Food & Wine Festival - Drunkytown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensenrick

If it's as bad as people say, it's going to bite Disney in the a**. Yes, individuals are responsible for how much they drink, but in law Disney could be liable for serving someone who is intoxicated and then hurts himself or others. I can't believe Disney's legal team hasn't warned them about this.

IF being the operative word. I go every year to this event, and while there are intoxicated people (heck I'm often one of them) it's hardly a "nightmare" that some are describing. Heck, if it wasn't for F&WF and the Flower & Garden fest, I don't know if we'd go to Epcot- I'd say those are the only times we do.

SirLink

Smoking doesn't exactly ruin a family-friendly environment like alcohol does.

Oh I would say it does so way more - especially when people start lighting up outside of their pens, or even when they fill the pen and the smoke cloud drifts across.

Oh hi little jimmy you now have a cloud on your lung. Ban smoking first then let us talk about drinking, I've have a double ouzo.

Last edited:

Duckberg

Been to F & W numerous times. Yes, the food & liquor prices are NOT :( good value for what you are getting. However we keep going back. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ABQ

ABQ

... Yes, the food & liquor prices are NOT :( good value for what you are getting....
This is the part that confuses me about the drunks at the park. How can they afford it? The prices are on par with what movie theaters would charge (if they sold booze)

Soarin' Over Pgh

This is the part that confuses me about the drunks at the park. How can they afford it? The prices are on par with what movie theaters would charge (if they sold booze)

....But really, if you think about it. Who can afford $90 for a park ticket? Or $$$ for souveniors? Or $$ for on-ride photos?

I allotted myself xx amount of dollars per day on my trip. (I think, grand total, I spent $40 at Epcot between both days I toured that park. I enjoyed coming home with a good deal of money 'left over') I'm sure others do that too. Or, credit cards. Because, vacation.

People tend to leave their brains at home when it comes to cost of things when on vacation.

ABQ

....But really, if you think about it. Who can afford $90 for a park ticket? Or $$$ for souveniors? Or $$ for on-ride photos?

I allotted myself xx amount of dollars per day on my trip. (I think, grand total, I spent $40 at Epcot between both days I toured that park. I enjoyed coming home with a good deal of money 'left over') I'm sure others do that too. Or, credit cards. Because, vacation.

People tend to leave their brains at home when it comes to cost of things when on vacation.
You're correct, I'm sure, people have a budget and spend to it. I know I use my rewards dollars from my Visa card on my booze, and it can be a substantial budget if I've spent enough throughout the year, but typically it's used for a bottle of wine with each non MK meal, but I just never seem to be able to get truly drunk at the parks (not that I'm trying anyway). Just get too tired with all the walking, I guess.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
F&W is great fun Monday through Friday afternoon. After that, avoid WS with extreme prejudice. Simple as that.

Also, it has been said a few times already, but I'll say it again. Disney brought this on itself. They closed the only outlet for adults to let loose, down. Adults visit WDW, they visit without kids, and they visit to have a good time. Disney eliminated the ONLY place on property for adults to cut loose. What did they expect? Epcot has become a de-facto Pleasure Island.

Dog Ate Mouse

I have only been to one F&W festival and loved it. Here was our problem, by the time we walked around the festival and had a sip of wine here and there along with some food, we realized it caught up with us and got tired. We had to go back to our resort where we proceded to nap until it was dinner time. Also durring the festival we stopped in at the Norway Bakery and had a Norwegain Coffee. We did not know that these coffee drinks had alcohol in them. It tasted good but also added to us needing to go and nap awhile. We always said that we will go again but will not sip wine like we did that day at alot of the country's. We are not big drinkers (Every Now and then) but you see differrent wines that we never tried and you forget about watching your limit becasue your all caught up in the taste and vast amounts to try.

PhilharMagician

While I am reading lot of hate for the F & W festival, I will say I do enjoy it. The weekends are really out of control with the locals coming out. You cannot even walk in WS it is literally elbow to elbow around the whole thing. On the weekdays it seems to be a little more civil and doable. This is the time I like to spend walking around trying a few different food samples and enjoying a some adult beverages.

Now when it comes to guests just getting sloppy and obnoxious it does not only happen for F & W, we had a difficult run in with a group of about 20 college students a couple days before the US Labor Day holiday. We were heading back to SSR and they boarded our bus @ Epcot looking to get to PI (when PI was open of course) and they could barely walk. Well it was an interesting trip and I will leave it there. It certain was not the highpoint of our trip.

Epcot breeds drunks. Drinking around the world has become a common thing to do when visiting Epcot. If the F & W discontinued the drinking would still happen.

alissafalco

They probably tailgate before they enter the park with their cheap booze, so by the time they are in they are already wasted. This way they only spend a little more after that.

DisneyDebNJ

We have been to just about every F&W festival since its conception. I can honestly say, we have never seen behavior like many are describing. We did see people who indulged too much (dancing, singing) and funny as all get out, but never saw anyone getting sick in the bushes or garbage cans (we DID see that at MK though)

Ariel Savage

People are nuts: I was there last March buying a coffee at the American pavillion when the woman in front of me asked for a fancy frozen drink. She then asked if she could just buy the shots that the CM was going to put in the frozen drink. The CM said no, she wasn't allowed to do that. Can you believe this?, she said to me and the man behind me. The man said, This is bulls*it! I couldn't believe people were getting so upset at this. Don't get me wrong, I love getting a drink or two (especially in France!), but holy poop! You think these people were at Spring Break in Cancun or something and not about to wait in line to watch animatronic Americans. C'mon people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom