First time with JetBlue...

diddy_mouse

Okay, I've flown plenty of times before but I have yet to try JetBlue. I've heard some good things. I was thrilled to see a non-stop flight from IAD (Wash-Dulles) to MCO and the price seemed right. We usually fly Ted but for this trip we wanted to try something different. :shrug:

Thoughts, horror stories, opinions, tips I should know? :wave:

Thanks!

yankspy

Hello. Greetings from Dumfries. I flew Jetblue from dulles a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. My family has been in the airline business for many years and so I have a lot to compare to. I took a morning flight and they were actually an hour ahead of schedule. If you have any questions about dulles or anything else let me know.:wave:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I am a big fan of Jet Blue. You get a lot of room in coach and the DirecTV is great since you can watch basically anything. Definitely my favorite airline.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I love JetBlue. I fly it all the time from Newark, NJ to Orlando. The only other airline I love more is Spirit. I have never had any complaints about JetBlue though. I have flown them in some of the craziest weather conditions too, and they still are on time and reliable.

Upvote 0

makonyy15

I absolutely LOVE JetBlue! We flew the SYR-MCO non-stop flight for Christmas 2006 and it was my best airline experience in 19 yrs. (I'm 19 now, first flight was at 6 months, not that I remember that one). They were extremely friendly, very easy to use from start to finish, the tv was great, lots of room, and it was some of my most relaxing air travel ever! I was sure to send them a letter thanking them for their service. I then got a long detailed personal reply from them thanking me for the kind words. They really care about customer service, so have fun!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Love the leg room and the indicidual tvs everyone gets. It kept my 2 1/2 year old quiet the whole trip. He watched Disney channel shows and DH and I were able to watch what we wanted. It passed the time quickly. They even gave my son extra snacks.:)

Upvote 0

DonaldDoleWhip

I agree with the majority here. Jetblue is a very good domestic airline. The extra legroom is a plus because you can stretch your legs out. The TV comes with many channels, so you'll probably be able to find something interesting (depending on the time of your flight). Also, there is a variety of snacks to choose from and you can ask for extras.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Thanks a lot guys! I asked one of my friends at work and she had nothing but good things to say as well. I think we'll give it a go, hopefully we can book it this week.

Thanks again! :wave:

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

Another happy JetBlue customer here!:sohappy: It is nice to have legroom in coach, sit in a comfortable seat, have Direct TV and XM radio at your seat, and have a decent selection of snacks. I have never had a problem with JetBlue.

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

JetBlue is our airline of choice! We do BOS to MCO in 2hrs and 30 minutes. My then 6 year old complained she didn't get to finish watching her movie by the time we landed. Can't beat that!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I have flown JetBlue a number of time, and have nothing but good things to say. Being 6' 4" the extra legroom is much appreciated.

My only complaint is with their TrueBlue progam (their frequent flyer program) - I just don't like it.

Most of the time however on a EWR-MCO trip I get better (to the tune of at least $50) prices on Continental. I also fly continental a lot for business (Newark is a Continental hub) so I tend to stick with them (and collect frequent flyer miles :) )

-dave

Upvote 0

coltow

JetBlue is our airline of choice! We do BOS to MCO in 2hrs and 30 minutes. My then 6 year old complained she didn't get to finish watching her movie by the time we landed. Can't beat that!
Ditto (from the North Shore). Jet Blue is always our first choice. The staff is friendly and the tv's are perfect with 2 little ones. It's great to not have to worry how to keep them entertained for nearly 3 hours.

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

i love Jet Blue too. I dont really care about the extra leg room cause I'm only 5'1" but the TV is fantastic. I fly by myself and meet friends a lot at WDW so the tv is good entertainment with no one to talk to.

The first time I flew them the plane we were going to take was coming into Newark from PR and it got struck by lightening on that flight. So they had to check everything was ok before they could let us on the plane. While we were delayed they brought out water and snacks. Then they let us on the plane but we wound up sitting there for while waiting for FAA clearance after the incident. They apologized up and down and gave everyone 50 dollars off their next flight. (and this was before all of that passenger bill of rights stuff after leaving people on the runway for hours). There were several people on the flight who were connecting to a cruise and they did all they could to help them get to their port. They also had everyone else remain seated until the cruisers got off the plane at arrival so they could high tail it to their transportation. We actually only arrived about an hour late even though we were took off about 2 hours late. I think I've arrived early for every flight to MCO ive taken with Jet Blue.

They are also awesome about getting baggage to the claim carousel quickly.

LOVE jet blue!

Upvote 0

gigimurphy

Just a couple of Jet Blue tips I didn't see posted.

1. Bring your own headphones! You'll want them for the TV and XM Radio. There is a universal jack, and you'll get better reception with your own. Also Jet Blue is now charging for headphones.

2. If you want more legroom, you can get it - for a price. Jet Blue has roled out a new option that to get the seats with more legroom, you will pay a little more. I think it's a reasonable policy, but one to be aware of. You pay the extra fee when you go to choose your seats. I've done the IAD to MCO flight in a "regular" seat, and it was fine. However, I'm about to go from Dulles to Long Beach (first trip to Disneyland!), and I may splurge the $20 for an extra 4 inches for 5 hours.

Otherwise, I agree with all the rest that Jet Blue rocks!

Upvote 0

beefog

I have flown JetBlue a number of time, and have nothing but good things to say. Being 6' 4" the extra legroom is much appreciated.

My only complaint is with their TrueBlue progam (their frequent flyer program) - I just don't like it.

Most of the time however on a EWR-MCO trip I get better (to the tune of at least $50) prices on Continental. I also fly continental a lot for business (Newark is a Continental hub) so I tend to stick with them (and collect frequent flyer miles :) )

-dave

Ditto, on Continential, Frequent flyer miles, and ost of the tiem an upgrade to Orlando, can;t beat it:p

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

-dave

Ditto to what Phone Dave said. Also frequently I get better flight times on Continental than is offered for Jet Blue out of Newark. I did like the flight and staff on JetBlue though. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom