Free Dining Rumor

shanny

alright, now im sure this has been covered at some point but still gotta ask. if the dining plan starts in the middle of our vacation, we can still get it for the last 5 days. would i have to rebook the first 4 days and pay for dining, and then rebook the last 5 with the free dining? we got the 9 day ph passes, could they put them all on the same ticket, 4 being paid for and 5 being free? i guess this could be a bit confusing...thats the only thing im worried about for the honeymoon now! it would just be a big help to not have to pay for much food, and be able to eat at places we never would have been able to to begin with. any free meals, gotta take what we can get :slurp:

hnp929@optonlin

WOW ,first post.!!!!!!:wave: Now that thats out of the way.Lets talk food.We will be there from 8/19-8/28.If most of my trip is covered under the free dinning plan do i have to book 2 trips?This year we are bringing grandma (2 rooms).That means 4 res # :hammer:.Glad my wife takes care of that.

Rob562

alright, now im sure this has been covered at some point but still gotta ask. if the dining plan starts in the middle of our vacation, we can still get it for the last 5 days. would i have to rebook the first 4 days and pay for dining, and then rebook the last 5 with the free dining? we got the 9 day ph passes, could they put them all on the same ticket, 4 being paid for and 5 being free? i guess this could be a bit confusing...thats the only thing im worried about for the honeymoon now! it would just be a big help to not have to pay for much food, and be able to eat at places we never would have been able to to begin with. any free meals, gotta take what we can get :slurp:

You'd have to book two separate reservations:

Res A: First 4 nights of your trip, but purchase 8 (or 9)-day park tickets with the package. They're good for 14 days from first use, so they'll still be good after your first reservation ends.

Res B: The Free Dining package for the final 4 nights of your trip, including 1-day tickets. Because you're required to get at least a 1-day ticket as part of the Free Dining package, you're stuck having to buy at least this one day.
You could also get 9-day ticket with Res A and save the 1-day ticket from Res B for a future trip.

But, if you have already purchased your 9-day tickets, the only option would be this:

Res A: a Room-Only reservation for the first 4 nights.

Res B: The Free Dining Package for your final 4 nights, including a 1-day ticket.

Does that make sense?

-Rob

aj_steig

Do you think it's a good idea to apply for the Disny Visa now? If i get accepted do you think they will incude me in the April 6 group even tho i just applied?

I would. Even is dining is (or isn't) free, there are still some benefits to getting the Disney Visa. I love mine!! I get compliments on it all the time (I chose the Tinkerbell design). I have saved up enough points for a free night at a moderate resort, so it worked out well for me.

If you want to find out more, go to: www.disneyrewards.com :wave:

aj_steig

If this happens, I will find enough Disney Visa card holders to "change their minds" about going on vacation..............this will free up enough room for us!!

Believe it or not, we changed our minds last year ( not in the way that Brer dad is thinking though... :ROFLOL: ) and we had to cancel our vacation. I can't believe I passed up free dining, but we had already gone in January (for two weeks!) and it gets expensive. If I remember correctly, it wasn't all that difficult to get through the lines last year the first day it was available to the visa members (we even tried to alter the vacation after it was available publicly and had no trouble), so hopefully it will be the same this year. Like other members have stated before, if it was offered for a few months and wasn't fully booked last year, then it hopefully shouldn't be an issue this year. :sohappy:

shanny

i think so, its tought to read and comprehend, versus talking to someone about it, you know? i just thought that since we already booked akl with 9 day ph, it might work? im sure marie from kk can work wonders though! im expecting a phone call at some ungodly hour of the morning it gets released. :snore: :snore: :sohappy:

couchpotatooo

resort help with dining plan:

Hello again, we made our dining reservations and got them all but the Royal Table so were going to have to work that one in at another time but I saw on a earlier thread that the break down on resorts because of the UK dining planning was going to be like 50% would be deluxe, 25% moderate, and 25% value resorts would be open for booking for the free dining plan. So my question is if we can't get a value resort like Pop Century which moderate resort would you choose. We have 2 little ones with us 5 and 3. Thanks for your time, John

WDW here we come in SEPT:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Rob562

but I saw on a earlier thread that the break down on resorts because of the UK dining planning was going to be like 50% would be deluxe, 25% moderate, and 25% value resorts would be open for booking for the free dining plan.

Those numbers were pure speculation by the poster that wrote them, based on a comment from a single source that the bulk of the available Free Dining packages would be for Deluxe-level resorts.

So until Value and Moderates start filling up and stop giving the Free Dining special, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

-Rob

JimboJones123

Those numbers were pure speculation by the poster that wrote them, based on a comment from a single source that the bulk of the available Free Dining packages would be for Deluxe-level resorts.

So until Value and Moderates start filling up and stop giving the Free Dining special, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

-Rob
If I MUST stay at the Poly...
:cry: :lookaroun :lol: :sohappy: :p

Disneyfalcon

More rumors from another board:

Someone just posted that their friend works for a major airlines and they're preparing their ad for free dining. Same dates as the OP. She doesn't know when the ad is coming out.:D

Disneyfalcon

More rumors from another board:

Someone just posted that their friend works for a major airlines and they're preparing their ad for free dining. Same dates as the OP. She doesn't know when the ad is coming out.:D

I quoted myself, lol!! She just updated and said her friend at the airlines said April 12!

Lucky

I heard a rumor that there was a rumor that free dining would be restricted to left-handed people this year, and they will all have to order from the children's menu.

Safari Princess

crap...I hope they extend it one more week and make it the whole month of Sept...:(

Too many issues associated with free dining. It causes a big strain on the CM's because there aren't enough Table Service Restaurants to meet demands when everyone is eating for free, and very few people will "settle" for anything less, despite the fact that the didn't pay for the meal. :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom