Follow Up-Kids Thrown Out of Disneyworld

Sherrybaby

Bottom line, contract you sign states you act up solo or as a team the whole team suffers either way, I don't think it can be any clearer, if you are afraid the rules may get broken you should think before you go, regardless the rules were set up in advance, there was plenty of time to read the rules. If someones son was in bed or not involved good for him, he must be somewhat respectful, but he must be punished as the rules wer outlined fair or not. Disney did the right thing according to there rules, as they have the right to.

Look, I was just trying to bring up yet another possible aspect of the situation. I don't deserve sarcasm and/or flaming. But again, that's why I hardly ever post on these boards...because mostly that's all there is here. People just don't have open minds on this board (most of them)--it's either black or white. Unfortunately, that's not the case in this situation.

Continue on with your closed minds as usual.

Sherry (shutting up now--and I'm sure you are all glad for it)

echoscot

The last thread on this 17 people in the poll indicated that they felt sorry for them, on this thread there is 1.:shrug:

So that is an easy poll to take:)

maryszhi

I had no idea you could seriously be banned from disney world for a life time.

~A dream is what your heart makes~
~when you wish upon a star~

echoscot

Yep, it takes something really, really extreme. These kids just got a good scare.

Now the rapist and the molestors that you read about on the other threads, that is where it has to be to get the lifetime ban just about. Or if, as an adult, you physically injure another guest or a cast member. If seen that come into play once.

I used to be "very good friends" with the characters at the studios. One of our leads, a small girl, came inside crying and with huge bruises on her face and arms. Eeyor came in with a broken head and broken arm. We found a large very obnoxiously drunk man in front of the Great MOvie Ride who was upset because Eeyore had to leave and decided the solution was to attack them both.

Security came. Not the guys in blue but the big boys ( one of them was a professional power lifter who worked under cover security) they took the guy and his family away and they were blacklisted.

So yeah, a lifetime ban is possible.

Hrudey3032

Look, I was just trying to bring up yet another possible aspect of the situation. I don't deserve sarcasm and/or flaming. But again, that's why I hardly ever post on these boards...because mostly that's all there is here. People just don't have open minds on this board (most of them)--it's either black or white. Unfortunately, that's not the case in this situation.

Ok so you don't agree that all the kids should have been booted but since they got the special rate as a team(which works great for them) should they lose the rate and stay if they so choose?The problem with this is they could have one or two of the hoodlums involved over to visit who were in the riot and turn around and cause more problems.I understand where you coming from but us "close-mided" people try to look at things as how things are written.Its like the laws of our country if you break them you suffer the consequences.If they didn't want booted they shouldn't have signed the contract or attended as a team and just checked in seperately.

minnie61650

Sherrybaby ....
I understand where you are coming from.
Our dd slept in our room (due to health issues) when we went on Marching Band trips. Our HS band marched in Disney in 1999. I think if a fight happened in the middle of the night and the band was kicked out our dd would want to leave with her peers. She was a part of the group and she would want to be with her friends. If we decided to stay on property with her when the others left then some of her peers in the band might be mad at her especially those who did not take part in the fight but had no way to prove they were not a part of it. Teens can be very hard on their peers sometimes.

Just my 2 cents.

bfbulldog

Original Poster

I'm sorry and maybe I missed it but I didn't see anyone being sarcastic or flaming towards you? Clearly you believe that there should be exceptions to the rules. Which is perfectly fine. It's also clear that a majority of the people don't agree with you. And that should be OK too. Even if you disagree.

I also find it a bit ironic that you claim people are being sarcastic and flaming towards you when you just posted perhaps the most sarcastic and vitriolic comments on the subject thus far. Just because someone disagrees with your assesment doesn't mean they are closed minded.

echoscot

...perhaps the most sarcastic and vitriolic comments ...

Time out for "Word of the Day"

Vitriolic: very caustic;scathing (ie vitriolic criticism)

Thank you for this brief word from our sponsor.

I felt we could use this opportunity to make the thread not only entertaining but educational as well.

Now back to the debate...:wave:

bfbulldog

Original Poster
Time out for "Word of the Day"

Vitriolic: very caustic;scathing (ie vitriolic criticism)

Thank you for this brief word from our sponsor.

I felt we could use this opportunity to make the thread not only entertaining but educational as well.

Now back to the debate...:wave:

:wave:Thank you very much, I'll be here all week, try the veal!

PoohsGang

Seems to me you make the rules up as you go, or go by your own rules not the rules put forward that require you to read aggree to and sign your signature too......:brick:your head must be sore......

mickeysgal

Wow, things have certainly changed since I was a Pop Warner Cheerleader...uhm...15 yrs ago...uhm. I remember that at curfew time, tape was applied to our doors... that way if you tried to get out, it would rip and in the morning the chaperones would know.

I understand that Disney is open quite late, so curfews are probably later than they used to be. My problem is with the chaperones than the players. They should be ashamed of themselves for letting that happen. As a parent, I would be extremely upset to hear that the chaperones, I trusted my child with, were so irresponsible.

kimmychad

My problem is with the chaperones than the players. They should be ashamed of themselves for letting that happen. As a parent, I would be extremely upset to hear that the chaperones, I trusted my child with, were so irresponsible.

yes the chaperones need to be the people ultimately responsible but the tournament is for 12-14 year olds, shouldnt they be trusted to not start a riot without being sat on by an adult 24 hours a day?

mickey&me

If those involved in the altercations remain on the team, the team should not be allowed to participate next year. I'd go so far as to say that the 3 teams should receive some kind of special status that would prevent them from tournament play at all, but maybe some would consider that unreasonable.

kimmychad

If those involved in the altercations remain on the team, the team should not be allowed to participate next year. I'd go so far as to say that the 3 teams should receive some kind of special status that would prevent them from tournament play at all, but maybe some would consider that unreasonable.

actually i dont think a one year ban on the teams involved would be too harsh. most of the people that were involved would probably be there next year, and the upcoming kids that joined next year would know who to thank for not being able to compete. peer pressure can be a punishment all itself. what nobody brought up is when pop warner and other groups that come to disney create disturbances they by no means affect just themselves. how many people were awaken in the middle of the night? somebody not involved in the fight could have been hurt, and since i sleep weird hours im up all hours of the night. i might have liked to play some of the games in the arcade but i cant because of some obnoxious kids? thats just not right

PoohsGang

Wow, things have certainly changed since I was a Pop Warner Cheerleader...uhm...15 yrs ago...uhm. I remember that at curfew time, tape was applied to our doors... that way if you tried to get out, it would rip and in the morning the chaperones would know.

I understand that Disney is open quite late, so curfews are probably later than they used to be. My problem is with the chaperones than the players. They should be ashamed of themselves for letting that happen. As a parent, I would be extremely upset to hear that the chaperones, I trusted my child with, were so irresponsible.

Most chaperones and coaches we saw were drunk or on there way to being drunk, I'll admit I was drunk a couple of times but my responsibility was myself and my wife I didnt have kids I was suppose to be watching. We ran into the same situation in Playa Del Carmen Mexico, we were at an Iberostar that was being overun by a senior trip, the kids were obnoxious running everywhere throwing wet nerf footballs in the pool knocking over guest drinks, we finally moved to the quiet adult pool started talking to a couple as we were complaining about the high school kids, they laughed and said they were chaperoning them, I immediatly lost it and said "So your the a#$%&*ls who are reponsible for there behavior" several other guest who were at the same pool to escape the little bas%&*s piped in we basically chased them back to where the kids were acting up. Later that night security had several of them detained in the lobby, not sure why I can only imagine.

Long story short, The Chaperones think its a vacation and do not supervise the kids properly not just at Disney but other resorts also.

Chaperoning is not suppose to be a free drinking vacation, Chaperones are suppose to CHAPERONE! (Watch the kids discipline them keep them in line)

Again the only way to guarantee this won't happen again is to STOP POP WARNER AT DISNEY, Im sure Pop Warner can find another vacation spot they can ruin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom