricaine Ivan came up the Gulf coast and only had one bad day of weather.
Since the DDP has been offered you can see a big difference with the crowds but it still isn't the holiday crowds.
Thanks. That does make me feel better. I did book our trip today (9/8-9/15 @ Coronado Springs, which we love!) with Free DDP and trip insurance. We'll miss the Halloween party (by a day), but I decided to stick with these dates.
FYI, the CM asked, "Will you please give me the first 6 numbers of your Disney Visa before we begin?" and did not request any codes.

wannabeBelle

I already have a package set up with Pop..... since Pop might be full already... does this mean I couldn't add free dining to my preexisting reservation on Thursday (since the resort may be full???). I'm not going that week, I am going Sept 10-16th....

Pam..maybe you can answer this..or Marie.... anyone????

Sorry I am trying my best not to freak out....:veryconfu

Hi there Figment, Sorry to be the bearer of band news but the answer is you have it correct, you will not be able to change to a Free Dining Package within Pop. I would tell you to change to the package at a resort you do like and then periodically call back and see if Pop does become available as the amount of rooms allocated for certain promotions are ever changing. Belle

wannabeBelle

<P>
Thanks. That does make me feel better. I did book our trip today (9/8-9/15 @ Coronado Springs, which we love!) with Free DDP and trip insurance. We'll miss the Halloween party (by a day), but I decided to stick with these dates.
FYI, the CM asked, "Will you please give me the first 6 numbers of your Disney Visa before we begin?" and did not request any codes.

Hi Mike I looked on the website travel agents use to book for Disney (Official Disney site) and one of the dates for the MNSSHP is Sept 14th. Hope this helps! Belle

couchpotatooo

Disney Visa:

Hello all just like most of us the day has arrived for us to try and book our vacations. But my wife applied for Visa and got approved but they didn't give us a number to use as our temp. number. last week we called disney Visa and said they can't give numbers out over the phone. If anybody could help figure out this problem to help us out I would surely appreaciate it. I would think there would be some way to find out our temp. number for our card since they said we can use it right away. well anyway please let me know because it sounds like the dated we want our getting full in the value resorts. Thanks for your help and time John

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom