Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

UNCgolf

I know it's subjective and I agree the location is bad, but I don't get how FEA can be described as a bad (or "not good") ride on its own terms. If FEA doesn't reach the standard of even being good, then I don't know how you'd find WDW anything other than a handful of epic e-tickets floating in a sea of bad to mediocre rides.

I don't think it's BAD; I just think it's mediocre and should be significantly better. I was surprised they're basically cloning it all around the world instead of building something that's actually impressive, but that's likely a cost saving measure. It has excellent AAs surrounded by a ton of empty space -- it almost feels like they were halfway done with it and then just stopped and opened it as is. It's better than the Seas with Nemo, the Little Mermaid, the Gran Fiesta Tour, Journey into Your Imagination (I assume -- haven't been on it in well over a decade), and Toy Story Mania, but that's about it off the top of my head (not counting flat rides and spinners). It probably slots in as the 5th best ride at EPCOT because of how meager EPCOT currently is (although it'll be knocked out once Ratatouille opens), but it wouldn't even come close to consideration for the top 5 at any of the other 3.

I honestly don't see how it would be described as good beyond the fact that the AAs are impressive. It's just a handful of barely connected scenes showing some characters and songs from the movie and then it's over. FEA and NRJ are both far too short, but NRJ is lush and full of detail whereas FEA is sparse and full of empty space, thus I like NRJ much more.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Probably wrong thread and probably discussed before but was there a reason beyond cost cutting that they built the Pandora rides on top of another?
While it’s more efficient, to describe combining attractions as “cost cutting” is probably the wrong sentiment. Look at the Magic Kingdom where many attractions and venues are in shared facilities that allows for efficiencies in construction and operations while also shaping the space of lands beyond a series of disconnected facilities. Even the Imagination Pavilion combined multiple experiences into one facility, Without enough specifics the fire alarm system might be the only area that could be described as “cost cutting” by not utilizing more expensive systems and means to create separation and minimize unnecessary evacuations.

DCLcruiser

For me, I like Na'vi River Journey but I have to ride it twice to satisfy the ride length that it should be.
I found it to be the least enjoyable ride at WDW. Maelstrom was amazing in comparison and I was always scared of the trolls as a kid. I'm still waiting for the climax of the story to NRJ. It just ends without anything happening.

They should just use Na'vi as the ride queue to transport you to FoP.

Back on topic, Figment needs a movie made by Marvel.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Yes, vertically via an elevator. LPS still flat surface only; No grade slope, banks, etc. For that purpose a coaster or regular onmi is still better. I think the next logical step for this ride type will be to have the vehicle simulate banking, drops etc from within the vehicle but I think that's still a long way off. A combination of the tech used in Countdown/Dinosaur on the body of an LPS vehicle seems doable. An LPS being able to drops and climbs seem unlikely unless it's paired with some form of basic coaster tech.
Very hard to manage from a power standpoint. Lots of battery required to move horizontally. Vertical not very doable with current technology without drawing power from a track.

Homemade Imagineering

Gosh, thinking about this thread makes me so sad. Back in August I had so much hope for this Pavillion, and was even expecting an announcement at D23. That announcement never came, although I was confident it would still happen because of what insiders on this thread were saying. Now it seems like we’ll have to wait another 20 some odd years for a redo, even though I know it’ll probably be alot sooner than 20 years.

HanSoloDolo

I found it to be the least enjoyable ride at WDW. Maelstrom was amazing in comparison and I was always scared of the trolls as a kid. I'm still waiting for the climax of the story to NRJ. It just ends without anything happening.

They should just use Na'vi as the ride queue to transport you to FoP.

Back on topic, Figment needs a movie made by Marvel.

Figment needs a movie made by the guy who wrote Gravity Falls.

rle4lunch

FB_IMG_1595211977035.jpg

Journey into Your Most Frightening Imagination:
When Figment learns he's on the chopping block..

Unfortunately if this were to happen it wouldn't be laser beams from his eyes, but flatulence from his hind quarter.

Homemade Imagineering

Wow. Reading the beginning of this thread up until D23 2019 is so depressing. My hopes went up extremely high at first, dropped a bit after no announcement at D23, with the reassurance from insiders that we’d get a new attraction in 5 years, and now it’s hit an all time low, of getting back on the same waiting train everyone’s been on since 1999/2002, with my hopes dropping even more that Disney will just abandon the attraction like Stitch, let it rot for a while, and after many years pick up the next trendy IP, demolish it, and build another overhyped water feature or spinner “attraction” in its former space. Although that sounds a bit irrational, and I don’t want to jump to such dramatic conclusions, so I’ll just keep waiting, and I guess at this point whatever happens happens. Maybe though, we can all use this time to send more letters to the right people in Disney, and if we don’t stop maybe they’ll have a second thought about what they want to prioritize within this entire overhaul, or in the more likely scenario, they’ll just give us what we want when they can do so financially, probably in around 7 years now instead of 5 due to current circumstances (feel free to correct me on that insiders).

Homemade Imagineering

The longer it’s put off, the more time I have to work on my Engineering and Business degree (not that they’d hire me anyways, but I can dream :hilarious: ).
Keep working towards that dream, no matter how long it may take! I’m not an expert on what it takes to become an imagineer, but to me as long as one is hard working and has the motivation and passion to become one, it is possible! In regards to imagination, I feel like Figment is safe from an outright removal from the pavillion, because again, just as everyone says, Figment sells, and he’s a huge part of Epcot. Disney would be stupid not to include him in the next incarnation of imagination! As for Dreamfinder, I’m really not too sure, as according to Martin there have been proposals with him, but proposals are just ideas and nothing more. I do feel like Disney will try and incorporate Figment into the next incarnation mixed in with whatever IP replaces it since Disney is so determined to shove IP into every corner of Epcot. I guess I’ll just have to keep waiting and keep my expectations in check, although it’s hard when you’re so passionate about a former attraction and it’s potential to be amazing again😕

Bismuth

Yo so there’s no word on Figment shutting down any time soon yeah? The closure of primeval whirl and stitch has me a little nervous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom