Food & Wine Festival - Drunkytown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epcotisbest

That is a very good point (bolded).

This is the first F&W Fest we've missed in something like 12 years. They priced us out; like you, we have been going for such a long time and recall that it used to be a reasonable value.

I do enjoy a glass or two of wine, and thanks to all that I learned at prior F&Ws, I realize that the wines they are "sampling" at the booths are all under-$20 bottles. I'm not paying $3.25 for a one-or-two ounce pour of a wine that I can get 24oz of for $15, so last year I only sampled the food. Anyone who's getting drunk at Epcot probably isn't doing it at the festival booths at those prices! ;)
The first time we went we probably spent less than $25 each at the food kiosks. The last time it was way more than $150. Now in between those two trips the prices just kept going up. It used to be wow, glad I got to try that for two dollars. Later it was, wow can't believe I just spent six bucks for that tiny sample.

Last edited:

lostpro9het

The problem is the large groups that have specially made shirts broadcasting the fact that they are going to be drinking as much as possible. We actually left F&W festival for the MK because we didn't feel it was the right atmosphere for our children to read shirts that said "Food and Wine Drunks on Tour".
I dont know....everyone that talked to us absolutely loved our shirts and wanted one:
943134_839116886382_952789194_n.jpg

G8rchamps

Went Sat- Hit F&W by 11:15 and was on my FP for Soarin at 4:30 with my kids(paper FP I got at 9:15 am btw). At the end of our lap around 4 we saw our first overheated/served guest get put in a wheelchair. We had a great time, but did choose not to stick it our late. There will always be a few who drink too much - including those who are on vacation, not keeping track, and not used to the heat. Not everyone is on a mission to get hammered. I just think you can't fix stupid.

BuddyThomas

I have been four times this year so far (working on getting all my passport stamps - I've got nine kiosks to go). I haven't seen the unruly behavior that has been described in this string. Sure, it's been busier than usual and quite a few larger servings of beer, but all in all it isn't any rowdier than a tour group clapping and singing in line.

As for the reference to drinking around the world - anyone who truly tries it will never make it. The reference is similar to the Festival tag line "Taste Your Way Around the World" (again, not really going to happen).

If you get a chance - go! There's a lot of good food and some nice pairings of wine. The Festival is not much different than many cities hosting a "taste of" festival. If you encounter someone who is out of control, inform a cast member and change your location - there are plenty of people just like you - there to enjoy the festival as it was intended.
Ummmm, I truly "tried" drinking around the world, and I made it just fine, and I have a picture in each country to prove it. I'm tempted to post the whole album here. People react to alcohol in different ways. Some have more tolerance than others. All these freaking generizations are driving me crazy.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Ummmm, I truly "tried" drinking around the world, and I made it just fine, and I have a picture in each country to prove it. I'm tempted to post the whole album here. People react to alcohol in different ways. Some have more tolerance than others. All these freaking generizations are driving me crazy.
I've attended the F&W Festival the last 8 years or so now, and this has been the worst it's been with unruly drunks.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to want to sample drinks. But when groups come in with the sole purpose of drinking early and often, it begins to create a bad environment. The generalizations are being made because they are happening. It's true that everyone reacts to liquor differently, but if ANYONE has too much to drink, it's not in the spirit of the festival.

BuddyThomas

I've attended the F&W Festival the last 8 years or so now, and this has been the worst it's been with unruly drunks.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to want to sample drinks. But when groups come in with the sole purpose of drinking early and often, it begins to create a bad environment. The generalizations are being made because they are happening. It's true that everyone reacts to liquor differently, but if ANYONE has too much to drink, it's not in the spirit of the festival.
If you see someone who is truly bombed and disrupting the experience of you, your family or anyone else, REPORT THEM to the nearest cast member. Whining about it on here does nothing except annoy those of us who drink responsibly and don't have a freak out after imbibing. And I
am sorry if some moron or morons ruined your experience. No excuse for that.

luv

It gets worse almost every year.

Clever Name

If you would drink more you wouldn't notice the unruly drunks as much.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
If you see someone who is truly bombed and disrupting the experience of you, your family or anyone else, REPORT THEM to the nearest cast member. Whining about it on here does nothing except annoy those of us who drink responsibly and don't have a freak out after imbibing. And I
am sorry if some moron or morons ruined your experience. No excuse for that.

I'm not whining. I'm stating my observation. This is a discussion forum, and I'm responding within the subject of the thread. Don't take offense if I don't agree with you.

I've seen alcohol destroy lives, and I rarely drink. Maybe I come from a different school of thought. I don't need to get plowed to have a good time.

I'm going to drunkytown on Saturday and Sunday. I'll probably do a mini live trip report with pictures if anyone is interested in seeing what the crowds look like. Hopefully I won't see any inappropriate behavior but I will include any juicy stories in my TR. ;)

The weather is supposed to be great!! :happy:

NiarrNDisney

I'm going to drunkytown on Saturday and Sunday. I'll probably do a mini live trip report with pictures if anyone is interested in seeing what the crowds look like. Hopefully I won't see any inappropriate behavior but I will include any juicy stories in my TR. ;)

The weather is supposed to be great!! :happy:

I'm a fan of details! But I guess you already knew that!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I'm not whining. I'm stating my observation. This is a discussion forum, and I'm responding within the subject of the thread. Don't take offense if I don't agree with you.

I've seen alcohol destroy lives, and I rarely drink. Maybe I come from a different school of thought. I don't need to get plowed to have a good time.

And there it is.....

Uncle Remus

Exactly. It's like someone who can't lift a chair and sits in it and says "nobody can lift this chair". Only for someone to come along and lift the chair with them still in it. The thought process that goes into "If I can't do something than nobody can" is baffling to me

AndyGator

After reading a ton of posts on this thread and the "Nasty Incident Outside Club Cool" thread I was beginning to get a bit worried. Maybe the crowds this year really were much worse than years past.

THEY AREN'T.

I went last Thursday and Saturday. The crowds were large on Saturday night. I didn't see anything that wasn't "Family Friendly". Just a lot of people having a good time. I was specifically looking for drunks to document. And couldn't find any.

Fear not Foodies and Wino's. The Festival is in a good place.

jaklgreen

I just got back last night. This last weekend(25,26,27) was not as bad as I have seen in past years. It did not seem as crowded and the people I saw were behaving. Maybe I am getting old but some of the clothes the women were wearing, or not wearing in this case was shocking. I don't know how they made it into the park. I saw a lot of see thru pants with thong style or no underwear. I don't know anywhere that would be appropriate except for a brothel.

alissafalco

I just got back last night. This last weekend(25,26,27) was not as bad as I have seen in past years. It did not seem as crowded and the people I saw were behaving. Maybe I am getting old but some of the clothes the women were wearing, or not wearing in this case was shocking. I don't know how they made it into the park. I saw a lot of see thru pants with thong style or no underwear. I don't know anywhere that would be appropriate except for a brothel.

I took this pic last weekend of this girls a$$ cheeks hanging out when i was walking into Epcot. I agree 100%
image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom