Finally! GF with my mom!!!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all!

It's been two years of canceling trips to WDW!! When my DH and I were supposed to go this year in February, I had just started a new job and couldn't get the time off and go. And the previous year when we were supposed to go in March, we had to cancel because we just moved to DC for my husband's work! So all good reasons not to be able to go to WDW but a lot of disappointment when having to cancel those trips.

But now - I have a last minute WDW get away planned for the end of May! My mom and I are going for 2 days and staying at the Grand Floridian! She has never stayed on property before and GF is my favorite so I am SO excited that we will be staying there.

We have decided to go to MK on day one and Epcot on day two. The last time she was at WDW was in 1998 and we went to AK which had recently opened. Although she hasn't been on Expedition Everest, one of my faves, she is not a big roller coaster person. And we are not going to see DHS, which the last time she was there was MGM and yes, a few new things are there, its not enough of a change so we are skipping that one too.

We have ADR's for Crystal Palace on Tuesday for dinner and Les Chefs for lunch on Wednesday.

I am SO excited to get to go to WDW with my mom and have this special trip planned!! I can't wait!!

Happy Planning!!!

:wave:

H20Babie

Yay :sohappy:

I know what its like, trying to plan a WDW getaway and then life gets in the way! It will be 2 years for us as well, when we finally get to go!

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Hi all!

It's been two years of canceling trips to WDW!! When my DH and I were supposed to go this year in February, I had just started a new job and couldn't get the time off and go. And the previous year when we were supposed to go in March, we had to cancel because we just moved to DC for my husband's work! So all good reasons not to be able to go to WDW but a lot of disappointment when having to cancel those trips.

But now - I have a last minute WDW get away planned for the end of May! My mom and I are going for 2 days and staying at the Grand Floridian! She has never stayed on property before and GF is my favorite so I am SO excited that we will be staying there.

We have decided to go to MK on day one and Epcot on day two. The last time she was at WDW was in 1998 and we went to AK which had recently opened. Although she hasn't been on Expedition Everest, one of my faves, she is not a big roller coaster person. And we are not going to see DHS, which the last time she was there was MGM and yes, a few new things are there, its not enough of a change so we are skipping that one too.

We have ADR's for Crystal Palace on Tuesday for dinner and Les Chefs for lunch on Wednesday.

I am SO excited to get to go to WDW with my mom and have this special trip planned!! I can't wait!!

Happy Planning!!!

:wave:
Friend I'm so excited for you!! 2 days now?! Yay!!!!!! So glad you get to go after so many canceled visits!!! LOVE Crystal Palace and We're eating at Chefs too on our trip! And I know how much you love the Grand Floridian-so jealous.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Thank you so much! YES! I love GF and I am SO excited!! It's going to be a very special and wonderful trip! I can't wait!! And you my friend - you can say you are going back to the WDW this MONTH! YIPPEE!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
That will be a great trip for you and your mom. :) I'm in a similar situation myself-- my mom and I are going for 2 days next weekend! We're going to Epcot one day and MK the next, and have dinner reservations at Coral Reef Restaurant and Narcoossee's. I'm sure the weekend will fly by, but Disney World with your mom is very special. :) Take lots of pictures and savor each and every sight, smell, and sound in the parks.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

Hope you have a great time! I am going May 9-15th with my Mom celebrating her 86th Birthday. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge club level for the first time. She loved animals. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

wbtc

What do you like about the GF

What do you like about the GF? We are considering our next trip in 2012 and the GF is on the top of our list to try. I have never been to the GF and I would love to know what you like about it.

I hope you have a great trip

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

What a special trip! I hope you and your Mom have an absolutely lovely time - she'll get a kick out of how much it has changed since 1998 I'm sure! Have a blast!:wave:

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Yay! Glad you're getting to go! :sohappy: I remember your posts about your trip cancelations. Jealous that you're staying at the GF!!! :D Are you going to make it over to Rose & Crown for your Sticky Toffee Pudding?

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
What do you like about the GF? We are considering our next trip in 2012 and the GF is on the top of our list to try. I have never been to the GF and I would love to know what you like about it.

I hope you have a great trip

Oh, the GF is the just the best! It is filled with charm and it is so pretty! You would think it is all stuffy but it is not. It's actually very family friendly. And just so elegant and fun! The amenities are great and we love being on the monorail too! If you can do it, then I would say go for it. It is amazing experience! :wave:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Yay! Glad you're getting to go! :sohappy: I remember your posts about your trip cancelations. Jealous that you're staying at the GF!!! :D Are you going to make it over to Rose & Crown for your Sticky Toffee Pudding?

Thank you so much! I tried to persuade her to Rose and Crown - but she was more excited about Les Chefs! So no Sticky Toffee Pudding! But we are going to eat our way around the World too!! I am so excited! Nom nom nom

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Thank you so much everyone for all your well wishes! I am thrilled to be going! And it will be so special for my mom and I to make this memory together! She has never stayed on the property before so this is going to be a very special trip indeed! You are all so sweet! Thank you again!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom