Four for a Dollar is no more...

Mouseketeer09

NOOOO.....I <3ed Four for a Dollar! That was one of the best parts of the show...thats it! I'm gna put in a complaint-bring back four for a dollar and the tollhouse cookie sandwiches! :wave:

Einselen

Four For a Dollar I think is one of the best little known secrets of Disney. I did not know about their show until recently since it was before Beauty and the Beast and anytime I would go to that show I would show up right before as there was no need to wait. (I had not been to Disney for a very long time until the past few years). I am glad I was able to catch them and put them as Episode 5 of my podcast. I hope to maybe get back before they are done to catch more footage.

kucarachi

Beauty and The Bore

There is really no redeeming quality for any man or boy to wanna see this show more than once. The action scenes are lacking and it doesnt compare to the broadway show at all. Take it indoors put some money into it and make it that good. Granted there is only so much you can put into a 30 min show but even at that it moves slow and is uninspired. maybe 2 shows per night on a grander scale
and i do agree once four for a dollar leave the show you dont smile the rest of the way through

Einselen

There is really no redeeming quality for any man or boy to wanna see this show more than once. The action scenes are lacking and it doesnt compare to the broadway show at all. Take it indoors put some money into it and make it that good. Granted there is only so much you can put into a 30 min show but even at that it moves slow and is uninspired. maybe 2 shows per night on a grander scale
and i do agree once four for a dollar leave the show you dont smile the rest of the way through

Even though I enjoy BATB it is something I just do every so often or with someone who has not seen it. It still gets crowds but I guess Four For A Dollar don't since not many people know about them? I like Mulch Sweat and Shears a lot (different styles of course) but they just appear and not many people stop. I would think getting rid of them (I don't think any live entertainment should be cut, that IMHO is what makes Disney very unique, especially over at World Showcase, you can easily spend a whole day at EPCOT with all the shows there) would save money out of all the live performances. 6? performers, gas on the truck, maitnence on instruments and truck, etc.

Tarzan513

That is just too bad. Like many of the other posts above, they were the reason that I went to the BATB show. For me, the BATB show is old, and simply ok. After seeing the Broadway show, it is hard for me to get into this show with so many "stiff" charectors. Anyway, I agree that I would love to see the Aladdin show there. I have always been amazed that this prime time movie has such little representation at WDW. I mean really, Dumbo and Astro wasn't enough at MK, we had to put a third uniform ride in with Magic Carpet; which is the best they could do with Aladdin???

DisneyGigi

Wow, I hate to hear that.:( They gave us their CD for our anniversary last year and they did a special little thing with us and sang When You Wish Upon a Star. It was a highlight of our trip. We enjoyed it so much and regularly listen to their CD. Hopefully we will get to see them one more time before they go!

Einselen

I am listening to the sample tracks of Return 2 Zero aka Four For a Dollar and it is amazing their harmonies and blend with having only 4 parts. As sad as it is to see them leave I hope this will work out for the best for them. Very talented group of men.

Einselen

The name "Four for a Dollar" belongs to Disney. "Return 2 Zero" belongs to the group and is the name they use everywhere else.

Why did Disney rename them? I guess technically VOL is Liberty Voices outside the park, never though of that before. Ok back to your regularly scheduled thread :)

Quote:
Wow--first the Kristo's (my #1 fav. act in Disney) were booted last year, now my new #1 Four For A Dollar is booted!
Please don't decide that you like Off Kilter next. ;)

I would say it would be safe to say to like Mo'Rockin next, I feel that this is one of the worse things of Disney entertainment. Do they sing that way cause they ate their food? I made some of the same sounds in an adjacent restroom stall. :eek:

I will miss four for a dollar though:cry:.
They had some of the best harmony "I should know because I was in a band!"
Some days I just think the Heads of Disney do not think like Walt would have!:hammer:
Sad to say one more reason to spend less then Half a day at DHS.:snore:

PeoplemoverTTA

I would say it would be safe to say to like Mo'Rockin next, I feel that this is one of the worse things of Disney entertainment. Do they sing that way cause they ate their food? I made some of the same sounds in an adjacent restroom stall. :eek:

I really enjoy the entertainment from all the countries in World Showcase. Everyone has their personal preferences, but as someone who enjoys traveling and appreciates different cultures, I enjoy Mo'Rockin. It's not my favorite, but I can appreciate the music and culture.

Ena 52299

I will miss four for a dollar though:cry:.
They had some of the best harmony "I should know because I was in a band!"
Some days I just think the Heads of Disney do not think like Walt would have!:hammer:
Sad to say one more reason to spend less then Half a day at DHS.:snore:
Ha Ha Ha.... definatly agree! :ROFLOL:

pianoman

Original Poster
Why did Disney rename them? I guess technically VOL is Liberty Voices outside the park, never though of that before. Ok back to your regularly scheduled thread :)
It is all about controlling the usage of the name. With Voices of Liberty, for instance, Disney is able to hire and fire members while retaining the same name for the group.

I remember hearing that Disney was not amused with the title of Future Corps' self-released CD: "The Future of Corps." :)

Biff215

It is all about controlling the usage of the name. With Voices of Liberty, for instance, Disney is able to hire and fire members while retaining the same name for the group.

I remember hearing that Disney was not amused with the title of Future Corps' self-released CD: "The Future of Corps." :)

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I can also imagine they would use a different name on property since they don't always have all four members of "Return 2 Zero" at the Studios. Every now and then one of the guys gets some vacation time and a replacement is used, so technically they are not the same group. Just a thought though, the above explanation makes a lot of sense as well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom