FP+ only Toy Story Midway Mania

tigger1968

I think he's referring to the third track bringing 33% more.

So you have to determine what these two tracks work better as - FP, standby, or mixed.

I was indeed referring to the apparent addition of a third track. I should have made that clearer. Apologies for any confusion.

WDW1974

Understand that this is a test of a test that when completed will be a test of something even bigger.

This is another boneheaded move by TDO/Burbank to attempt to add capacity at WDW without actually adding new attractions, shows, entertainment to keep people occupied.

This is a test of TSMM's ability to operate as a FP+ only attraction in advance of the the addition of a third track, which is NOT a rumour and IS happening.

When completed, Disney intends to see how well simply adding capacity to an existing attraction works to decide whether or not to add the third theater to Soarin.

Really.

BrianLo

When completed, Disney intends to see how well simply adding capacity to an existing attraction works to decide whether or not to add the third theater to Soarin.

Really.

Spoiler - It will significantly reduce wait times.

What's there to 'figure out'? I assume soarin' is on the backburner cause it's not like Epcot is getting the new film before 2018...

FoozieBear

Are they insane? Why on earth would they shut down their most popular attraction for three days for FastPass+?? I don't see this going down very well, and I can't even imagine how many angry guests are storming past Toy Story Mania. FastPasses for that thing run out within minutes, especially with allowing guests to book in advance of even entering the park.

Nemo14

Understand that this is a test of a test that when completed will be a test of something even bigger.

This is another boneheaded move by TDO/Burbank to attempt to add capacity at WDW without actually adding new attractions, shows, entertainment to keep people occupied.

This is a test of TSMM's ability to operate as a FP+ only attraction in advance of the the addition of a third track, which is NOT a rumour and IS happening.

Really.
and the sad thing is they think that people will love this.

Clamman73

Have we discussed somewhere whether the third track would be an exact replica? Would they make it different enough to make people want to do both a standby and a fastpass version of the ride???

Bairstow

Have we discussed somewhere whether the third track would be an exact replica? Would they make it different enough to make people want to do both a standby and a fastpass version of the ride???

Why would Disney want to incentivize standing in the standby queue?

Also, why spend money creating additional ride content when people are still happy with existing content?

I would be shocked if track 3 were not an exact replica of the first two.

Sped2424

So it's begun, this started with be our guest, now anna and elsa and the one thing I really didn't want it to happen on was attractions. And look where we are now. IF GUESTS ARE WILLING TO WAIT FOR AN EXPERIENCE THEY SHOULDN'T BE DENIED IT. All of these tests do nothing but give hotel resorts stayers A HUGE ADVANTAGE over those that aren't staying in one. When is it going to end? Am I going to have to check a return ticket to actually enter the park that way the street walks aren't to crowded for all guests? Call my statement ridiculous but it follows the current strategy of management. They are killing their own ride capacity.

Bairstow

IF GUESTS ARE WILLING TO WAIT FOR AN EXPERIENCE THEY SHOULDN'T BE DENIED IT.

I think Disney's position is that just because guests are willing to wait in line and make themselves miserable, that doesn't mean they need to let them.

If people are willing to put up with the tooth loss, psychotic disorders, and heart problems associated with crystal meth addiction, is it right to deny them?

azox

Are they insane? Why on earth would they shut down their most popular attraction for three days for FastPass+?? I don't see this going down very well, and I can't even imagine how many angry guests are storming past Toy Story Mania. FastPasses for that thing run out within minutes, especially with allowing guests to book in advance of even entering the park.

I also don't get why they did this now right after they recently closed down a bunch of attractions in that park.
We were there last week and had park hoppers. We fast passed stuff at Epcot and then just waiting in line for TS since there were no more FP's left for the day. I would have been upset if we went to that park for this ride and it was closed to standby this week. (would have been a waste of park hopper since that's the only reason we went over the DHS)

Sped2424

I think Disney's position is that just because guests are willing to wait in line and make themselves miserable, that doesn't mean they need to let them.

If people are willing to put up with the tooth loss, psychotic disorders, and heart problems associated with crystal meth addiction, is it right to deny them?
So waiting in line is the equivalent of meth addiction? I am sorry but waiting for something then getting is not the same as getting a hardcore drug problem. You want to experience a film at midnight? COol you have to wait in line, you want to get a new Iphone? Cool, you have to wait in line. The minute you give anyone else preferential treatment that others have no access to is when you lose hard.

Cubfan300

Sure, go ahead and twist my words into an extreme version of whatever you want them to say. That's fine! But, in reality, yes, they could do this, but I would hope you know that they wouldn't because it just wouldn't be right and would cause a lot of complaints, not to mention pxxxing people off. For this week, though, while they're testing this, they've said this is how you get to ride. Speaking to your way of thinking here, essentially, they have said you must wear a red shirt and schedule a time to ride, but we're giving you the red shirt and providing you with lots of times to choose from. The choice is yours.

Disney is in the business of providing entertainment to people, and by doing so they want to make money as well. But, they only have a limited number of attractions and can only accommodate a certain number of guests per day on each attraction. So, to rectify this, they're looking at new and creative ways to do this. I know they're different, and yes, I agree, I don't necessarily like them all, but I will try and be patient and wait to see how this all works.
Well, yes and no. People have already prebooked their Fastpasses and in the instance of TSMM, there probably isn't much capacity left. So, if you are a day guest, or if you were planning on waiting in standby this week, well, you are out of luck. No red shirts to give you.

Bairstow

So waiting in line is the equivalent of meth addiction? I am sorry but waiting for something then getting is not the same as getting a hardcore drug problem. You want to experience a film at midnight? COol you have to wait in line, you want to get a new Iphone? Cool, you have to wait in line. The minute you give anyone else preferential treatment that others have no access to is when you lose hard.

The only explanation I have for the parents who were waiting 4 hours in the Florida sun for the original Anna and Elsa meet and greet setup is that they already were on crystal meth.

Just because people are willing to engage in stupid and self-punishing behaviors doesn't mean they should be permitted to do so, especially when guest satisfaction, not guest freedom, is Disney's goal.

The demand for Midway Mania, the Frozen characters, and Soaring outstrips capacity to such an outrageous degree that Disney has to seek out alternatives to the traditional standby queue.

RSoxNo1

This test reminds me of the one they did a few years ago with Rock N' Rollercoaster, and they made everyone wait in groups, then paged them when their time was available. I'm guessing this is kind of an extension of that.
I don't think so. The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster test was a proof of concept for Dumbo. I would speculate that this is to see how backed up the Fastpass+ line gets at Toy Story. I suspect they're going to find that they need to have a way for Standby Guests to go on one of the two original tracks and vice versa. That's the most logical reason for this test.

Sped2424

The only explanation I have for the parents who were waiting 4 hours in the Florida sun for the original Anna and Elsa meet and greet setup is that they already were on crystal meth.

Just because people are willing to engage in stupid and self-punishing behaviors doesn't mean they should be permitted to do so, especially when guest satisfaction, not guest freedom, is Disney's goal.

The demand for Midway Mania, the Frozen characters, and Soaring outstrips capacity to such an outrageous degree that Disney has to seek out alternatives to the traditional standby queue.
Cool so when does the need for people who are willing to walk in the sun all day begin to warrant them limiting access to the magic kingdom. I don't like how crowded the park is during wishes and I want them to remove the standby for that. Perhaps they can start giving return times to the park? I mean I get folks are paying almost 100 dollars to enter a theme park but that somehow doesn't entitle them to actually experience attractions and other things when they want to experience them. My need for a short and happy experience outweighs everyone elses. Doesn't it?

RSoxNo1

DAS users are able to schedule fastpass+ in addition to their DAS. If a ride does not have a standby queue operating, Disney wouldn't be obligated to make additional arrangements for people using DAS as they are denying ALL park guests access. If someone had a fp+ and an additional mobility issue/DAS issue, I'm sure they are accommodating the disability in whatever way they normally would.
Yes, but this is shifting further away from the intended DAS benefits. I understand it's only for 4 days, but I would think this constitutes a complaint far more legit than the current lawsuit going on.

RSoxNo1

Somehow the standby line for TSMM at CA is not that bad even at 40+ minutes, maybe it is because I love that park. Or the weather? RSR has the massive wait times, but that ride is AWESOME and worth it. It has both legacy FP and single rider lines. The most coveted piece of paper in DLR is a RSR FP. I once waited an hour in the FP line to get one, 'til I wised up and went single rider.
I respectfully disagree. I have never waited less than 35 minutes standby for TSMM in California and it's a very lousy line. The standby line in Florida has it's faults, but at least there's something interesting to look at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom