Food & Wine Festival - Drunkytown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nor'easter

Honestly, the true Disney family value died out long ago, look back to the 90's, Mirimax Films for example. What you have today is a company that tries to be all things to all people, and eventually that backfires on you. Disney is a corporation, indebted to it's shareholders, and at the end of the day, your correct, it's about money.

I don't think we are going to agree on this topic, but I still firmly believe that the responsibility lies with the individual when it comes to alcohol, and at $5 to $7 for a 3oz sip of wine, they arent exactly pouring it down your throat or making it fiscally easy to do.

I respect those who chose to be sober, but it's the ones who chose to be sober then go to the extreme of labeling everyone who drinks as an alcoholic that I find the most ... troubling. :D
If it's as bad as people say, it's going to bite Disney in the a**. Yes, individuals are responsible for how much they drink, but in law Disney could be liable for serving someone who is intoxicated and then hurts himself or others. I can't believe Disney's legal team hasn't warned them about this.

jkl2000

So on weekends during f&w, is Illuminations basically a drunken orgy?

Does f&w on weekend evenings affect Future World?

Wikkler

Original Poster
I'm not saying he didn't drink, I'm saying he kept booze away from the general public in Disneyland so families can have a fun and safe time.

Glasgow

All I can keeping thinking is sad, sad, sad. On the one hand, why is it Disney's responsibility to police the public and their drinking habits? On the other hand, clearly alcohol consumption has become an issue that needs addressing. Common bars are responsible for limiting people's intake, I imagine this is a good place for Disney to start being more diligent with. Either that or start limiting alcohol purchases to be done only through your nextgen wristband ..

awoogala

I certainly would never take a 3 and a 5 yo to WS after MK expecting it to be relaxing....for the Adults MAYBE, but the kids are going to be bored to tears even without the F&B going on. No wonder the kids left in tears.

My kids love EPCOT and WS. Maelstrom is one my sons fave rides in all the world, and they adore being inside the Mexico pavilion. We hit the "end" of the f&w last year (on accident!). After someone tripped over my child, then gave us a nasty look as if we should not be there (children! at night! in Disney!), I will avoid it from now on. It was like a horrible frat house.
Normally we go in the off season, and we stay in the EPCOT area, and hit ws every night (only thing open after 8/9pm!). My kids always enjoy the walk around ws, and then we stroll through the exit to our hotel. It's very calm, and a nice way to end a busy day, strolling calmly through ws, then walking back to our hotel. Yes, we have a couple of drinks and snacks there- we like to "snack" around the world for dinner, have a few cocktails, hit maelstrom and mexico, etc. I should not have to worry about crazy drunks. I'll make sure we are never there during f&w from now on, though.

ParentsOf4

You do realize Walt drank and smoked like a chimney? Take off the rose colored glasses.
Put those rose colored glasses back on.

Walt Disney only smoke and drank in private. Walt was very careful to almost never drink or smoke in public. Walt understood the difference between private life and public image. The World Showcase is a very public forum.

Disneyland's Club 33 was intended only for the privacy of corporate sponsors at a time when it was common for executives to drink during normal business hours.

Walt understood what the company that bore his name represented.

It's shameful what corporate leadership has allowed Epcot to become during F&WF.

awoogala

You do realize Walt drank and smoked like a chimney? Take off the rose colored glasses.
1. smoking was not looked on as "dangerous" in that time period. In fact, many ads had drs. touting the products.
2. there is a huge difference between "having drinks" and being stupid drunk. Lots of people "drink" in EPCOT- only during f&w have I seen stumbling drunks like last call at the local college bar.

BaconPancakes

2. there is a huge difference between "having drinks" and being stupid drunk. Lots of people "drink" in EPCOT- only during f&w have I seen stumbling drunks like last call at the local college bar.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you here. I just wanted to put it out there that Walt wasn't this squeaky clean saint that a lot of people out there paint him out to be. The one thing that grinds my gears is when people say things like "Walt would have never wanted..." or even worse "Walt is rolling in his grave...".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom