Food & Wine Festival - Drunkytown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolynesianPrincess

When we went to Epcot a few weeks ago, we went on the Thursday right before the festival ended. Did not spot a single, solitary overly drunk obnoxious person. Everyone seemed to be well behaved. Personally, I feel Epcot is a little bit expensive to go and get hammered at. You could easily drop $100 there in a matter of a 2 hours on alcohol. Plus admission (if you don't have an AP) and that makes a pretty expensive night out!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I guess I am also one of the lucky ones. Did not go this year but have been to Epcot several years for the Food and Wine Festival. I have never had a problem with drunk or obnoxious behaver. Even had my two grand kids with me two years ago. I agree that if someone wants to drink to much, at the cost of Food and Wine Festival would make it very costly. Just booked rooms at the Disney' Boardwalk Villas for next October.

ABQ

Personally, I feel Epcot is a little bit expensive to go and get hammered at. You could easily drop $100 there in a matter of a 2 hours on alcohol. Plus admission (if you don't have an AP) and that makes a pretty expensive night out!
That's always been my thought on this, how can one afford to get hammered there? It's not like you can buy economical pitchers of beer or roll out of Germany with a keg in tow.

Figments Friend

It might have something to do with 'bragging rights'...

"Oh, i am wealthy enough to get totally sloshed at EPCOT...because i am wealthy...and ...yeah...you know, i have money!"

Silly rabbit, EPCOT is for kids..!

:p

acishere

That's always been my thought on this, how can one afford to get hammered there? It's not like you can buy economical pitchers of beer or roll out of Germany with a keg in tow.
I factored $100 into my trip budget solely for trying things at the WS one trip (in summer, not during F&W). We also shared some things to save money and our minds. Still went over that budget. :oops:

Drinks at F&W are cheaper than the drinks in my town, so cost is not an issue for me.

But because I am slightly OCD, I usually look at all the F&W menus before I go. This gives me a rough estimate of what I will spend. In general, I can't get out of WDW without spending $1000 for a 3 day weekend (including room) no matter what time of year it is.

Cesar R M

Drinks at F&W are cheaper than the drinks in my town, so cost is not an issue for me.

But because I am slightly OCD, I usually look at all the F&W menus before I go. This gives me a rough estimate of what I will spend. In general, I can't get out of WDW without spending $1000 for a 3 day weekend (including room) no matter what time of year it is.

yikes.. so you leave a trail of money as you go strutting around disney?

acishere

I go between the Jersey Shore and NYC when I'm at home so the prices don't seem very outlandish at Epcot. I paid a little bit more for a beer at the Prudential Center than I did at Epcot and the prices were not deterring that many people there. WDW's drink prices are rather reasonable compared to the other "hostage" situations I've been in like sporting events and airports.

Alcohol is bad, m'kay.
But it makes me look more attractive and interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom