SBL1-wr.JPG
01.jpg
aug-aiw.jpg
MK-fl-mr-toad.jpg
toadsignuo1.jpg
01.jpg

WDW:

:dazzle:

Sometimes I wonder if it is a requirement of being a fan of Disney to criticize the heck out of all of their decisions and attractions. The rehabs are coming, and I don't think any Disney experience can really be subpar, otherwise we wouldn't all be members of this board. There is a reason you don't see Six Flags boards around too often. Enjoy the magic, and stop creating issues past those already around.

Thank you for saying it first! What is wrong with everyone? I thought this was a sight for fans. I come to this board to hear all the rumors and the updates. It makes me sad to read all these negative comments from fans. Love the magic , love the park you're closest too, love disney!!!

Stitch69

Some things are better at DL - but WDW has alot of things better too. Pirates queue, Animaition at MGM, Spaceship earth, Splash Mt at MK, Jungle Boat ride......ect

Enderikari

Disneyland -
050428_disneyland_bcol1p.standard.jpg

Look! A castle I can spit over!

WDW -
Cinderella%20Castle.jpg

Now there's a castle worth putting a suite into...

Any questions? There's more

Glasgow

Just like in life, you have to make do with what you've got. I'm not going to boycott going to the beach in Florida because it's nicer in Hawaii.

I've been to DL and while I definitely found lots of the attractions to be better than at WDW (SM, Potc, BTMRR, Indy <-- *drool*, etc) it did not make me resent WDW in any way. Lots of things are better at WDW, like many have said.

I wonder if people on DL web boards try and get others to boycott DL for the same reasons? haha .. the grass is always greener

Enderikari

OMG

-runs-

Yeah, you found the oldest picture of the DL castle :lol: Not a fair comparison. And that Mirror is ugly :lol: Why not use this picture? :)

Sure thing, doesn't change the fact that it is 77 feet tall, and less than half the height and grandeur of Cinderella Castle.... Are we having small-castle syndrome again, DL?

Enderikari

or the fact that you have children immersed in the fantasy of mickey standing atop a tar-paper shack to light some smallish sparklers at the end of Fantasmic, after they finally figured out that the only explanation for having the Pink Elephants on Parade section is that Mickey was getting blitzed on Natty Light? I'll take Mickey on a Mountain over any tar-paper shack, even if we do have the smaller riverboat, thanks.

sponono88

Sure thing, doesn't change the fact that it is 77 feet tall, and less than half the height and grandeur of Cinderella Castle.... Are we having small-castle syndrome again, DL?

Size doesn't matter :lol: I guess WDW is trying to compensate for something else.. And it's all just a matter of opinion! I prefer DL's castle, and that's my opinion. That doesn't mean I'm wrong :wave: Who cares if it's shorter, I think it looks better. Case closed :slurp:

sponono88

or the fact that you have children immersed in the fantasy of mickey standing atop a tar-paper shack to light some smallish sparklers at the end of Fantasmic, after they finally figured out that the only explanation for having the Pink Elephants on Parade section is that Mickey was getting blitzed on Natty Light? I'll take Mickey on a Mountain over any tar-paper shack, even if we do have the smaller riverboat, thanks.

Smallish sparklers?? Those were replaced last year :D Now the island lights up with sparkly lights and it's synced to the music.. It sounds like someone hasn't seen DL's fantasmic recently :wave: And Pink Elephants and Pinnochio dancing is way better than seeing bubbles for 2 Minutes!!!

Enderikari

Smallish sparklers?? Those were replaced last year :D Now the island lights up with sparkly lights and it's synced to the music.. It sounds like someone hasn't seen DL's fantasmic recently :wave: And Pink Elephants and Pinnochio dancing is way better than seeing bubbles for 2 Minutes!!!

Saw it in September, still unimpressed, the two boats are the only things you got on us... Pinocchio? With Wal-Mart rope lights? You have to be kidding right? It doesn't even follow with the story... The bubbles show the stories which have come from Mickey's imagination, Pink Elephants only shows you that Mickey, like Dumbo before him, is hitting the sauce.

All that aside, WDW's Fantasmic is better for several reasons, not only the mountain instead of the shack, not only the better fireworks, not only the more cohesive storyline (sans Wal-Mart rope lights)... But one word sets WDW's ahead of DL's..... Benches.

poohbear6103

WDW all the way...well for me at least:)

Not sure if I am the only one since I did not read all the other posts, but after going to WDW for years, my hubby and I were in LA for a day and went to DL for the first time. Major and I mean major disappointment. Yeah Space Mountain was pretty cool and so was Pirates. But that is about all the nice things I can say about the place. Yeah there are things I wish could be changed or rehabbed at WDW, but not enough to boycott. In fact, we are going again in September next year and it is all I can think about :) One thing I love about WDW is that you have so much encompassed with 4 parks and water parks and resorts and restaurants and activities. Just not the case in the DL area. Fine for some people, but just not for us. Overall, I am more than happy with my WDW now that I have seen DL.

sponono88

Saw it in September, still unimpressed, the two boats are the only things you got on us... Pinocchio? With Wal-Mart rope lights? You have to be kidding right? It doesn't even follow with the story... The bubbles show the stories which have come from Mickey's imagination, Pink Elephants only shows you that Mickey, like Dumbo before him, is hitting the sauce.

All that aside, WDW's Fantasmic is better for several reasons, not only the mountain instead of the shack, not only the better fireworks, not only the more cohesive storyline (sans Wal-Mart rope lights)... But one word sets WDW's ahead of DL's..... Benches.

Benches? Benches are no fun. Unless you're really really old and need somewhere to sit. It's a lot more fun sitting out next to Tom Sawyer's Island! Who wants to sit for hours in front of that ugly amphitheatre?:lol: Only in WDW :p The overall experience is better at DL.

And please, the bubbles are boring. It's just a cheap way of making time. DL's Fantasmic uses the mist screens a lot less :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom