Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Inspired Figment

Regarding Journey Into Imagination. The ‘easiest’ way to please everyone would be to restore the attraction back to its original iteration with modern tech & spfx enhancements. Think.. upgrading the AAs ala CBMJ but retaining the original audio and show scenes remastered, with new spfx added in (possibly stuff initially planned but simply not able to be utilized due to budget & tech limitations at the time. Half of the original track is still being utilized. The other half is simply covered over with hollow flooring, mainly where the current queue & downstairs ImageWorks/gift shop area is. The AAs are in essence the same figures as the original too, mold wise. Sound Lab = OG Realm of Art Figment by the rainbow pond with the jar of rainbows, just in a different outfit, retrofitted onto one of the old dreamcatcher hatch mechs to rotate left and right and raise & lower., Detour Figment = Film Finale Figment, Current Finale Astronaut Figment = Original Transition from the Theatre to Realm of Science Gray suit Astronaut Figment. It just needs a basic repaint.

Last edited:

Moth

Regarding Journey Into Imagination. The ‘easiest’ way to please everyone would be to restore the attraction back to its original iteration with modern tech & spfx enhancements. Think.. upgrading the AAs ala CBMJ but retaining the original audio and show scenes remastered, with new spfx added in (possibly stuff initially planned but simply not able to be utilized due to budget & tech limitations at the time. Half of the original track is still being utilized. The other half is simply covered over with hollow flooring, mainly where the current queue & downstairs ImageWorks/gift shop area is.
The main issue is gonna be the turntable and the fact due to the fact the track was covered, it'd need to be replaced.

I think the original track, or parts of it, can come back, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

bpiper

The main issue is gonna be the turntable and the fact due to the fact the track was covered, it'd need to be replaced.

I think the original track, or parts of it, can come back, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Missed opportunity. Disney could have gotten a bulk discount from the Big Thunder track fabricator if they tacked on the Imagination track on to the order.

Sneaky

As long as it’s good. With the way thing may be shaping out with this and inside out, could we actually be living in the timeline where we win? Only time will tell…
At least they have seemed to learn their lesson from wdw 50 with them planning it out for Epcot.

etc98

Honestly…. Gut it and maybe replace it with something else? 3D movies are kidna on their way out at theme parks anyway.
I had an idea for a sort of Imagineering pavilion/exhibit in that space. Like a permanent version of the parks exhibit at D23. Could be continuously updated with new projects and models of things coming to all the resorts around the world. But could also show things from Imagineering’s history. And of course it would focus on the creative process behind how they come up with all of it, and could show some behind the scenes of how effects or animatronics work.

Basically showing how imagination has been harnessed to create the Disney parks.

It doesn’t necessarily fit into the story of Figment, but I don’t think it’s a bad thing for the pavilion to have multiple different experiences each relating to imagination from a different angle.

V_L_Raptor

I had an idea for a sort of Imagineering pavilion/exhibit in that space. Like a permanent version of the parks exhibit at D23. Could be continuously updated with new projects and models of things coming to all the resorts around the world. But could also show things from Imagineering’s history. And of course it would focus on the creative process behind how they come up with all of it, and could show some behind the scenes of how effects or animatronics work.

Basically showing how imagination has been harnessed to create the Disney parks.

It doesn’t necessarily fit into the story of Figment, but I don’t think it’s a bad thing for the pavilion to have multiple different experiences each relating to imagination from a different angle.

I’m pretty sure this is already a walkthrough attraction at DHS.

Bocabear

An Imagineering Pavilion could be pretty amazing...I had been thinking the same thing... The Imagination Pavilion and Imagineeering Labs as a separate attached attraction in the theater location.... An experimental black box ride as an attraction?

Moth

There's a reason it's called the "Imagination Pavilion" and not "Figment Pavilion"....

I've always been opposed to Figment in any shape going into Magic Eye for this reason. You didn't see Cranium Command in Body Wars, or Kitchen Kabaret in Listen to the Land, it's nice to a variation of approaches in pavilions, especially one as broad as Imagination, which can, quite literally, mean anything.

V_L_Raptor

There’s Walt Disney Presents if that’s what you’re talking about, but iirc that’s focused more on Walt Disney specifically than Imagineering in general, although obviously there is some overlap

It's been expanded to incorporate the whole company. There's a classic animatronics panel, and at one point, they featured the Horizons butler. They had an extensive display on Galaxy's Edge at one point, IIRC. They also did a whole display case on the Wish.

Point is, they've found ways to incorporate this material here and there (like, say, in the front of the theater area for China in WS) for a while now. The displays already exist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom