Free Dining Plan is back!

New2WDW

I saw on another site that the Free Dining Plan is back for August 13 - September 30. Does anyone know if you can get this deal if you check in on the 30th? This deal might be our only chance to take a trip to the world this year! I hope so!

wannabeBelle said:
Keep in mind that Narcoosee's is a Signature Dining Experience and would "cost" you two of your sit down meals to eat there one time. In light of that I can't imagine that that particular item would be excluded. If you are still interested in dining there, I would contact Disney directly to be sure that this item is included. Belle

Thanx Belle! I am aware of the "2 points" for Narcoossee's. I have not dined here before & want to try it. The menu selections look great!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

TeeCeeFitz said:
Thanx Belle! I am aware of the "2 points" for Narcoossee's. I have not dined here before & want to try it. The menu selections look great!
I got in touch with Disney Dining and the young lady I spoke with called all over and she came to the same conclusion I thought. There are restaurants that have lobster/lobster tail as an add on. These are NEVER included with the entree and would have to be ordered separately. The lobster items you are refering to are all part of the entree, so she had thought that they would be included as well. Hope this helps. Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there everyone, Just wanted to give a heads up. The booking period for the free dining offer is coming quickly to a close. June 4, 2006 is the deadline by which to book your trip to get the Magic Your Way Dining Plan for free. If you havent booked it yet, do so as soon as possible to insure that this great offer doesnt expire!!! Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there Merf, I just checked Disneyworld.Com as well as the Disneyworld Travel Agents site both still say June 4, 2006 as of now. I hope you are right though!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

THECARISMINE

IT ENDS THIS SUNDAY i JUST BOOKED LOL

Oh I almost forgot they are REALLY REALLY running out of rooms just in time for me thank God I was getting really scared that we couldn't aford it this year.

Upvote 0
And I would say you should make your dining reservations quickly as well since during my trip (I booked yesterday for 9/30-10/6) Le Cellier and Coral Reef were either completely booke dor on had slots at 4PM and 8:30 PM for dinner.

Upvote 0

gemini

After hearing about the priority seating filling up so fast, I was worried we wouldn't have any normal dinner times. But of the four we've made so far, only Le Cellier was bad, at a 7:50. We got Liberty Tree at 5:10 and two others at the exact time we requested.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

mousermerf said:
Just so no one thinks i'm batty...

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/restnews.htm

All Ears says it's true. I knew i saw it somewhere :)

I can confirm this is TRUE from official sources...

The Magic Your Way Plus FREE Dine offer has been extended to book through June 25th, 2006. However, you may notice advertisements for this offer to indicate the travel dates have changed to August 19 - September 30th with other black-out periods during this offer appearing in future ads. This is due to the very limited availability of rooms left. Most nights have sold out August 13-18th, and other nights are selling out fast.

If you would still like to get in on this special offer call 1-407-W-DISNEY or your travel agent -- insert Kingdom Konsultants plug here -- AS SOON AS POSSIBLE before your travel dates are gone!

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

JPVonDrake said:

The Magic Your Way Plus FREE Dine offer has been extended to book through June 25th, 2006. However, you may notice advertisements for this offer to indicate the travel dates have changed to August 19 - September 30th with other black-out periods during this offer appearing in future ads. This is due to the very limited availability of rooms left. Most nights have sold out August 13-18th, and other nights are selling out fast.

If you would still like to get in on this special offer call 1-407-W-DISNEY or your travel agent -- insert Kingdom Konsultants plug here -- AS SOON AS POSSIBLE before your travel dates are gone!

Thanks to MouserMerf for the tip and JP for providing the official scoop!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
JPVonDrake said:

Question...
Has Disney allocated "X" amount of rooms especially for the free dining package people and that is why it is sold out?

OR

Has all *gasp* of Disney sold out for the week of Aug 13-18, etc.?

I wont be there until Aug 24-29 but I suddenly have visions of us fighting our way through enormous crowds rather than the usual slowness of this particular week of the year. Please tell me that I am not going to be fighting off Spring Break type crowds. :lookaroun :eek:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

tiggerific418 said:
Question...
Has Disney allocated "X" amount of rooms especially for the free dining package people and that is why it is sold out?

OR

Has all *gasp* of Disney sold out for the week of Aug 13-18, etc.?

I wont be there until Aug 24-29 but I suddenly have visions of us fighting our way through enormous crowds rather than the usual slowness of this particular week of the year. Please tell me that I am not going to be fighting off Spring Break type crowds. :lookaroun :eek:

Whenever a discount marketing offer is released, there is a select and limited number of discounted rooms available at each resort, in each room type, for each date within the offer period. Once they sell out, they are gone. Individual Guest cancellations do not increase the number of discounted rooms available.

Sell-out conditions at our Resorts can happen at anytime, as Disney Resorts can boast to have one of the highest occupancy levels in the industry. However, sold out Disney Resorts do not necessarily mean crowded Disney Theme Parks. First, the parks can easily accommodate all the Guests staying at all of Disney's 22 Resorts, and still welcome Guests staying at any of the hundreds of hotels and motels throughout the Orlando Area. Even if our resorts are sold out, the hundreds of other may not be. Also, not all Guests staying at our Resorts on any given day will be visiting the Theme Parks, as we host several business and other group Conventions who will be attending various seminars, meeting, sporting events, and banquets with their convention instead.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Thank you Marie for bringing this thread back to life. You beat me to it.:lol:

Thanks for the Heads up Merf. There is absolutely nothing about the extended booking time frame on the travel agents site.

And thank you to JP for his eternal wisdom with explaining the workings of all things Disney.

Pam

Upvote 0

KrazyKemp

I am so happy that I have booked my vacation during this Free Dining Plan period...

Thanks to Marie from Kingdom Konsultants for booking my vacation and doing our Advance Dining Reservations!

I am so exctied!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
JPVonDrake said:
Whenever a discount marketing offer is released, there is a select and limited number of discounted rooms available at each resort, in each room type, for each date within the offer period. Once they sell out, they are gone. Individual Guest cancellations do not increase the number of discounted rooms available.

Sell-out conditions at our Resorts can happen at anytime, as Disney Resorts can boast to have one of the highest occupancy levels in the industry. However, sold out Disney Resorts do not necessarily mean crowded Disney Theme Parks. First, the parks can easily accommodate all the Guests staying at all of Disney's 22 Resorts, and still welcome Guests staying at any of the hundreds of hotels and motels throughout the Orlando Area. Even if our resorts are sold out, the hundreds of other may not be. Also, not all Guests staying at our Resorts on any given day will be visiting the Theme Parks, as we host several business and other group Conventions who will be attending various seminars, meeting, sporting events, and banquets with their convention instead.

That is pretty much how I assumed things worked for these type of promos. Thanks for the clarification. I was in WDW for spring break 2004 and many of the reservation CMs i spoke with claimed the resort was "sold out" for the time I was there. When we got there and saw waits of no less than 2 hours for most attractions I believed them. It was by far my least enjoyable experience in Disney in nearly 20 trips. Thanks for your usual overflowing fountain of knowledge.

Upvote 0

Mr.Stitch

Overlooked Dining Plan Info...

We've booked the last 3 years with the free dining plan and it is great, but every year they have changed it slightly (see below for changes for 2008).

We already pre-booked for this year when we were there last year as they offered a chance to pre-book a 2008 trip w/ free dining again - but the dates were for Sept 2008 only.

I've checked Disney's site for any official info & can't find any on the free dining --- can someone please provide a link or where I can find it?

Also, these things have changed for 2008 and they need to be mentioned (check the pdf of Disney's Dining Guide for confirmation - found on WDW web site)....
1) Appetizers are no longer provided in 2008 for Table Service meals - you still receive your entree, drink (non-alcoholic) and dessert. App is still avail. for kids 3-9 yrs - usually because it is part of a kids combo/meal.

2) Tips are also NOT included in Table Service meals either - so please budget accordingly to add a tip. I thnk the only thing that has a tip included in are the dinner shows e.g. Hoop-Dee-Doo.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom