Fountain & Bottled Drink, Popcorn, Pretzel, and Other Snack Item Prices Exponentially

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
nobody complains when their house goes up in value of they get higher interest payments in their money market account. It is all part of the same system. Learn to smell the 🌹. Pat Boone or someone.

And if they were increasing correspondingly to inflation rates your analogy would be acceptable. Except THEY'RE NOT!

@jt04 you know I love your stupid optimism, but please tel me how you can justify a $4 bottle of water?

mf1972

73C2C143-481F-4EE1-A46E-AE74C2F279BF.jpeg

eliza61nyc

Am I the only one that goes to the movies? Went to see "night school" Sunday night. small soda (movie theater small is 24 oz. lol) $5.39

went to the Eagles, home opener. regular soda 4.00 bucks, water 4.00 bucks.

I have a fridge so we freeze water and bring it with us.

not shocked by these prices at all.

tissandtully

Am I the only one that goes to the movies? Went to see "night school" Sunday night. small soda (movie theater small is 24 oz. lol) $5.39

Movie theaters are not a good comparison at all, theaters almost make no money on movie tickets, all on concession. It's like if they let you into MK for free and then charged $50 per soda. Also, just because everywhere else is doing it doesn't make it right either.

iowamomof4

As has been noted already though, I'm not spending a week eating from the Eagles snack stand. Enjoying one event (movie, game, theater show, etc...) and paying those prices for ONE snack or meal is one thing. Paying close to that level for food for a family of 6 (in my case) for an entire vacation is another thing altogether.

eliza61nyc

As has been noted already though, I'm not spending a week eating from the Eagles snack stand. Enjoying one event (movie, game, theater show, etc...) and paying those prices for ONE snack or meal is one thing. Paying close to that level for food for a family of 6 (in my case) for an entire vacation is another thing altogether.

Theme park prices are also not all the restaurant prices. Disney spring restaurants do not charge those. so most guest (unless they are brand new to the world) do not eat every meal inside the parks.

(as of when I was last there in August)

Also at most table service joints you can get tap water without any problem so that maybe the cheapest alternative.

Last edited:

MickeyMinnieMom

These prices seem nutty to me. Just like those at movie theaters, ballparks, etc. Outrageous, but when you’re a captive audience, that’s what happens.

And even though we are DVC and buy cases of water bottles, we’re not going to pack mule our way around WDW and always end up buying more water when it’s 100 degrees out. Annoys me that it costs what it does, but I’m still going to pay for it rather than carry drinks around all day — as are many guests. Which is, of course, why they can keep raising these prices.

Lensman

Sadface. Price increases are never good. Is it true that the bottled water is staying the same? Or is that an oversight?

WDW will be charging $3.50 for bottled water. By comparison, you can purchase a 24 pack of 16oz Zephyrhills bottles at a Florida Publix for $4.99. True, you can ask for tap but I still bring a cooler full of water bottles and take in two bottles into a a park each day.
I do like the fact that you can get around the "captive audience" factor by bringing your own food and drink into the parks. This is one way that the situation is better than at ballparks and movie theaters.

I get your point...but good god, who can drink that sulfur water 🤢
Is Zephyr Hills really that bad? I admit that I'm a bit partial to Fiji, but I figured that was my pickiness or snobbishness. We use Brita at home so we're not that picky (but I am known for being selectively frugal).

Is there a good object comparison of bottled water?

It allows us to justify getting a rental car for the week. We stop at Target, get three cases of water for $15 and that equates to $252 in the World. That more than pays for the car for the week. Although the new resort parking fee is a new wrinkle... gosh darn it, they implemented that just to get me
I put my thinking cap on but couldn't think of an ideal alternative - except maybe taking revenge by eating offsite once a day or so to recoup the parking fee. Lol

Would Uber be cheaper?

We found that if you refill your bottles early in the day, you'll get less sulfur flavor.
Have you ever tried those flavor additives? Do they overwhelm the sulfur?

Pretty soon some entrepreneur is going to add on a cooler onto their ECV - either packed with ice packs or maybe the thermodynamics work out for thermoelectric cooling? I don't think the latter is powerful enough for 90+ degree weather, though.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
AP Increase have typically happened in February, so you should be safe for this year.

I wouldn't count on that. They almost have to get an AP price increase in at least 12 months prior to SW:GE opening.

Gosh, and people thought I was going off the deep end when Mickey ice cream bars went from $3.75 to $5... I guess I should be bowing to Disney for not increasing prices a commensurate amount this time?

And all the "well, the prices at NFL games are..." and "Movie theater prices are..." are NOT VALID COMPARISONS. End of discussion.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sadface. Price increases are never good. Is it true that the bottled water is staying the same? Or is that an oversight?

I do like the fact that you can get around the "captive audience" factor by bringing your own food and drink into the parks. This is one way that the situation is better than at ballparks and movie theaters.

Is Zephyr Hills really that bad? I admit that I'm a bit partial to Fiji, but I figured that was my pickiness or snobbishness. We use Brita at home so we're not that picky (but I am known for being selectively frugal).

Is there a good object comparison of bottled water?

I put my thinking cap on but couldn't think of an ideal alternative - except maybe taking revenge by eating offsite once a day or so to recoup the parking fee. Lol

Would Uber be cheaper?

Have you ever tried those flavor additives? Do they overwhelm the sulfur?

Pretty soon some entrepreneur is going to add on a cooler onto their ECV - either packed with ice packs or maybe the thermodynamics work out for thermoelectric cooling? I don't think the latter is powerful enough for 90+ degree weather, though.

http://www.cruzincoolerdirect3.com/optionsczhb.html

:cool:

MickeyMinnieMom

OT: GO BIRDS! (I’m done)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom