For the first time, I've finally seen the fabled mythical Brazillian Tour Groups

Ruarc Fonseca

Well, I´m brazilian and would like to discuss about the BTG's. I have many things to say about the behavior of brazilians.

First, I apologize about my English. Don´t get mad if I make mistakes here, hehe.

My first visit to Dysney World was in September, 2013. I just loved all, your country, the roads, the airport, the stores, the restaurants, the theme parks... all things were just perfect!

If you have any questions about brazilians, I can help. But I can say, in overall, you americans are more polite than the brazilians. I saw things there and I was ashamed. Just an example: I saw the La Nouba at Downtown Disney. I sat in front of the aisle and every one that passed there after the show started was brazilian. The show started at 9 pm and around 9:30 there were people entering (brazilian). I just don´t understand this: this is not a cheap trip for us, and brazilians buy a ticket show for La Nouba at Downtown Disney in Orlando and arrive late for the show. The fat girl beside me (brazilian) took a lot of time in the cell phone during the show.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Well, I´m brazilian and would like to discuss about the BTG's. I have many thigs to say about the behavior of brazilians.

First, I apologize about my English. Don´t get mad if I make mistakes here, hehe.

My first visit to Dysney World was in September, 2013. I just loved all, your country, the roads, the airport, the stores, the restaurants, the theme parks... all things were just perfect!

If you have any questions about brazilians, I can help. But I can say, in overall, you americans are more polite than the brazilians. I saw things there and I was ashamed. Just an example: I saw the La Nouba at Downtown Disney. I sat in front of the aisle and every one that passed there after the show started was brazilian. The show started at 9 pm and around 9:30 there were people entering (brazilian). I just don´t understand this: this is not a cheap trip for us, and brazilian buy a ticket show for La Nouba at Downtown Disney in Orlando and arrive late for the show. The fat girl beside me (brazilian) took a lot of time in the cell phone during the show.

Every nation has people who behave rudely, especially when traveling. I've been ashamed of how I've seen some other Americans act overseas. Perhaps it's just that many people feel more respectful of their own "home turf," or that they are so unnerved by being in a foreign country that they "act out" because of nervousness or a desire to bond quickly with fellow countrymen in their herd, or because they feel that they have nothing to lose.

I don't know what the answer is, but I hope you won't take what anyone says about "this one time, I saw a tour group..." personally. A roaming group of teenagers is rarely prone to good behavior, regardless of their nationality. I think what frustrates people is not so much the tour groups (and cheer groups, and sports groups, etc.) themselves, but the fact that WDW permits them to rampage around unchecked, even when they are violating park rules or interfering with other guests. If WDW was willing to kick out all teenagers who were behaving badly (regardless of from whence they hailed), then everybody would be happy.

Ruarc Fonseca

Every nation has people who behave rudely, especially when traveling. I've been ashamed of how I've seen some other Americans act overseas. Perhaps it's just that many people feel more respectful of their own "home turf," or that they are so unnerved by being in a foreign country that they "act out" because of nervousness or a desire to bond quickly with fellow countrymen in their herd, or because they feel that they have nothing to lose.

I don't know what the answer is, but I hope you won't take what anyone says about "this one time, I saw a tour group..." personally. A roaming group of teenagers is rarely prone to good behavior, regardless of their nationality. I think what frustrates people is not so much the tour groups (and cheer groups, and sports groups, etc.) themselves, but the fact that WDW permits them to rampage around unchecked, even when they are violating park rules or interfering with other guests. If WDW was willing to kick out all teenagers who were behaving badly (regardless of from whence they hailed), then everybody would be happy.

I agree with you. But here in Brazil I see that the people don´t have much respect (of course, not all the people). Here is unusual someone says "Sorry" when pushes another.

I was in a Best Buy near The Mall at Millenia and a little girl pushed my fiancée. She, or the parents, didn´t say nothing. They were brazilians.
Just to see the diference: when I was at Grand Beach Hotel in Miami Beach, I was coming from the beach to the hotel and a little girl (around 4 years, I suppose) was behind me, alone. I held the little door that separated the hotel and the beach for her and she said "Thank you" to me.

It´s the culture. Unfortunatelly...

ninjaprincesst

We always seem to have a ton of them around in Nov. The chanting gets on your nerves really fast. The main problem I have though is the rudeness and how they try to act like they don't understand English. We were standing in line for Peter Pan, there were two Brazilian men ahead of us then about halfway through the line no less than 100 more barged through to join them with a cm hot on their heels yelling at them to come back to the end of the line. They ignored and acted like they didn't understand, you should have seen the shocked looks on their faces when I translated for the CM, they reluctantly got out of the line. I think the shock of hearing it in there native language was the only reason.

BigTxEars

We always seem to have a ton of them around in Nov. The chanting gets on your nerves really fast. The main problem I have though is the rudeness and how they try to act like they don't understand English. We were standing in line for Peter Pan, there were two Brazilian men ahead of us then about halfway through the line no less than 100 more barged through to join them with a cm hot on their heels yelling at them to come back to the end of the line. They ignored and acted like they didn't understand, you should have seen the shocked looks on their faces when I translated for the CM, they reluctantly got out of the line. I think the shock of hearing it in there native language was the only reason.

Sweet, that must have been a sight :)

Ruarc Fonseca

I'm embarrassed by it all. When I was at It´s a Small World (no flash photos allowed on this ride), a stupid brazilian in my front was taking thousands of pictures with flash. An american girl behind me screamed all the time with him: No photos, no flash, stop taking photos!!

You really don´t know how hard it´s for me to live here. Especially now that I met your country and saw so many things working better there than here. We are still far from the education and organization of you.

Matt_Black

You really don´t know how hard it´s for me to live here. Especially now that I met your country and saw so many things working better there than here. We are still far from the education and organization of you.

It's not so much education and organization as it is culture, which can be a hard thing to adapt to when you've grown up in a different one. If you were to stick me in China or Zimbabwe or any other country, and I'd probably have a hard time of it too.

Ruarc Fonseca

It's not so much education and organization as it is culture, which can be a hard thing to adapt to when you've grown up in a different one. If you were to stick me in China or Zimbabwe or any other country, and I'd probably have a hard time of it too.

I agree. And culture doesn´t change quickly, it´s a long process.

Matt_Black

Anyway, while I like America, I wouldn't say we're any better or worse than any other country overall, generally, just different. We've got our pros, but we very much have more than our fair share of cons.

mergatroid

I was wondering if anyone has noticed how some from tour groups from South America seem to invade your personal space? On a few occassions whilst in queues I've found that some of the people from these groups seem to lean against you. Normally in a queue if I find I am too close to the person in front of me or actually touching them, I back up a bit and apologise. On several occassions however I've felt contact from individuals and it's remained there. We both must be aware it's going on and yet they just don't seem to care. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it does take a bit of getting used to if I'm honest.

jaklgreen

Anyway, while I like America, I wouldn't say we're any better or worse than any other country overall, generally, just different. We've got our pros, but we very much have more than our fair share of cons.

You have never been to other countries if you don't think that America is better then most other countries. I am a child of immigrants form a European country and I know many many immigrants from lots of different countries. America is way better then most, that is why so many people risk their lives to get here. I am not saying America is a utopia and is perfect but it is far and away better then most countries in this world. America has opportunity and freedom. How would you like to be a woman in Saudi Arabia? You don't have any rights, you are PROPERTY! America is GREAT!

WDWLover#1

You have never been to other countries if you don't think that America is better then most other countries. I am a child of immigrants form a European country and I know many many immigrants from lots of different countries. America is way better then most, that is why so many people risk their lives to get here. I am not saying America is a utopia and is perfect but it is far and away better then most countries in this world. America has opportunity and freedom. How would you like to be a woman in Saudi Arabia? You don't have any rights, you are PROPERTY! America is GREAT!
UK is GREAT as well as FRANCE and ITALY. In my opinion they have a lot more culture than America which sometimes seems just a commercial about themselves. America is the same as any other country-just got more money due to them not participating that much at all during the 2 wars.

Cubfan300

UK is GREAT as well as FRANCE and ITALY. In my opinion they have a lot more culture than America which sometimes seems just a commercial about themselves. America is the same as any other country-just got more money due to them not participating that much at all during the 2 wars.
Yeah..hate to be trolling, but if you are speaking of WWI and WWII, you need to re-read your history. Forgiveness of the Marshall Plan didn't hurt too much either.

I love my country, but there are some backward folks here too that set us back culturally as well. But, I have found that thank you, please and excuse me are universal and as long as they preceed or follow any perceived faux pas, usually all is forgiven. Would like to hear those words, in English (I always try to learn them in the native language I am visiting) whenever someone violates the current American culture.

jaklgreen

I am talking about more basic things then "culture". I am talking about quality of life. Being able to get a job and support your family. Read up on what is going on in Europe and the job market, there are not enough jobs for everyone. Teenagers do not work in those countries because there are no jobs for not only teenagers but people with college degrees. They live with their parents forever. It is no where near as bad as that in the USA. There are plenty of jobs here, Americans just don't want to do them so the immigrants do them. I don't mean to be nasty sounding but you sound as if you have no real problems like actually living thru a war and having your kids go hungry if you judge a country by its "culture" and not by quality of life. The war comment is just uneducated.

Cubfan300

I am talking about more basic things then "culture". I am talking about quality of life. Being able to get a job and support your family. Read up on what is going on in Europe and the job market, there are not enough jobs for everyone. Teenagers do not work in those countries because there are no jobs for not only teenagers but people with college degrees. They live with their parents forever. It is no where near as bad as that in the USA. There are plenty of jobs here, Americans just don't want to do them so the immigrants do them. I don't mean to be nasty sounding but you sound as if you have no real problems like actually living thru a war and having your kids go hungry if you judge a country by its "culture" and not by quality of life. The war comment is just uneducated.
What??? I mean....WHAT????? Never mind!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom