Free Dining Rumor

disneycrazy1998

we are in too....sept. 15th - sept. 29th

and let me tell you how excited I am. There are 4 of us and my oldest is considered an adult. I saved $1791.00 for our 2 weeks ...yippee
:sohappy: Amazing. We were going either way, just now I have more money to spend at downtown disney & the outlet malls.

Lucky

I was on hold for an hour and a half, long enough to hear many of the same songs twice ("Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me"). Butr I got exactly what I wanted: Pop Century preferred room Sept. 14-23.

I made a second reservation for my sister, who does not have a Disney Visa. I specifically asked the CM whether the balance due on July 31 had to be paid with Disney Visa, and her answer was NO. This conflicts with what several others have posted here, so my CM may have been wrong on this.

ADRs are for:

Hoop-de-Do Revue
Liberty Tree Tavern
San Angel Inn
Supercalifragilistic breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe
Le Cellier
Biergarten
Donald's Breakfastasaurus
Boma
'Ohana

Good luck everyone.

CrackerJack

You only have to use your Disney Visa, NOT the rewards card. But it has to be used for All payments.

For slight clarification -- You must use the Disney Visa for the initial downpayment. You can use the Disney rewards card to pay on your balance. I have done both of these things.

Disneyfalcon

Okay it's official, I'm in!! I have finally seen my reservation with my own eyes!

POR Sept 22-30 4 rooms

I have adr's at
Chef Mickeys
Norway
California Grill
Le Cellier
Kona
Whispering Canyon
Hollywood & Vine

As everyone has said many CMs are completely wrong about things, but some of them are saying only the deposit has to be on the Disney Visa. I'd be prepared for either just in case.

Also some CMs are saying that there are packages being held for the general public on Thursday. :D

mary219

<<Also some CMs are saying that there are packages being held for the general public on Thursday>>>

I hope so,otherwise i will add the dining package,pay it off and pretend I am eating for free!!!!!!

RedBaron

Call back and talk to someone else. As I said above unfortunately some CM's are worthless. Keep calling back until you get one of the Great ones!
Amazingly the woman called me back just as I was about to pick up the phone to call again. Anyway it is all done and I am staying at POFQ from 9-7 to 9-12. I am so excited, I have not been to WDW in 9 years. I still cant believe free dining was offered during the time we planned to travel anyway. :sohappy:

jtced

Hi guys. 1st time to post, but read often! I've got a question.... I am looking at dates Sept. 8-15 to take adv of the free dining. Historically, is the weather a crapshoot in Central Fla. during this time? I read a story this week that the NWS is forcasting 70 days, from Aug. 1 to Nov. 31, '07, for Fla. weather to be affected by tropical storms. Is that common, cuz I don't like the odds!

We always go to Disney on our Anniversary which is Sept 12. We've been 7 years within our almost 9 years. You will have FL clouds whether or not they will rain on you is another. Just always have a poncho with you with a plan B. We were at POP when Hurricaine Ivan came up the Gulf coast and only had one bad day of weather.

Since the DDP has been offered you can see a big difference with the crowds but it still isn't the holiday crowds.

Ranch Dressing

I think we can squash the free Dining Plan rumor now:ROFLOL:

Yes, there will be packages for the general public on Thursday, in fact there should be enough to go around, so everyone can relax. There is a reason they are doing this, that is because the parks are DEAD during the time of the offer, just like last year, when they had the same promotion, and everyone freaked. The resturants will be busy, but the parks will be dead. They only care about filling the parks and getting money for the other things you will need.

Relax......

Lucky

We saw some big crowds last Aug. 17-25, with some hour-long waits for Splash Mountain. So I wouldn't say the parks are "dead" during this period. But it's not like spring break or Christmas or June/July either.

Ranch Dressing

I really ment September, where we pretty much waited for Soarin, at the most 20 minutes. They preach about hurricanes, but chances are you will not see them in the middle of the state, but it can get windy.

Honestly, I've never been to the parks in August. Sept is really the best time to go, Sept, Jan and Feb, for little or no waits.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose....:brick:

disneydudette

I was able to book All Star Music 9/8 to 9/15... standard view... but this was not my first choice..

Was hoping for All Star Movies but had no luck... all standard and preferred view rooms were "sold out" from 9/5-9/14 for 7 nights when I called, and this was before 11am. People are now having issues with some Moderates (CSR in particular) and a handful of Deluxes. Only club level at the WL or CR for certain dates.

The CM I talked to said that this was ALL the packages Disney has released, and the public will get whatever is left over. I HIGHLY doubt this is the case though. He did recommend that I try calling back on Thursday to see if Disney released more packages for the public which I'm planning on doing.

From my readings, no one was able to get a Standard view at ASmo which makes me speculate they're keeping a portion of packages on the back burner for public release but who knows!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As an aside, if you have booked using the Disney Visa and then call on Thursday and change your booking, you are doing a disservice to the rest of us. The reservation you cancel does not go back into the pool of available Free Dining rooms and you're basically taking away an opportunity from someone else.

Ranch Dressing

The CM I talked to said that this was ALL the packages Disney has released, and the public will get whatever is left over.

The CM's will tell you things to get you to buy right now. I have a insider who is manning the phones, setting up your reservations as I type this.

Again, relax, it will be ok, you will get a package.

( Thank heaven's I got mine already! )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom