First Epic Mickey Screenshots

Jpfan4ever

What is with all the complaints?? Those graphics look very solid for the Wii...and the level shown there is the Small World level...the concept art we have seen hasn't even been shown through gameplay yet....I personally can't wait for this game!!

the-reason14

I've played it. It's crap.:lol:

Doesn't come close to touching the great party games like Mario Party for the N64. It's basically the same game over and over again.

As for the others emulating the Wii, again, it worries me. Classic controls are not broken, no need to fix them.

Well than you must have been playing something else. Or thats just your opinion. Toy Story Mania is the funnest game on the wii, right under mario kart. It would have been great if they had made it online, but either way its still the funnest game.

Spyne

Wow, looks very interesting so far. Great to see that Mickey has a retro look to him! :) I'm getting much more interested in playing it when it comes out!

pilka214

i was super excited for this game after seeing the concept art... it looked super cool... but these screenshots looked like a dumbed down version of the original concept.

i was looking for something really EPIC... something that could go above and beyond Kingdom Heart.... however as of right now it looks like we may just have another "Mickey's Magical Mirror" on our hands :(

EpcotServo

The Wii's problem is not it's graphical specs, it's the bolded part. Developers refuse to make story driven games for it, instead focusing on crap party games(see:Tot Story Mania).

A slightly under powered processor can still do great things as long as the art style is done right(Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Epic Mickey). Graphics are the most overrated piece of gaming today, IMO. People are drawn to pretty looking character models, and sometimes forget about the actual gameplay.

Developers other than Nintendo just need to realize that more people own Wiis than 8 year olds and the elderly, and it would be a great system.

As for Natal...it scares me. Really makes me think Xbox is trying to cash in on the motion control fad, just like Sony did with the PS3 controller, and it will just end up being gimmicky.

Exactly. Why I hate wii is that even a good game is ruined by making every act of gameplay into "SHAKE THE STICK AROUND AND STUFF HAPPENS!"

They are very impressed by that these days, despite the fact that it's tedious and annoying.
:lol:

wdwbeepbop

I feel like on a large platform game that takes a long time to complete, you don't want to be holding a wiimote waving it around the whole time it'd be much easier to use a control would like to play this game but, i won't buy a wii for it

Underdog

Exactly. Why I hate wii is that even a good game is ruined by making every act of gameplay into "SHAKE THE STICK AROUND AND STUFF HAPPENS!"

They are very impressed by that these days, despite the fact that it's tedious and annoying.
:lol:

LOL
Haven't played a lot of Wii games, have you?

Testtrack321

Just got my issue in the mail today (go gamestop, renewed friday when i got Brutal Legend). Looks EPIC.

Happy I have a Wii now. Can't wait for this game.

FigmentJedi

http://gameinformer.com/games/disne...9/10/24/An-Interview-With-Warren-Spector.aspx
Some great little tidbits in here
The Mickey game is set in the world called the Wasteland, which is a land of forgotten and rejected Disney creativity. The backstory fiction is Walt Disney couldn’t throw anything away – the archives are evidence of that – and if he couldn’t throw like a piece of paper away, how could he bear for the fruits of his imagination and his animators’ imaginations, and the Imagineers’ imaginations – how could he bear to see that just lost forever? So the power of that idea, “I must never lose these characters or these rides, or anything,” led to the creation of this alternate universe, which is this limbo world where forgotten and rejected characters, theme park rides, scenes from movies that never got made – scenes that didn’t fit into movies that did get made – background paintings, character costumes from the park that got moth-eaten – designs for garbage cans for crying out loud, you know? All of that stuff – where does it go when the world rejects it or when its time has passed? It goes to the Wasteland. And when the world is ready to re-embrace those things – when the world is ready for the flying saucers ride at Disneyland, gosh darn it, it’s coming out of the Wasteland and it will be there. And when the world is ready for Oswald? He comes out, like he is now. And when the world is ready for a reinvigorated Mickey Mouse? What better way than to have him come back out of the Wasteland? So that’s kind of the setting.

GI: What do you consider will make the game a success? What for you would make it a success?

WS: The number one thing I want to see happening, I want to go on the forums and have some gamer – this is probably not Disney’s goal for the game, this is my goal for the game – I want to go on the forums on the Game Informer website, and I want to hear somebody say, “Mickey Mouse is lame! You’re playing a mouse, you moron!” and just have everyone in the world jump on him. “No, Mickey Mouse is cool! What are you talking about?! Play the game! Shut up!” I want to see people going out there and saying, “I want to be Mickey Mouse,” not just wearing a Mickey Mouse watch or t-shirt. I want people saying, “I want to be Mickey Mouse.”

I want to go to Disneyland or Disneyworld and see the Wasteland ride. That’s another little mark I’ve got to check off on my resume. I’ve got to create a theme park ride. I’ve got to do that. I really want there to be a theme park ride. I want to be in a park.

And I want to make a movie. As much as I love telling stories with players, there is so much to this story that is going to be frankly very hard to express in an interactive context. There is a feature-length film to be made out of this that would rock peoples’ worlds. I want to see that movie get made too. I need to make a movie. That’s the other thing on my resume that I haven’t checked off. Those two things, and then I’ll be good to go. I’ve played music in front of paying people, I’ve written a novel, I’ve made 19 games, this will be my 20th. I work for Disney. I’ve got to produce a movie, and I’ve got to design a theme park ride.

Also, I want to do a Duck Tales game. Convince the world that a Duck Tales game needs to be made. I can’t convince anybody at Disney to let me do a Duck Tales game. How can that be?

Rael Iak

Well, I am a huge gamer, and an even bigger Disney fan. The artwork, hands down, looked amazing. Gamers who saw it said it looked amazing, and a ton of Disney fans said the same, because Mickey hasn't been depicted as a hero in ages.

Now seeing a little more of the product, it does look like they've toned it down. And that stinks, because Mickey really, really needs to be re-imagined, (and what better place to start than in the gaming world?). As Warren said, he's unfortunately pretty lame now.:shrug:

As for the "How much do graphics really count" debate, they do. They really, really, really do. Now that's not to say that gameplay, char. dev and everything else doesn't count; they count just as much. But today, there really is no excuse technologically for a game to not blow me away. When I play games the wii, I have to compromise graphically. I just do. Game might still be good, but it undeniably does not look as good as it could.

I know they want it on the Wii because it does fit the market for the game, but the Wii is *not* Epic. It can be huge and awesome, (Zelda), and it can even look kind of pretty, (Galaxy), but the Wii just does not have the horsepower to qualify as Epic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom