First Epic Mickey Screenshots

SirGoofy

I miss Super Mario RPG, personally.

As for Epic Mickey... depending on how it turns out, I may have to purchase it as a gift for my Mother In Law... and then beat it. :lol:

As long as it's long, I'll pick it up.

I'm tired of 90% of all games on any system taking less than 6-7 hours to beat.:brick:

SirGoofy

Batman Arkum Asylum is very long and good my friend!

:lookaroun

I beat it in one night.:lol:

But anyway, back on topic, I'm really loving the art direction of the game, but I really wish they would have gone with a Legend of Zelda: Windwaker style. But still, Mickey looks very cool, as does the cartoon world.

Figment632

:lookaroun

I beat it in one night.:lol:

But anyway, back on topic, I'm really loving the art direction of the game, but I really wish they would have gone with a Legend of Zelda: Windwaker style. But still, Mickey looks very cool, as does the cartoon world.

:lol: Took me a couple of days but I only have and hour or 2 a day to play.

Did you play Ghostbusters?

urbanvegan

As for Epic Mickey... depending on how it turns out, I may have to purchase it as a gift for my Mother In Law... and then beat it. :lol:

Now that's not a nice way to talk about a Lady.... :p

I think the game looks great; but I agree with those wishing there were also a PS3 version. Wii still does a good job, though. Mario Galaxy looked great, and it seems like the same target market.

I'll be buying it for my Wii anyway, I just wish it weren't a Wii exclusive.

Wilt Dasney

When does this much-hyped Game Informer issue hit shelves?

(And the more important question...will it be wrapped in plastic?) :lookaroun

Figment632

This was originaly posted by Wilt Dasney in the GD thread!

This was posted by a Micechat user who claims to have read the Game Informer article:

Quote:
The story centers around a world created by the sorcerer Yensid in which the old and forgotten attractions / characters in the Disney library go to when they are no longer needed. Accidentally however, the world is invaded by the Phantom Blot and what was intended to be a beautiful restful place became a warped version of the Magic Kingdom.

It's here that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit had been since it's creation, he was the first inhabitant. As the article quotes Warren Spector, "Walt Disney created Mickey to replace Oswald." And so the story goes, two brothers, one with the success and fame, the other forgotten by their "father."

In the game you control Mickey who wields a paint brush, and you must travel thru the now warped kingdom and in the process you decide to be endlessly helpful to the inhabitants or focused on your own agenda (as the article describes, you as Mickey can be "the Scrapper" or "the Hero"). Depending on your decisions the world will reflect your actions and so Mickey will become more or less colorful depending on your chosen path.

This story looks great!

EpcoTim

Well, that socks.

Concept art looked downright amazing, I would have actually bought a video game console had it looked like that.

But the reality of it all is that it doesn't, looks like another crap kids game. The so called Apple fanbois should be very familiar with the wii set up. Oh wait, Apple wasn't cool then.

Anyway, I'm not a graphics snob, I dont play video games but I do own an NES, a Genesis and a 2600. The best games ever were the original NHL on Genesis and the original Zelda. But with a game like this and calling it "Epic Mickey", this should be the be all end all of gaming. From Graphics to storyline to gameplay this should truly be "epic".

Instead it kind of looks like a cheesy fail.

the-reason14

The Wii's problem is not it's graphical specs, it's the bolded part. Developers refuse to make story driven games for it, instead focusing on crap party games(see:Tot Story Mania).

A slightly under powered processor can still do great things as long as the art style is done right(Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Epic Mickey). Graphics are the most overrated piece of gaming today, IMO. People are drawn to pretty looking character models, and sometimes forget about the actual gameplay.

Developers other than Nintendo just need to realize that more people own Wiis than 8 year olds and the elderly, and it would be a great system.

As for Natal...it scares me. Really makes me think Xbox is trying to cash in on the motion control fad, just like Sony did with the PS3 controller, and it will just end up being gimmicky.

Toy Story mania is nowhere near a crap party game, you probably havent even played it. It is a party game yea, but its one of the better ones. Whether the wii has the hardcore games or not, or attract those gamers, its still outsold ps3 and xbox 360. And now both systems are trying to emulate the wii by coming out with similar projects.

SirGoofy

Toy Story mania is nowhere near a crap party game, you probably havent even played it. It is a party game yea, but its one of the better ones. Whether the wii has the hardcore games or not, or attract those gamers, its still outsold ps3 and xbox 360. And now both systems are trying to emulate the wii by coming out with similar projects.

I've played it. It's crap.:lol:

Doesn't come close to touching the great party games like Mario Party for the N64. It's basically the same game over and over again.

As for the others emulating the Wii, again, it worries me. Classic controls are not broken, no need to fix them.

Underdog

The Wii's problem is not it's graphical specs, it's the bolded part. Developers refuse to make story driven games for it, instead focusing on crap party games(see:Tot Story Mania).

A slightly under powered processor can still do great things as long as the art style is done right(Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Epic Mickey). Graphics are the most overrated piece of gaming today, IMO. People are drawn to pretty looking character models, and sometimes forget about the actual gameplay.

Developers other than Nintendo just need to realize that more people own Wiis than 8 year olds and the elderly, and it would be a great system.

As for Natal...it scares me. Really makes me think Xbox is trying to cash in on the motion control fad, just like Sony did with the PS3 controller, and it will just end up being gimmicky.

Thank you for bringing some common sense about gaming to this discussion!

Warren Spector is well known for some of his previous work to gamers and is a huge Disney fan apparently. Here's a link to the magazine that has the exclusive story on the game. There's some good stuff in there, especially the time lapse sketch with the orchestrated music behind it.
http://gameinformer.com/mag/mickey.aspx

Here's to hoping they give this game the time it needs to be fun. They're got some great concert art and a nice story. Here's to hoping it all comes together.

Here's my take on the rest of the discussion in this thread: Most devs on the Wii have done quick and easy games to appeal to casual gamers. Graphical fidelity doesn't guarantee great game play.

Isn't it ironic that two of the most 'under powered' systems are the best selling (Wii & DS)?

Finally, I have NO idea how Natal or even Sony's copy-cat offering could be judged to be better right now since they're still in development.
If someone is too lazy to play a Wii game because they have to get off the couch (which for most they really don't), why would you play on Sony or Microsoft’s? OH, because it's in HD which makes everything better... ;-) LOL
After their release, how many games will it be compatible with? For 360 owners, that's a HUGE back catalog that you can't play with new controller. How many developers are going to be interested in re-doing old games so they can use new controls? Devs on both systems will have similar learning curves just like the first year on the Wii to see what will work and what doesn't.

Fun games can be done on the 'underpowered systems' - Scribblenauts, Murasama: The Demon Blade, Little King's Story & Monster Hunter III - they don't depend on graphics as much as a good gameplay. Don't blame the Wii - blame the developers who dump their cheap, under developed software on it.

DisneyWall-E

Nothing has to break in order to take the next step in gaming evolution. Motion controls are the future IMO.

I have a Wii and a 360 and I love them both for vary different reasons. Graphics are nothing to me, its all in the gameplay.

EPCOT Explorer

This was originaly posted by Wilt Dasney in the GD thread!

This was posted by a Micechat user who claims to have read the Game Informer article:

Quote:
The story centers around a world created by the sorcerer Yensid in which the old and forgotten attractions / characters in the Disney library go to when they are no longer needed. Accidentally however, the world is invaded by the Phantom Blot and what was intended to be a beautiful restful place became a warped version of the Magic Kingdom.

It's here that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit had been since it's creation, he was the first inhabitant. As the article quotes Warren Spector, "Walt Disney created Mickey to replace Oswald." And so the story goes, two brothers, one with the success and fame, the other forgotten by their "father."

In the game you control Mickey who wields a paint brush, and you must travel thru the now warped kingdom and in the process you decide to be endlessly helpful to the inhabitants or focused on your own agenda (as the article describes, you as Mickey can be "the Scrapper" or "the Hero"). Depending on your decisions the world will reflect your actions and so Mickey will become more or less colorful depending on your chosen path.

This story looks great!
:eek::eek::eek:

I would want it just for the story...:lol:

Old attractions? ...Is EPCOT in here?:lookaroun

WDWFigment

I'm hoping that the gameplay is solid. I agree that it looks nothing like the concept art. Maybe the videos within the game will reflect those a little more closely.

Hopefully the Fantasyland project doesn't stray from concept art as much as this game! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom