Free Dining Rumor

joyDisney

A woman who is a Disney travel agent has told me that this will be available for Disney Visa cardholders starting April 6th and will be open for the general public on April 12th. It is already listed on their board so it looks like a done deal.:sohappy:

Do you know what the Free dining starting and ending dates are?

gettingsmaller

AS I understand it, the normal operating procedure for this sort of promotion (or any other Disney package--even room only rates) is dependent upon your ARRIVAL date.
I believe it is the Unofficial Guide that mentions an example similar to this--or it could be Disney on a Dime (made up dates):
Aug 26 - Sept 30 = value = $100/night for room
Oct 1 - Dec 31 = peak = $200/night
Jan 1 - March 1 = regular = $150/night

If you check IN on Sept 30, you're going to pay the value rate for your entire stay. So, you might be there during peak, but you'll pay value because you checked IN during value. Conversely, if you check in on Dec 31, you'll pay peak rate even though much of your stay is during regular rate time.

So, all that to try to demonstrate that it's your CHECK IN date that is important for purposes of determining price, package benefits (like free dining), etc..

Of course, if you were a little more split, you could have two reservations to take advantage of something that started in the middle of your stay...

Also, I said it once already, but those are totally bogus dates, for the purpose of making an example only (just don't need the hassle of someone correcting me on the dates)

figment1985

Her agency's travel board that has their currents specials on it:animwink:

Wow, ok...don't ask us for information or anything......:rolleyes: Don't give detail if you can't quote where you heard it from, unless it's going to get you in trouble or something...

rcapolete

I actually changed my dates to sept.16-21 since it appears that the free dining plan might end beofre the end of sept. I was going to go the first week of Oct but would rather get the free dinning (money back on the dinning plan i already paid for)

yazmin182

If it's true that card holders will know on April 6, then only they can book it a week in advance right?

I wanted to apply for the card but i was waiting to book my trip so I will have 6 months to pay with no interest. I am thinking of doing it now because of the free dining, but if free dining doesn't come out, that would ruin all my plans! lol

OneLuckyMom

So, if Disney Visa cardholders can book on the 6th, do you have to give them your card number to verify you are in fact a cardholder?? Or do you just need a magic booking code that Disney will send via email to cardholders??

I ask because I just converted another Chase card I had to the Disney Rewards card last Friday. Since I was just converting an old account, and not opening a new one, it was open immediately and I could see it via the Chase website by Saturday. However, I was issued a new card number, and can only view the last 4 digits on the website - I need to receive the new card in the mail before I'll know the full number. Hopefully I'll receive the new card by the 6th, but it'll be close - will I be able to book if I haven't received the card???

shanny

AS I understand it, the normal operating procedure for this sort of promotion (or any other Disney package--even room only rates) is dependent upon your ARRIVAL date.
I believe it is the Unofficial Guide that mentions an example similar to this--or it could be Disney on a Dime (made up dates):
Aug 26 - Sept 30 = value = $100/night for room
Oct 1 - Dec 31 = peak = $200/night
Jan 1 - March 1 = regular = $150/night

If you check IN on Sept 30, you're going to pay the value rate for your entire stay. So, you might be there during peak, but you'll pay value because you checked IN during value. Conversely, if you check in on Dec 31, you'll pay peak rate even though much of your stay is during regular rate time.

So, all that to try to demonstrate that it's your CHECK IN date that is important for purposes of determining price, package benefits (like free dining), etc..

Of course, if you were a little more split, you could have two reservations to take advantage of something that started in the middle of your stay...

Also, I said it once already, but those are totally bogus dates, for the purpose of making an example only (just don't need the hassle of someone correcting me on the dates)

i understand those may not be the exact dates, if at all, i was just trying to clarify. hopefully they start earlier, but we will take whatever we can get :slurp:

OneLuckyMom

The payment for the trip must be with the Disney Visa card itself or you cannot book it. Belle

OK - then I have another question, if you don't mind!

I have a reservation already booked with the deposit paid via another credit card. Since I've "tainted" this reservation with a non-Disney Visa, will I not be able to just call them and put the code onto my existing reservation this year? (I was able to do this last year - and it wasn't a rebook since my reservation number didn't change and there wasn't a credit/new charge on my credit card. And there were rooms available on the plan at my resort still - I know about that limitation.) Or will they allow it if I put a payment of some kind at the same time onto my Disney Visa?

And one last question - if I can't just have them add the code to my existing reservation, and have to cancel my existing reservation and make a new one using my Disney Visa for the deposit, what happens to all of my ADRs that I already have? Are they tied to my existing reservation number? I'm bit confused on that - they always ask for my reservation number when making an ADR, but I'm not sure they are really tied together in any way other than my phone number...

Oops - guess that was really like two or three questions, not just one! :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom