First Time Dining at Lberty Tree Tavern...reviews?

Iteachwood

Original Poster
This will be our first dining experience( haven't been too many we have not dined at) at Liberty Tree Tavern....value all youir opinions, so any reviews?

mickeysshoes

We had lunch here for our very first time last trip. Was a last minute ADR and had no trouble getting the time we wanted. I felt like we were rushed thru lunch. Service was very good but I found it weird that they wanted to take our entire order at the begining of the meal (dining plan). So there was no down time between dinner and dessert. Food was more of a comfort meal varity..pot roast, pot pie and burgers. It was good but not great. All in all it was a good lunch but would only be a back ADR for us..not a must do. My understanding is that dinner menu is different than for lunch.

MillerPoppins

We had dinner here back in 2005. We enjoyed our meal and loved that it was served family style. You can't go in expecting anything outstanding as in being unique and different food. It's good ol' home style comfort food-turkey, ham, macaroni and cheese. But after a long day of going full speed in the parks, it usually hits the spot just right. Hope you enjoy!

gr8gonzo

We had dinner there in '07, '08, & '09. The food was good each time. Our youngest is a rather picky eater, but even she found a few things she liked. Chicken, mac-n-cheese, mashed potatoes, etc. But her favorite thing about it was the chocolate milk. In fact, she brought it up when we were trying to decide where to make our ADR's!

mrsdanalind

Liberty Tree Tavern

We had dinner here back in 2005. We enjoyed our meal and loved that it was served family style. You can't go in expecting anything outstanding as in being unique and different food. It's good ol' home style comfort food-turkey, ham, macaroni and cheese. But after a long day of going full speed in the parks, it usually hits the spot just right. Hope you enjoy!

:wave:The food is good, and the servers are friendly. We were there last year, and really do miss the characters, but we like the atmosphere and the food. Be aware that the bathrooms are up stairs and very small, so if you need to use the restroom go either before or go tothe big restroom that is right around the corner from the restaurant.
:xmas:

MissM

We had Love's birthday dinner there a few years ago. He really loved and enjoyed it. I thought it was quite good. They brought things out family style and anytime we wanted more of a particular item, they brought more out. The beef was really tasty as was the turkey. Overall, it was a very homey experience and we even bought a couple of the glass souvenir mugs to take home.

He's been wanting to go back ever since so I think that's a pretty good recommendation! :D

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've never been particularly enamored of the place. The "All you care to eat" menu is pre-processed, bland Thanksgiving dinner-esque pap that I found uninspired. I've had a few very bad experiences with the service and simply won't go back.

Pioneer Hall

I enjoyed it when the characters were there. When 9 of us took a college winter break trip to Disney we were sat late and had an unbelievable character interaction since the restaurant wasn't crowded. Some highlights included Dale stealing my hat, me stealing his apron and an ensuing chase that he started. Minnie also might have gotten a guests number and Goofy threatened to tell Mickey...needless to say it was a good time.

Anyway...now that the characters are gone I don't see myself going back here. The food is alright, but nothing more than pre-prepared thanksgiving items that to me aren't that great. For the price, I think there are a number of better options out there than LTT.

K&KMom

We dined there when visiting in 2010 - Didn't love it, but didn't hate it. Our server was fantastic though, we left him a very generous tip!

Went there last year for the first time. I usually eat dinner in EPCOT, but our first day we wanted to stay in MK, so decided to try it out. We had no ADR, so the wait was average despite it not seeming too crowded. The service was fine, and the food was good. Not great, but like everyone else said, pretty average "comfort food". Mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese, turkey, beef, ham, stuffing, ect. All you can eat is nice, although I never want to push it in the parks, when I will be going on rides after!!! :sohappy:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Been twice for evening meals. We went back the second time to see if it was still as unenjoyable as the first time - unfortunately it was :(

Mukta

I ate a fantastic lunch here in 2008. The service was so exceptional that we went to City Hall to compliment our server. The food was good. The creamsicle type drink that I got was amazing.
I also had dinner here in 2009. The food was good, not great. The salad was very tasty, but everything else was just good. I would eat here again for either meal.

sublimesting

We loved it. It is simple down home cooking, as others have said. I find it particularly enjoyable the evening we do MNSSHP as it really sets the Halloween mood for me.

lighteningqueen

We went 2 Dec's ago and wqill never go back. Food was cold and NOT homey nor good home cooked food. Its processed thin dried out and even my unpicky hubby said never again. Sat us in a corner and forgot us. had to ask the girl waitress to help us with refills etc. He finally vbrought out our cobbler and there was half a scoop of ice cream and about a 1/2 cup cobbler. there were two of us come on now. Never never..

jemlover

DH and I were not impressed with the food. The only thing I liked was the Macaroni and Cheese and this is Stauffer's which I like. The gravy was not good and the meats were just OK. We loved the characters but since I understand they are no longer there, we will definitely not be back.

lilclerk

We ate there for the first time a few weeks ago. We don't care for meeting characters so that's why we hadn't been before. For table service in the Magic Kingdom, there's slim pickins', and for what it was, we really enjoyed it. The servers were very attentive, and the food is good, though I didn't much like the macaroni and cheese. All of the online menus I've seen list the dessert as a cherry cobbler, I think, but we were given apple and it was delicious.

Here's a picture of the dinner.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/siriusthinking/5709015048/in/set-72157626681703228

becanya

Lunch there is super yummy. My recommendation is to skip the toffee pudding or cake that they push like crazy and get the apple pie. WE got both and loved the apple pie so much more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom