First Time Dining at Lberty Tree Tavern...reviews?

828tnt

although it's not high on the list of being a terrific value, we usually enjoy stopping here. it's def not gourmet, but very good food. it's ayce, family style. the location is nice.

very good roast beef- with a rosemary marinade. the strawberry salad dressing is great. and the cobler is wonderful if you have room.

as always, everyone's tastes vary, and at $30/ person, like i said, it's not great value.... but we like it!

HouCuseChickie

We ate a late lunch/early dinner there several yrs ago. While not awful, I could put a comparable meal together blending Stouffer's meals from the grocery freezer section. The service was also very slow when we went. All in all- disappointing.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Although it is comfort food - its basically stoffers. It's "okay". I used to enjoy the experience when it was with characters. It made it worth going. Now, I don't think that it is worth it.

EvilQueen-T

we like lunch there when (for whatever reason) we don't want to leave the park. we've been twice for lunch and get the roast beef (tri-something) sandwich, in fact were there sunday and my sister and i split it for lunch (not on dining plan). i didn't like dinner there at all. i agree that it's mostly stouffer's gravey, stuffing etc... which was disappointing to me and you don't have a choice of what you get since it's family style. this isn't normally a problem for me but when it's stouffer's or nothing it's just not for me. to much like having someone go to the freezer section and microwave a frozen dinner then charge you $20 for it.

tracyandalex

We have eaten dinner here about 4 times over the last 6ish years and have always enjoyed. As others have said it was definitely more of a value when there were characters, but it is still a good thanksgiving style meal that serves as a nice break from the park without having to leave the park. I will echo someone's comment about the bathroom, especially if you have little ones. The bathroom is really small (2 stalls i think) and is up some steep stairs. I was not aware there was a park bathroom so close and we almost had an accident, but thankfully the very nice women in front of us let us go first since we had an "emergency" lol

slappy magoo

I'm not as inclined to go there now that there are no characters. Even as a "grown up" I find it fun to go to them, if only to see them interact with other people's children. Now that we have one and another on the way, I'd rather try to get in to Crystal Palace. The food at Liberty, while "good enough" especially considering that it can be all-you-can-eat served family style, doesn't seem as much of a value without the character interaction. Another thing I found kinda interesting was the portion sizes. Now, normally, portion sizes at Disney restaurants can be a tad on the ginormous side. But for family style, I thought they were careful to bring less than you might expect for each person. I can understand the logic - bringing more than you can eat is wasteful, of fod and of money. But I think there's a psychological component to the presentation as well. They're hoping you won't ask for more, so they can turn the table over faster. I don't know, it just went from being fun and cute to tacky, based more on how they run it then its actual appearance or food quality.

PolynesianPrincess

We ate there back in 2001 when the characters were still there. Just me and my mom and we had a great time. I had bought a Skippy plush from Alien Encounter and Goofy stole him and gave him to the next table over. It was really funny. Haven't been back since but we really want to try it out. Maybe next spring...

flavious27

We had a dinner or lunch there in either 07 or 08. The food wasn't that bad, the atmosphere was good, the theming was up there. I liked that we had a menu, instead of how they run dinner now.

MissM

We had a dinner or lunch there in either 07 or 08. The food wasn't that bad, the atmosphere was good, the theming was up there. I liked that we had a menu, instead of how they run dinner now.
Lunch is a regular menu, dinner is a set family style.

jlevis

We've had lunch there several times over the years. Food is pretty good and is fairly dependable in quality. Not the best in the World but if your at MK for lunch it is good.

forevermickey

we had lunch, I wanted to order off a menu -dinner is a set meal. We enjoyed it and will be returning this Sept. I had Pot Roast and apple tart for dessert ( excellent) I think my husband had a burger, whatever he had he thought it was great.

coachwnh

Had dinner there three times and always enjoyed it. Our kids loved the coloring activities they had, especially between Thanksgiving and Christmas when we ate there last. Actually made reservations for my parents there for their trip this August. It has a neat look and feel to it inside. Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom