Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

Considering figment is a walk on ride even on the heaviest crowd days, I think it really doesn't matter if it shuts down or not.
I agree. I’ve said this many times already on other threads before, and I really feel like figment might meet the same fate as Stitch did, since just like you said, it’s a walk on most of the time, and in the next few years if it’s ridership continues on a downwards slope, combined with the fact that COVID has had a strong effect on the company, I do feel like abandonment is very much possible.

pdude81

They need the capacity and it was on track for a rework in a few years. No reason to think they would just shut it down now. Perhaps they'll close it early each day if no lines but when park capacity rises it will be needed.

DoleWhipDrea

Figment won’t be shut down unceremoniously. It’s one of the few family-friendly rides at EPCOT (whether it gets much of a line or not.) It will close when it finally gets the greenlight for a makeover, however many years away that may be.

Also, rides having long wait lengths are the exact opposite of what Disney wants at the parks right now...and are most likely re-thinking in light of the pandemic. As noted, they desperately need the capacity. EPCOT has very little as a result of all the closures over the years.

Finally, the ride is not in the kind of dramatic state some posters have indicated here...especially when compared against many other attractions at the parks. It’s just more noticeable when something doesn’t work because that attraction barely has much going on in the first place.

DCLcruiser

We're spreading little Figment love in New York...

IMG_4298.jpg

Homemade Imagineering

I’m finishing up the interview right now. It is however strange that it’s been removed from YouTube around 30 minutes ago. Luckily I haven’t clicked off the video so it’s still going. Imagination needs to be updated soon, and I know it won’t be but I still hold out some hope that Disney will wake up and prioritize it over another project, even though it’s extremely unlikely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom