For the first time, I've finally seen the fabled mythical Brazillian Tour Groups

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
;)Well I suppose personally I agree that if the groups were smaller it would be more tolerable....we see them EVERY trip and it bothers me most at the MK when first thing of the day we rush off to our favorite ride and sometimes a group of 50 snakes in line ahead of us just because "were together"....our trips are usually Jan and Feb.....was just thinking yesterday that now might currently not be an issue with BTG due to world cup mania back home. But I have experienced other tour groups at national parks across the country while being polite seem to largely ignore anyone not in their group....and at cafeteria line restaurants it can be bothersome to have a busload pull in right when you are approaching establishment. Instant wait time surge....less is more in groupage imho.

iluvMainStMagic

The size is the main problem in my opinion. If they were forced to separate into smaller groups of 10 individuals each, it'd be very easier to maneuver around or even getting in line behind them.

I would have agreed with you totally about smaller groups and chanting.....until this last trip (a couple of days ago). We didn't experience the large group chanting (though I have on another trip), this was just a family or two with an elementary-age girl leading the chant (over and over and over....) and they were all very into it.....and we were in the HM line where we had no way to get away from it. Could have done without that!

Actually, I still agree with you :) especially about maneuvering around them - just saying that small groups can still be annoying :(

Goofyernmost

I would have agreed with you totally about smaller groups and chanting.....until this last trip (a couple of days ago). We didn't experience the large group chanting (though I have on another trip), this was just a family or two with an elementary-age girl leading the chant (over and over and over....) and they were all very into it.....and we were in the HM line where we had no way to get away from it. Could have done without that!

Actually, I still agree with you :) especially about maneuvering around them - just saying that small groups can still be annoying :(
Things like that never really bother me. I'll adjust that and say that they start too and then I remember where I am. I remember that people come there to have fun and make their own special memories. I remember that there are different cultures and all of them are different as to how they enjoy stuff. I remember that WDW is not a church and silence is not required especially while standing in a line or walking along a sidewalk. After remembering all that stuff, I cannot, for the life of me, remember why it upset me. They aren't hurting me and if nothing else they are telling me to loosen the sphincter a little and have fun.

G00fyDad

Things like that never really bother me. I'll adjust that and say that they start too and then I remember where I am. I remember that people come there to have fun and make their own special memories. I remember that there are different cultures and all of them are different as to how they enjoy stuff. I remember that WDW is not a church and silence is not required especially while standing in a line or walking along a sidewalk. After remembering all that stuff, I cannot, for the life of me, remember why it upset me. They aren't hurting me and if nothing else they are telling me to loosen the sphincter a little and have fun.

No one asked for silence. If their over-the-top, loud, incessant chanting does not bother you then great. But you're in the minority. There's people laughing, having fun, with talking plus music in the background with various other normal noises...... and there's this garbage......

iluvMainStMagic

Excellent points! and looking back on it now, it didn't really last that long. I would rather be back in that line right now (with the chanting) than not at WDW :)

COrunner

No one asked for silence. If their over-the-top, loud, incessant chanting does not bother you then great. But you're in the minority. There's people laughing, having fun, with talking plus music in the background with various other normal noises...... and there's this garbage......

This is what I think about when I remember my BTG experience. I do not know how people do not run out of rooms yelling at them when this happens at the hotels.

It isn't the group, the nationality, but the idea that they can be as loud/obnoxious as they want to be because they are there as a large group.

Car01:)

Well, you'd think if there'd be anyplace where a large group of people spontaneously breaking out into a musical number would be appreciated, it'd be WDW.
We just got home a wk ago from WDW and had been in the parks all wk w/ the groups. Most of the groups were all girls. They chanted and I thought it was great. No harm, if I was w/ a bunch of my friends in another country at the happiest place on earth I would b singing or chanting too! Yes, they took up space for parades and lines but they have every right. Didn't bother my family at all.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ooooh yes I remember now, during dance competition week....groups of girls giggling and chanting and herding....;). But smaller and a bit quieter than most tour groups that I have encountered who DO chant.....not all do, just irks me when they displace me in line by 30.... :rolleyes:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I got back on Tuesday and there were 3 or 4 groups of 50-60 teenagers each. The chanting and clapping down Main Street during 4th of July celebrations is what irked me. A group of maybe 10-15 I could see. But this was a group of 40 - 50 15 year old girls who completely overtook Main Street for 10-15 minutes. And all of the groups showed up at DHS the same day, making it a nightmare for rides, even with FP+ because several groups had them.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I saw the Brazil tour groups once at EPCOT, chanting, uniforms and all. Nothing bad about them. I was never caught in line with a huge group or anything... I actually only saw them twice. At the end of the day with chanting, and in the afternoon all sleeping in that long hallway in future world

FigmentJedi

Any idea if the World Cup loss smacked some humility into them?

Also, does Universal down the road has similar issues? Because Brazil just ended up losing the Quidditch World Cup this year too.

Cesar R M

Any idea if the World Cup loss smacked some humility into them?

Also, does Universal down the road has similar issues? Because Brazil just ended up losing the Quidditch World Cup this year too.
I wonder.. the Quicdditch thing is being posted live on pottermore?? or is it a separate book?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom