Fountain & Bottled Drink, Popcorn, Pretzel, and Other Snack Item Prices Exponentially

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
So folks were wondering how the wage increases were going to be paid for? Wonder no longer, this is the first.
Mmmm. Love the taste of false equivalencies. Delicious.

Haven't there been significant cuts in staffing and hours worked recently? So I'm not sure how paying fewer people more results what you're saying. Additionally aren't most wage rates governed by a collective bargaining agreement that is already in place?

fngoofy

There has never been a $5 snack cap, what on earth are you talking about?
If you are on the dining plan, you can use your snack option for anything that is under $5. So you can't go get a pizza with a snack, but you can get anything that is under $5. Like a bag of Chip & Dale Trail Mix, or a bag of popcorn, or a soda, but not a Chicken Parm.

Radeksgrl

This is nothing, just wait until they jack the AP prices. You want to see a price increase have an affect attendance? Wait until the droves of non-renewals come in.

I'm wondering about that as well, my AP is up for renewal mid-December. I hope they don't start charging lower tier passholders for parking again. It was only a few years ago that I had to pay for parking at each visit with my Silver Pass, and I worry at every renewal that they are going to bring that back. That would definitely result in a non-renewal from me this time around.

John park hopper

I recommend refill mugs or keeping snacks in the room for those on a budget. Payroll just went up a good chunk so naturally prices follow.

I personally think the CM's are worth it and consider these increases their tips in a way.

God forbid WDW pays the CM's out of the profits they make every year and give the guests (suckers) a break. They just added a resort parking fee in March one would think that would cover a CM wage increase. New WDW motto "Money for nothing and your drinks ain't free" Dire Straits. Ridiculous price increases $5.75 for a Mickey ice cream won't be buying that

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

If you are on the dining plan, you can use your snack option for anything that is under $5. So you can't go get a pizza with a snack, but you can get anything that is under $5. Like a bag of Chip & Dale Trail Mix, or a bag of popcorn, or a soda, but not a Chicken Parm.
Yeah um... that's not true at all. $5 has nothing to do with it. You can buy whatever has the DDP snack icon next to it, period. Loads of snack items have been over $5 for years. A pretzel was already over $5 and it's a snack. Smoothies are over $5 and they're snacks. Lots of Starbucks items over $5 are snacks. Fancy deserts are over $5 and they're snacks.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I'm wondering about that as well, my AP is up for renewal mid-December. I hope they don't start charging lower tier passholders for parking again. It was only a few years ago that I had to pay for parking at each visit with my Silver Pass. That would definitely result in a non-renewal from me.

AP Increase have typically happened in February, so you should be safe for this year.

fngoofy

Yeah um... that's not true at all. $5 has nothing to do with it. You can buy whatever has the DDP snack icon next to it, period. Loads of snack items have been over $5 for years. A pretzel was already over $5 and it's a snack. Smoothies are over $5 and they're snacks. Lots of Starbucks items over $5 are snacks. Fancy deserts are over $5 and they're snacks.
Good to know.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Supply and demand folks. As soon as demand slides, so will your prices. But with Staw Wars coming next year, dont bet on demand sliding for a few years.

jt04

God forbid WDW pays the CM's out of the profits they make every year and give the guests (suckers) a break. They just added a resort parking fee in March one would think that would cover a CM wage increase. New WDW motto "Money for nothing and your drinks ain't free" Dire Straits. Ridiculous price increases $5.75 for a Mickey ice cream won't be buying thank

nobody complains when their house goes up in value of they get higher interest payments in their money market account. It is all part of the same system. Learn to smell the 🌹. Pat Boone or someone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom