Fountain & Bottled Drink, Popcorn, Pretzel, and Other Snack Item Prices Exponentially

wdwfan4ver

I am not surprised. I guess Disney is enouraging people to get the dining plan or the free dining plan.

The snack and drink prices are out of control if you are not on the dining planning.

There is an amusement park in the state I live in that sells large Soda for $1.50. Cotton Candy for $2.00, Popcorn $1.25, and Family Sized Popcorn for $3.75. Those price are much cheaper than Disney is offering for their theme parks. Here is proof of prices of Soda, Cotton Candy, and Popcorn at the amusement I am referring to: https://greenbaywi.gov/720/Concessions

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I wouldn't count on that. They almost have to get an AP price increase in at least 12 months prior to SW:GE opening.

Gosh, and people thought I was going off the deep end when Mickey ice cream bars went from $3.75 to $5... I guess I should be bowing to Disney for not increasing prices a commensurate amount this time?

And all the "well, the prices at NFL games are..." and "Movie theater prices are..." are NOT VALID COMPARISONS. End of discussion.

Blended per customer income vs expenditures (Capex and opex) that's the measuring stick. It's still a business and ROI is a valid expectation for a public company.

eddie104

And once again Disney fandom proves to be a special kind of stupid.

Customers who'll defend to the death paying more for less because they are that emotionally beholden to a brand. TWDC shareholders don't love you back, you know.

Why didn't you tip TWDC an extra dollar for every snack and soda you bought yesterday if you thought prices were too low?
Why is that people have to be so rude when we don't exactly attack Disney every time they do something you don't agree with.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
And once again Disney fandom proves to be a special kind of ?

I'm glad you've found this as a form of therapy. It's a market economy and you are free to substitute any other form of recreation in lieu of Disney (world,land,adventure, etc). Economically, Disney doesn't fit into some families budget. In others it's not even a blip.

Lou Filerman

Good. Maybe this will now drive people alway so it’s more fun for me when I go. Bring your water in and book when you get free dining and snacks...it’s that simple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom