Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

If they removed him, he would hypothetically still have a cameo in whatever came next. So it’s technically not the pavilion without Figment
They’d have to be really out of touch & stupid to pull this off again. I’d say the chances of Figment being featured in a brand new version are almost certain if they’re still figuring out what to do with the pavilion. He’s gotta be the star of the show no matter the outcome. Don’t think anyone will settle for anything less, rightfully so

Mickeynerd17

I've said this before. I almost PREFER they just remove him 100%.
You have a point, but I disagree.

Removing him outright will just about guarantee he never returns in any attraction form. I'd rather have another mediocre ride and wait for a better creative environment than risk losing the character to history.

Current imag sucks compared to the original, but at least figment still exists beyond T-shirt form.

The Leader of the Club

I've said this before. I almost PREFER they just remove him 100%.

Because, any less than a full restoration of that great ride is a insult.....
And well, I don't have much faith in Disney to do anything 100% these days.
Figment is one of the last bastions of “weird Disney” left. It would be a shame to lose him completely to add another dark ride through a popular animated IP. I like Country Bear Musical Jamboree because it gets to keep some of the weirdness of the original, whereas a Toy Story Marionette show (for instance) wouldn’t. There need to be characters and experiences in the parks that can’t be found on Disney+.

Surferboy567

There is no shot they remove figment it would make no sense. I also don’t think a ride would be widely accepted if they did. On the Disney front, he has become valuable IP and brings in a decent amount of park iconography as well as merch.

I’d also be super upset if they ever removed Figment.

DreamfinderGuy

Figment is one of the last bastions of “weird Disney” left. It would be a shame to lose him completely to add another dark ride through a popular animated IP. I like Country Bear Musical Jamboree because it gets to keep some of the weirdness of the original, whereas a Toy Story Marionette show (for instance) wouldn’t. There need to be characters and experiences in the parks that can’t be found on Disney+.
I don't think Figment is "weird Disney" even. He's a classic Disney character, one I'm kinda shocked they took until the '80s to create. Imagination is what the entire company is built on, turning that concept into a character is about as Disney as it gets.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
How do people still think Disney removing Figment is a realistic idea? Is cynicism this strong?
Right!? Disney's most lucrative character in EPCOT. If there's one thing Disney understands it's milking nostalgia for all it's worth. Plus he's replacing Mickey as the official mascot. (OK that one was just for lulz) But I mean, Come on! He's not going anywhere...

aladdin2007

I think some are worried that because it happened before, it could happen again. But I think Disney learned that lesson, if they didn't though, it wouldn't surprise me. I don't feel he is going anywhere either, but they have been so dense as of late, just look at the tba problems being ignored.

Gusey

I don't think Figment is "weird Disney" even. He's a classic Disney character, one I'm kinda shocked they took until the '80s to create.
Tony Baxter did try in the late 70s with Disovery Bay and Professor Marvel's Gallery :)
1722802550835.png

GenChi

Let's not be ridiculous. There is a ZERO percent change Figment will be removed or made a minor presence in this pavilion. And I'm saying this as one of the doomers who think people discount the very real possibility Inside Out is coming to the ride. I get the paranoia from 25 years of prior removal attempts, we all have that, but they aren't going to make a big push for the character outside the park realm as they are now with clear plans for him then decide he's not going to be used at his home and not capitalize on his sales potential

The question here is more going to be what's the scale when the revamp happens. New ride with Dreamfinder or co-sharing with Inside Out. Even in the very unlikely worse case of being moved to Magic Eye he's still starring in something. We don't know what the final plan will be, but exactly none of them involve the dragon not being prominent

Homemade Imagineering

I would argue that, if they give Figment the deluxe treatment, there is zero chance Dreamfinder isn’t included.
Even so I’m not sure Figment alone is enough to anchor an entire E Ticket. You’d at least need one other character(s) in the mix. After all, he is quite literally the figment of someone’s imagination, whether that’s Dreamfinder or Eric Idle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom