First the napkins, now the cups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuhio

This here is a wild mouse coaster. Tight turns. No banking. No large drops.

You can also tell 'cause of the giant sign that says "Wild Mouse."
biggrin.gif

Rasvar

I'll start to worry when Coke is replaced with Chek Cola. I know I have seen these Coke cups show up at various times for a few weeks here and there over the last few years. I've never really thought about them since they have always been temporary. However, it still bothers me to see Sleeping Beauty Castle in WDW and Cinderella Castle in DL.

scpergj

I'll start to worry when Coke is replaced with Chek Cola. I know I have seen these Coke cups show up at various times for a few weeks here and there over the last few years. I've never really thought about them since they have always been temporary. However, it still bothers me to see Sleeping Beauty Castle in WDW and Cinderella Castle in DL.

I'd just be happy if Pepsi brands were also available. I understand why they aren't, but I can still wish, can't I??!!:p

Rasvar

I'd just be happy if Pepsi brands were also available. I understand why they aren't, but I can still wish, can't I??!!:p
If Diet Dr. Pepper was included, I wouldn't complain. Otherwise, I'm a Coke person.
(The only thing more dangerous than politics and religion on the internet: SODA WARS)

The Empress Lilly

As a long-time business owner, what an excellent post. Disney created the standard and Florida management fails to operate under the standards that they created. All the while, they love using the Disney Institute (shocking that name still lives) moniker to "teach" other businesses and corporations about how to operate at a high standard of which they no longer operate themselves.

As a child, the little things like the cups, napkins, so many original little items were special. (Heck, my parents proudly collected them and love them.) It did exactly as intended, it molded another young consumer to grow up and be loyal to their product. My children will never have the loyalty to the company as I did.

The argument around here used to be how all of these things put together is what made Disney stand apart from Six Flags. Disney has strip mined these little things and they don't stand apart nearly as they once did.
I couldn't agree more.

The bolded bit in your quote is what I think Disney's rationale is. The cost cutting is not the print. The financial incentives I think are selling the cups as marketing space to Coca-Cola. And, secondly, there seems to be a policy to remove all free Disney collectibles from the parks - let the people buy their souvenirs instead of taking them home for free. Because your parents loved the cups so much that they collected them, they are removed.

It remains to be seen if parents will remain as eager to show WDW to the next generation when so many special childhood memories are removed from WDW.

Uncle Lupe

I bet our next complaint will be about the toliet paper being not Charmin soft..Surely Mickey wants you to feel aggitated.

I wanted to see Universal branded TP in the Disney stalls.

Enjoying the design on my cup was the last thing I was worried about while there.

So have a Coke, smile and....

scpergj

If Diet Dr. Pepper was included, I wouldn't complain. Otherwise, I'm a Coke person.
(The only thing more dangerous than politics and religion on the internet: SODA WARS)

Agreed - which is why I said also - my wife loves Coke and would not be overly happy with Pepsi only!

The Empress Lilly

For fun, here's the series of Disney cups they serve your drinks in in DLP right now. It's not even complete, there are more.

Kids in Paris (well...me) love these cups, they will order different drinks just to get all different sizes with all the different Disney characters.

This is what we mean when we call WDW a cheap and sorry Disney experience compared to the other parks.

6scmjm.jpg

jaques21

Do you guys collect the cups, cause then I see a reason to get all fussy. They're just cups, I throw them away. Sorry I just don't see the big deal, plus I usually eat table service and they use glass usually so maybe that's why I really don't care.

The Empress Lilly

I have been at wdw since Saturday and have not seen those coke cola cups anywhere except at the land. At the rest of the of the parks and reasort have been all disney cups!!!
It remains a wait and see. Maybe this is all just local and temporary.

The status of the napkins was unclear at first too. From the looks of it the blank ones are permament, so we are itchy about other Disney details being stripped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom