Fountain & Bottled Drink, Popcorn, Pretzel, and Other Snack Item Prices Exponentially

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Am I the only one that goes to the movies? Went to see "night school" Sunday night. small soda (movie theater small is 24 oz. lol) $5.39

went to the Eagles, home opener. regular soda 4.00 bucks, water 4.00 bucks.

I have a fridge so we freeze water and bring it with us.

not shocked by these prices at all.

And the usual suspects show up to regal us with the usual nonsense.

lol

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Am I the only one that goes to the movies? Went to see "night school" Sunday night. small soda (movie theater small is 24 oz. lol) $5.39

went to the Eagles, home opener. regular soda 4.00 bucks, water 4.00 bucks.

I have a fridge so we freeze water and bring it with us.

not shocked by these prices at all.

Yes.

Why is that people have to be so rude when we don't exactly attack Disney every time they do something you don't agree with.
Because he’s right.

Lensman

So folks were wondering how the wage increases were going to be paid for? Wonder no longer, this is the first.
Does corporate America really run with such a straight line passing along cost increases to their customers? If the markets will support pricing large fountain drinks at $4.50 each after CM raises, why didn't they support $4.50 large fountain drinks before? That could have been an extra 80 cents for every drink in the pockets of shareholders for years!

BTW, in reality I do think there is something of this effect in bureaucratic corporate America if you're determining retail pricing using constant margins. But under this theory their costs had to have gone up by 10-20 percent. I am doubtful of that.

MacRtst

So glad I am able to buy water here in PA and ship it to the resort before I get there. Got a GREAT work discount on shipping with one of the major carriers. And it's just the wife and I. I manage to buy and ship 24 bottles of water for about $10. And due to allergies we can't churro. If anything our money gets eaten up at starbucks for coffee. I'm sure one of these day a price increase is going to get us though. Prob the APs next year.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
How could anyone not have seen this coming when they agreed the the $15 minimum wage? Every price on everything was guaranteed to go up to cover the costs of that wage increase.

Oh man you cracked it.

Wait? But what about the price increases before the new minimum wage (which doesn’t start for YEARS) how can we blame those increases on the frontline cast?

Gotta have a fall guy,,, Todd from Tower of Terror, you son of a....how dare you demand slightly more per hour?!?!? Now poor TWDC has to charge us exponentially more for snacks and drinks to keep from going belly up.

yaksplat

So glad I am able to buy water here in PA and ship it to the resort before I get there. Got a GREAT work discount on shipping with one of the major carriers. And it's just the wife and I. I manage to buy and ship 24 bottles of water for about $10. And due to allergies we can't churro. If anything our money gets eaten up at starbucks for coffee. I'm sure one of these day a price increase is going to get us though. Prob the APs next year.

You really ship water? Whats wrong with the bottled water at publix?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I looked at it this way...

So the average “raise” is probably 2-3 dollars an hour...double that with taxes, benefits and overhead gives you 6.

The cost of smart water from coke is the same...and pitifully low.

So they sell it for a dollar more...so the first 6 are gone...covers expense.

Does the average cart sell 6 an hour? Over/under?

Ever wonder why some carts aren’t open? Could it be because they know each day/minute what is selling and what isnt...so they shut down what won’t meet the quota?

So do you accept the excuse? Tough call.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Imagine how I felt buying bottles like crazy in 2010...we didn't know at the time but my daughter was soon to be diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and she drank water like I drink booze at Trader Sam's. Extreme thirst is a classic symptom of diabetes...thankfully, she is doing great 8 years later.

Ahhh...onset symptoms. One of the weirdest things ever...

Standing in front of the fridge chugging anything wet...losing weight as you run to the bathroom.

(31 years 🤨). Good to hear all is well.

Ok...tangent over.

iMax

From a DP Snack view, it just moved Smart Water out of the $5 snack cap.
If you are on the dining plan, you can use your snack option for anything that is under $5. So you can't go get a pizza with a snack, but you can get anything that is under $5. Like a bag of Chip & Dale Trail Mix, or a bag of popcorn, or a soda, but not a Chicken Parm.

As a QSR Food & Beverage cast member, I can tell you that the $5 cap is false, pretzels at my location are $6 and change and people can use their snack credits on that with ease, I'm more than sure it's the same case for smartwater.

Simple, I don't buy 4.00 water. I would get a refill mug however.

Unfortunately, refill mugs are not refillable in the parks, only resorts.

Just a reminder... you're allowed to bring in your own food and drinks.

This is probably everyone's best bet, BYOW (bring your own water)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Movie theaters are not a good comparison at all, theaters almost make no money on movie tickets, all on concession. It's like if they let you into MK for free and then charged $50 per soda. Also, just because everywhere else is doing it doesn't make it right either.

No one-off ticketed events are a good comparison because it’s about the total, aggregate price. Unless youre local...you pay for tickets, all food, entry charges, merchandise, travel to and from and daily transport...for an average onsite of 7 days for likely 12-16 hours per day.

They do not equate. Fallacy of scale/comparison

Last edited:

flyerjab

No one off ticketed events are a good comparison because it’s about the total, aggregate price. Unless youre local...you pay for tickets, all food, entry charges, merchandise, travel to and from and daily transport...for an average onsite of 7 days for likely 12-16 hours per day.

They do not equate. Fallacy of scale/comparison

Season ticket holders for sports teams are a better comparison. I remember when we went to our last Eagles game. I got food for myself and my son and I recall at that time thinking “this is more expensive than Disney’s food.” And that is saying something.

Lensman

I had another idea for making the tap water taste better (beyond my first idea of flavor infusions): Buy one of those sports water bottles with a built-in carbon filter! They're about $12.50 and the filter lasts for 300 uses and replacement filters are $3.50.

eliza61nyc

g
And once again Disney fandom proves to be a special kind of stupid.

Customers who'll defend to the death paying more for less because they are that emotionally beholden to a brand. TWDC shareholders don't love you back, you know.

Why didn't you tip TWDC an extra dollar for every snack and soda you bought yesterday if you thought prices were too low?
And once again Disney fandom proves to be a special kind of stupid.

Customers who'll defend to the death paying more for less because they are that emotionally beholden to a brand. TWDC shareholders don't love you back, you know.

Why didn't you tip TWDC an extra dollar for every snack and soda you bought yesterday if you thought prices were too low?

Actually I find Disney fandom very brilliant.

First they can read, no one said the prices were "too low" at all, nor do I see anyone "defending"n anything. that's usually in the imagination of the "perpetual upset and kvetching about something"
Next, most disney "fandom" as you call them have recognized one big important point. THEY SIMPLY DON'T HAVE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING THEY FEEL IS TO EXPENSIVE.

They have already given you a number of alternatives . See the disney fandom usually does not feel "entitled". Disney nor any other company "owes" the consumer prices they think are moral or fair. Now I am not "defending" these prices but I will defend their right to charge whatever the little ole hearts desire. Just like I have the right not to purchase it.

lol, I live in a city with a soda tax. I haven't purchased a soda here since day one of the tax.

I disagree, I find complainers more emotionally beholden. They will complain and whine, yet still play the game so who's actually the stupid one?

It's not rocket science. You are allowed to bring in drinks to the parks. If you think the mouse is trying to get over on you. Don't buy the merchandise.
A person can't ride your back if you ain't bent over.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom