Free Dining Rumor

JimboJones123

QUESTION -- Since points are no longer pooled --

My 5 year old's motto for eating is "I'll try everything". She really likes to eat non-kid foods. If I told Reservations that she is 11 and buy her an adult ticket (which is like $40-50 more) then she would get the Adult points on the DDP. I know it's the opposite of fudging your kids age, but when we go to Jiko -- she won't wan't a cheese pizza AGAIN. Also, when we go to Cosmic Rays, she will want ribs not chicken nuggets or a cup of soup (yeah a choice is cup of soup_. Same thing goes for Coral reef, she loves steak, why should she be forced to eat Mac and cheese. At Teppenyaki, THEY ONLY OFFER CHICKEN--2 choices of kids chicken! At Norway Princess dinner, I guess I'll be eating the Ravoli so she can have the Chicken Pesto that she liked so much when they let her get it last year. The worst offense -- FLAME TREE BBQ -- yes, the only BBQ place at WDW only offers baked chicken wings (she doesn't eat chicken on the bone) or a HOT DOG -- That's the BBQ they offer for kids -- BBQ. She would LOVE any other selection on the menu .. but NOT THOSE.

So would it be bad if I claimed she was 11 years old so she wouldn't have to be stuck eating the same 4 things for every meal for 10 days? The 3 year old daughter will be JUST FINE with Mac and cheese, hot dogs, chix fingers, PBJ, fruit cup (still don't know how this is a meal since it is at the fruit stands for $2.59) and will be just fine. But the 5 year old shouldn't be penalized into eating such a select menu. I don't mind paying the difference in the ticket price.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

My 5 year old's motto for eating is "I'll try everything". She really likes to eat non-kid foods. If I told Reservations that she is 11 and buy her an adult ticket (which is like $40-50 more) then she would get the Adult points on the DDP. I know it's the opposite of fudging your kids age, but when we go to Jiko -- she won't wan't a cheese pizza AGAIN. Also, when we go to Cosmic Rays, she will want ribs not chicken nuggets or a cup of soup (yeah a choice is cup of soup_. Same thing goes for Coral reef, she loves steak, why should she be forced to eat Mac and cheese. At Teppenyaki, THEY ONLY OFFER CHICKEN--2 choices of kids chicken! At Norway Princess dinner, I guess I'll be eating the Ravoli so she can have the Chicken Pesto that she liked so much when they let her get it last year. The worst offense -- FLAME TREE BBQ -- yes, the only BBQ place at WDW only offers baked chicken wings (she doesn't eat chicken on the bone) or a HOT DOG -- That's the BBQ they offer for kids -- BBQ. She would LOVE any other selection on the menu .. but NOT THOSE.

So would it be bad if I claimed she was 11 years old so she wouldn't have to be stuck eating the same 4 things for every meal for 10 days? The 3 year old daughter will be JUST FINE with Mac and cheese, hot dogs, chix fingers, PBJ, fruit cup (still don't know how this is a meal since it is at the fruit stands for $2.59) and will be just fine. But the 5 year old shouldn't be penalized into eating such a select menu. I don't mind paying the difference in the ticket price.
I'd suggest you PM JPVonDrake, he can usually find the answers to the more unusual questions. My initial reaction is that Disney won't object to you paying more for the Dining Plan, but they wouldn't let you do this during the Free Dining currently on offer [and the focus of this thread], because functionally you would then be getting something better by fudging her age.

MPitzen

Is there any way within reason that your daughter could possibly pass for 11? I know it's possible, I have a 5 year old niece who looks older than my 10 year old niece. If she could semi-reasonably pass for an older child then you would be fine doing this.

I'm not really sure what protocol is on situations like this but if you're willing to pay for the ticket upgrade I don't see the problem. They can't tell you how old your child is.

Good Luck!

kybred72

I have a Rewards Visa but would prefer not to pay for my vacation via credit card. When this special is released to the public on Thurs., can you pay for your vaca via other non-credit card methods?

Do they offer this at other non busy times of the year?

Thx!

Patsfan28

What a perfect time for a deal like this to come out! We had reservations at the Wilderness Lodge for Sept 16-21 for our honeymoon, now we are staying at the Beach Club Villas with free dining! Im going to keep it a secret from the fiance until we get there :) :sohappy:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have a Rewards Visa but would prefer not to pay for my vacation via credit card. When this special is released to the public on Thurs., can you pay for your vaca via other non-credit card methods?

Do they offer this at other non busy times of the year?

Thx!
They've pretty much offered it around the same period for three years now.

As for booking on Thursday, I'm pretty certain you can pay by any means you would normally pay. The deposit would have to reach them within whatever time-limit they set.

S & C

I'm In!!

I'm in for free dining!! Sept. 21 to Sept. 28. This is the third year in a row we've gotten this deal!! AWESOME! PORS---here we come!

Disneyfalcon

What a perfect time for a deal like this to come out! We had reservations at the Wilderness Lodge for Sept 16-21 for our honeymoon, now we are staying at the Beach Club Villas with free dining! Im going to keep it a secret from the fiance until we get there :) :sohappy:

Congratulations! That's awesome!!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If anyone has tried to call our office and you have not been able to leave a message. The voice mail system is DOWN. Can anyone guess how mad I am at Verizon right now.

If you want a quote or a booking,please try calling. I will answer if I am not on the phone or please e-mail me and please include your phone number and I will call you back.

Pam

Patsfan28

Since we live in Tampa we prob go about 20 times a yr and in March, we stayed at the Beach Club and fell in love with the Hotel. She will be so surprised when i turn to the Epcot Resort area instead of the Magic Kingdom Resort area! :kiss:

JimboJones123

If anyone has tried to call our office and you have not been able to leave a message. The voice mail system is DOWN. Can anyone guess how mad I am at Verizon right now.

If you want a quote or a booking,please try calling. I will answer if I am not on the phone or please e-mail me and please include your phone number and I will call you back.

Pam
Don't forget you can IM Pam too. .

Ranch Dressing

Pam

Or you can just call Disney themselves...

1-407-934-7639

There is almost no wait.

Capt. Jack

We booked our trip, unfortunatly, they don't offer the Free Dining Plan in the Beach Clubs Conceirge floor. We've been staying at the Beach Club every year, apparently from what my parents have told me, since it has opened. This will be the first year we aren't staying there, we're staying at the Yacht Club side, I realize it's not completely different, but it still won't be the same. We've been staying on the Conceirge floor for 4-5 years now, & we've enjoyed it. We know quite a few cast members there aswell.

Does anyone have any clue if soon that the Beach Clubs Conceirge Floor will be allowing this dining plan? ( Yes, only certain rooms / hotels allow this Dining Plan. )

marko

I tried booking at the pop for sept 21 to 29. They are already booked up, choice of all stars or port orleans, took orleans, :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom