Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd have to disagree. I was there on the first day of the Art Festival in 2023 & it was a see of purple. You'd almost think he was Disney's mascot if you were there that day & didn't know any better.

If they build a banger E-ticket that gets hardcore park fans excited, they'll love it, hype it up & then your average park goer will line up too.
They seem to know what they were doing in the early 80's..This was a wallet being sold on eBay pre-Eisner era marketing and it shows that they were looking at Figment to push the merch at Epcot but still acknowledge that Mickey is still there.
s-l1200.webp

Tha Realest

The history of sitcoms demonstrates, by and large, that when you take a standout character out of their natural grouping or ensemble and showcase them individually, it doesn’t feel the same.

As Baxter explained time and time again, Figment and Dreamfinder are a classic comedy duo. Splitting them up makes no sense, as we’ve seen for a few decades now.

Bocabear

Will they ever understand that and bring them back together? Will they ever actually give us a good, revitalized and spectacular Imagination Pavilion? Signs don't look good....especially with talks of changing it to another IP and more meet and greet space. It's kind of a dark time in Disney theme park history....

necott99

My confidence in hearing anything JII related is waning, especially after hearing the news that "many" of the announcements will be DLR-related. That does not leave much room for wild card stuff, i.e., JII. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but I'm prepared for another D23 to come and go with no material attention paid to this ride. It's a shame.

DreamfinderGuy

Anyone who's genuinely expecting to hear about Imagination on Saturday needs to get their expectations in check. It's not even the strongest year we've had in recent times for rumors that something for Imagination is in development, let alone the fact that so many other projects are taking precedence. We were never going to hear about JII this year, we'll be lucky if we hear anything for EPCOT other than Test Track.

Homemade Imagineering

Anyone who's genuinely expecting to hear about Imagination on Saturday needs to get their expectations in check. It's not even the strongest year we've had in recent times for rumors that something for Imagination is in development, let alone the fact that so many other projects are taking precedence. We were never going to hear about JII this year, we'll be lucky if we hear anything for EPCOT other than Test Track.
I agree, I’m now just crossing my fingers for 2026

Sneaky

Well, I hope the purple guy has a bright future at least. The cycle continues

Sneaky

Yeah. He's apart of the plush mountain.

Monkey paw curls a finger. But not really because saying "figment found at d23" is like "fork found in kitchen".
Yknow, i have a feeling this update is never gonna come. If you really knew all along he’d only be in plush mountain, I respect the troll game lol.

Sneaky

Agreed. It’s either a) never happening or b) not going to be what we want. Either way, I’d just like confirmation so I can move on haha.
Being a fan of figment sucks. I know henry mystic said is future is bright, but i honestly am kidna skeptical. It’s the same cycle, and I’m not gonna go through the same two year hope cycle of getting let down

Mike S

I don't think Figment is "weird Disney" even. He's a classic Disney character, one I'm kinda shocked they took until the '80s to create. Imagination is what the entire company is built on, turning that concept into a character is about as Disney as it gets.
I saw this for the first time a few months ago. Skip to 25:45. I don’t know why but the story he tells of how he introduced Figment just hits me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom