Fountain & Bottled Drink, Popcorn, Pretzel, and Other Snack Item Prices Exponentially

FullSailDan

The large drinks increase is kind of insane. Syrup costs them pennies on the dollar, especially in the quantities they buy it in. You can't sit there and tell me they weren't already making a killing on both sizes. If McDonald's can sell large drinks for a dollar and still make money, you can bet WDW is raking it in at $3.49.

That assumes they are even paying for the syrup....its pretty common for coke and pepsi to pay venues to stock their products and or give them the syrup for close to zero. They recoup the costs on the cups and bottled products I think. Not sure what the story is on their cups, I know coke has their logo on it, but unsure if they supply it. I do remember when I worked at YB they pulled all the white cups next to coffee and water stations and replaced them with leftover holiday variants of the soda ones. The only non-branded cup available was from the (Sc)ar(e)amark's that run the cafeterias.

HoneyBee1991

This makes me really glad we got the free dining discount on our next trip. I know some people math it out so the room discount is a better deal for them but it would never make sense for us.

We love Disney snacks, food, drinks etc. But without the free dining we just end up leaving the parks for food. Because it doesn't make since to spend $50 at a quick service restaurant in animal kingdom when a 15 minute drive will take us to Outback for the same price.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
$5.00 for a bottled water & 7.00 for a large soda at MetLife stadium in NJ...In the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad... I being 2 2 liter bottles with me from 7-11 into the park. The only thing I get is ice. The bottom line is, we as guests are captives (for lack of a better word)...Remember, tap water IS free at WDW...

And right to @xdan0920 ‘s point...

You go to see the awful giants/Jets for 4 hours...just like broadway...not 7 days on average.

That is a false analogy.

JohnD

$5.00 for a bottled water & 7.00 for a large soda at MetLife stadium in NJ...In the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad... I being 2 2 liter bottles with me from 7-11 into the park. The only thing I get is ice. The bottom line is, we as guests are captives (for lack of a better word)...Remember, tap water IS free at WDW...

WDW will be charging $3.50 for bottled water. By comparison, you can purchase a 24 pack of 16oz Zephyrhills bottles at a Florida Publix for $4.99. True, you can ask for tap but I still bring a cooler full of water bottles and take in two bottles into a a park each day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
WDW will be charging $3.50 for bottled water. By comparison, you can purchase a 24 pack of 16oz Zephyrhills bottles at a Florida Publix for $4.99. True, you can ask for tap but I still bring a cooler full of water bottles and take in two bottles into a a park each day.

I get your point...but good god, who can drink that sulfur water 🤢

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom