Free Dining Plan is back!

New2WDW

I saw on another site that the Free Dining Plan is back for August 13 - September 30. Does anyone know if you can get this deal if you check in on the 30th? This deal might be our only chance to take a trip to the world this year! I hope so!

JimboJones123

no dining w/o the passes and hotel pkg.

Usually discounts move prices down one level. Moderates go for around regular value prices and deluxes can be as low as moderate levels. values can be as low as 45 per night

Upvote 0

DME

JimboJones123 said:
no dining w/o the passes and hotel pkg.

Usually discounts move prices down one level. Moderates go for around regular value prices and deluxes can be as low as moderate levels. values can be as low as 45 per night

Does that mean the prices are always that low or only when they offer specials?

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

from what i hear, there are ap prices in effect "MOST" of the time, but they are usually not announced more than a month or three before hand, KK knows MUCH more, but AP rates are never guranteed, and i have seen plenty of people very disappointed when they didn't get them. so if you're going AP for the discount, make sure you are actually getting it first.

Upvote 0

DME

JimboJones123 said:
from what i hear, there are ap prices in effect "MOST" of the time, but they are usually not announced more than a month or three before hand, KK knows MUCH more, but AP rates are never guranteed, and i have seen plenty of people very disappointed when they didn't get them. so if you're going AP for the discount, make sure you are actually getting it first.

Hmmm...it's too much of a risk then. I'd rather pay for tickets each year than worry that I can't get the dates I want. I guess it's not terrible staying at Pop Century or All-Starts considering we're never in the room anyway.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you have an AP and you want to take advantage of the free dining, this is what I am doing with my AP holders. They get a 1 day base ticket with their pkg for however many nights they want and then they use the AP for the rest of their stay. The dining plan goes by nights of stay, not how many days you have of passes so it works well for them. Call us or e-mail us and we will gladly set you up.

Pam

Upvote 0

RN2003AZ

Thank AEfx!. This is a quick 4-day-leave the 7 month old home with the grandparents for the first time-trip for my husband and I. Last time I went AKL wasn't built yet (2000) and free food was an easier way of convincing my "not a huge fan of Disney" husband to spend a little extra cash and upgrade hotels!! :goodnevil I'm just glad I made all my PS a few weeks ago before this deal came out and was able to get Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's and 50's Prime Time before they all booked up!

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Kingdom Konsultant said:
If you have an AP and you want to take advantage of the free dining, this is what I am doing with my AP holders. They get a 1 day base ticket with their pkg for however many nights they want and then they use the AP for the rest of their stay. The dining plan goes by nights of stay, not how many days you have of passes so it works well for them. Call us or e-mail us and we will gladly set you up.

Pam

NO WAY, MY PARENTS WILL BE THRILLED!!!

Upvote 0

dandaman

Well, you guys have never let me down before, regarding the latest info, etc.

Oh! What's this? Something seems to have been added in my signature... could this be a result of your attention to all goings-on in the World?

:D

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

JimboJones123 said:
if 2 people have season tix and the 3rd doesn't .. can the 1 day tix be used by anybody in the group?
I Actually asked the same question and in theory, the answer is no. Because the ticket was sold to Jimbo Jones, only Jimbo can use it. As it is a one day ticket and will NOT be biometrically encoded until it's first use, I dont see how it can be tracked. There is another option, the dollar value of the pass can be saved ( Dont use the pass at all) and applied to an upgrade of a ticket such as the renewal of an Annual Pass. Belle

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Are the tickets put on room keys with a package?

If so.. then what? If I have an AP, how do i keep that ticket? Does it expire when i check out? If it was jsut a ticket i could hold onto i'd be thrilled, but if it's on the room key, how does that work out?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there Merf, I held onto my room key which had my park passes encoded onto it. The days will only expirte if it is used for entry and not upgraded within 14 days of the first time you swiped the ticket for entry to a park. If you never swipe the card at a park entrance, then it stays inactivated. Using it as your hotel key doesnt activate the park pass portion of the card. Belle

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

mousermerf said:
Are the tickets put on room keys with a package?

If so.. then what? If I have an AP, how do i keep that ticket? Does it expire when i check out? If it was jsut a ticket i could hold onto i'd be thrilled, but if it's on the room key, how does that work out?

beat me to it... great pix btw

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
wannabeBelle said:
Hey there Merf, I held onto my room key which had my park passes encoded onto it. The days will only expirte if it is used for entry and not upgraded within 14 days of the first time you swiped the ticket for entry to a park. If you never swipe the card at a park entrance, then it stays inactivated. Using it as your hotel key doesnt activate the park pass portion of the card. Belle

I just feel odd thinking about carrying around a room key card as admission like months later. I guess a ticket is a ticket - note to self, throw out the room key cards i have laying around or use a sharpie to mark it.

It does mean i'd be paying rack rate for the AP renewal and have to do it at Guest Services though, right?

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

mousermerf said:
I just feel odd thinking about carrying around a room key card as admission like months later. I guess a ticket is a ticket - note to self, throw out the room key cards i have laying around or use a sharpie to mark it.

It does mean i'd be paying rack rate for the AP renewal and have to do it at Guest Services though, right?

guess it would be a good idea to pull out the ole' sharpie and mark that room key right across tinks face.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

mousermerf said:

Having the tickets on the hard plastic makes it easier to hold on to (in my opinion). You have a better chance of them not getting ruined or having the bar code damaged.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Whoo-Hoooo!
Belle got my family set up to go back to the world last night and she is now working on my priority seating list!!! Thanks Belle and KK! Also wanted to thank everyone on the site for their info and ideas! Belle was able to get me on the Free DP this Fall with the $200 deposit and no insurance at this time in the case that I might have to cancel! I will add the insurance later when I pay the balance and I just did a one day base ticket to get the plan and will add to that once down at the Kingdom so that I don't have to pay all of that 45 days out. Again, I appreciate all ya'lls help! This will keep our family tradition going for another year!
(I am seriously hooked on the Disney Vacation thing!) :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom