Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

Even so I’m not sure Figment alone is enough to anchor an entire E Ticket. You’d at least need one other character(s) in the mix. After all, he is quite literally the figment of someone’s imagination, whether that’s Dreamfinder or Eric Idle
Technically there is 3 Figments...Dreamfinder's naturally, Nigel Channing does create one within the queue of 2.0 which is rare footage now...Luckily @marni1971 has blessed us with footage of it..It's timestamped to said part of the queue line..

And in the 3.0 version he was just a "Latest Discovery" so we don't know who's Figment he is?

FigmentJedi

Technically there is 3 Figments...Dreamfinder's naturally, Nigel Channing does create one within the queue of 2.0 which is rare footage now...Luckily @marni1971 has blessed us with footage of it..It's timestamped to said part of the queue line..

And in the 3.0 version he was just a "Latest Discovery" so we don't know who's Figment he is?

Given the Throne of Lies poster of Figment and Nigel alongside Szalinski and Brainard and their inventions, 3.0 is still Nigel's.

rle4lunch

Right!? Disney's most lucrative character in EPCOT. If there's one thing Disney understands it's milking nostalgia for all it's worth. Plus he's replacing Mickey as the official mascot. (OK that one was just for lulz) But I mean, Come on! He's not going anywhere...
Maybe they should've used the popcorn bucket profits to refurbish the ride? Because it's been crystal clear that they don't give a hoot about the ride, at all.

They also know the first time visitor people will waste an LL on it, even though the standby line is usually shorter...

They need to to it justice with a full on redo, or just tear it down and plop figment as an Easter egg on IASW

Bocabear

Maybe they should've used the popcorn bucket profits to refurbish the ride? Because it's been crystal clear that they don't give a hoot about the ride, at all.

They also know the first time visitor people will waste an LL on it, even though the standby line is usually shorter...

They need to to it justice with a full on redo, or just tear it down and plop figment as an Easter egg on IASW
Don't give them any ideas.... Imagination could and should be the most amazing attraction and pavilion in any theme park anywhere on the planet... Seriously....and they are already starting with a beloved character and existing IP... This should be a "knock it out of the park" moment for Disney....

bwr827

....and they are already starting with a beloved character and existing IP... This should be a "knock it out of the park" moment for Disney....
Beloved mostly to Florida locals and older Epcot fans?

I would name 100+ Disney characters before remembering “the purple dinosaur/dragon” thing as I’ve heard him described.

That said - I’m very interested in the possibility of an awesome new attraction. I just think Figment is at best a neutral aspect of the possibility, vs an established strength.

DreamfinderGuy

Do you think expectations are impossible to achieve for this project?
If the expectation is "meet or surpass the original attraction", then yeah that's an almost certain impossibility (prove me wrong Disney! haha, prove me wrong...). If the expectation is "better than what's there currently" I think it would take genuine talent to not meet that. The bar isn't even on the floor anymore, it's underground with the old Imagination track pits.

Sneaky

If the expectation is "meet or surpass the original attraction", then yeah that's an almost certain impossibility (prove me wrong Disney! haha, prove me wrong...). If the expectation is "better than what's there currently" I think it would take genuine talent to not meet that. The bar isn't even on the floor anymore, it's underground with the old Imagination track pits.
The bar is currently in hell with Mr toad.
(Bring it back. I don’t care, stick it in the old Snow White layout and remove PFT or something. Do it for wdw’s 60th. I am not a crackpot.)

Sneaky

The bar is currently in hell with Mr toad.
(Bring it back. I don’t care, stick it in the old Snow White layout and remove PFT or something. Do it for wdw’s 60th. I am not a crackpot.)
Genuinely, if it isn’t for a while, wai to redo figment for epcots 50th. Ik that’s a rumor rn, but make it a part of a larger wdw 60th. Bring back something from the past at MK Too. TDS 20k leauges?

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I had an idea for a sort of Imagineering pavilion/exhibit in that space. Like a permanent version of the parks exhibit at D23. Could be continuously updated with new projects and models of things coming to all the resorts around the world. But could also show things from Imagineering’s history. And of course it would focus on the creative process behind how they come up with all of it, and could show some behind the scenes of how effects or animatronics work.

Basically showing how imagination has been harnessed to create the Disney parks.
Yes. Dreamfinder shows Figment how all of the wondrous marvels around us have been created by Imagineers, using limitless amounts of imagination to redefine what is possible. At the end, he reveals that both of them only exist in the realm of imagination. Figment... doesn't take it well.

BOOM! Figment Minus One

Epcot82Guy

The thing about IMAG (the original) is that it actually should be the easiest attraction to update over time. I realize they want their headliner "new" thing and IP tie ins generally. But, for something more long-based (like Mansion, Pirates, etc.), the original attraction's story lends itself to updates in individual areas easily. Much like Mansion, it was a series of individual rooms with gags and effects. Plus, it was literally about creativity and inspiration vs. a set time period. So, it could be kept fresh without having to redo the whole thing (again, much like Mansion). Beloved characters for merch. Check. Great ear worm song. Check. Theater next door where you can (we have) put IP du jour. Check. Heck, they could enclose the terrace and make a creative food spot, even, satisfying the Epcot food and booze need! It also could be a massive bone thrown to the "old school" fans.

It's just disappointing to see the potential being wasted.

Inspired Figment

The thing about IMAG (the original) is that it actually should be the easiest attraction to update over time. I realize they want their headliner "new" thing and IP tie ins generally. But, for something more long-based (like Mansion, Pirates, etc.), the original attraction's story lends itself to updates in individual areas easily. Much like Mansion, it was a series of individual rooms with gags and effects. Plus, it was literally about creativity and inspiration vs. a set time period. So, it could be kept fresh without having to redo the whole thing (again, much like Mansion). Beloved characters for merch. Check. Great ear worm song. Check. Theater next door where you can (we have) put IP du jour. Check. Heck, they could enclose the terrace and make a creative food spot, even, satisfying the Epcot food and booze need! It also could be a massive bone thrown to the "old school" fans.

It's just disappointing to see the potential being wasted.
Agreed 100%. My only concern though about IP being placed in Magic Eye is the fact they were able to basically skew that when Honey I Shrunk the Audience came around, with the way they changed the guest flow in order to manipulate attendance to get the higher ups to retheme the OG Journey Into Imagination to the Honey, I Shrunk-based Imagination Institute themed mess we’s had since ‘99. (Just with a Figment band-aid placed on it in ‘02) I’d just ‘really’, ‘really’ hope they never try to pull that sort of thing again if another IP based offering were to go into Magic Eye. Granted, things were seemingly fine with Captain EO w MJ being the headliner, with the guest flow to both attractions being unchanged.. but yeah, I suppose we’ll see what happens.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Even so I’m not sure Figment alone is enough to anchor an entire E Ticket. You’d at least need one other character(s) in the mix. After all, he is quite literally the figment of someone’s imagination, whether that’s Dreamfinder or Eric Idle
I'd have to disagree. I was there on the first day of the Art Festival in 2023 & it was a see of purple. You'd almost think he was Disney's mascot if you were there that day & didn't know any better.

If they build a banger E-ticket that gets hardcore park fans excited, they'll love it, hype it up & then your average park goer will line up too.

Homemade Imagineering

I'd have to disagree. I was there on the first day of the Art Festival in 2023 & it was a see of purple. You'd almost think he was Disney's mascot if you were there that day & didn't know any better.

If they build a banger E-ticket that gets hardcore park fans excited, they'll love it, hype it up & then your average park goer will line up too.
I was more alluding to the fact an entire darkride featuring a singular character like Figment wouldn’t translate as well into a plot. I don’t see Figment working too well completely by himself throughout an actual attraction, when he was designed to always be somewhat of a complimentary character.

His purpose in merch, meet n greets, & everything else is very different to that of an attraction where he will be required to help drive home some sort of narrative, big or small. There’s almost zero reason not to include a character like Dreamfinder in a new version, when said inclusion makes it easier to write a story. It’s already been done once and proved very successful. The substance & potential is all there, they’d be silly to isolate Figment in an attraction focused entirely around him, sans any external characters. He’ll still be the star of the show, but it needs to be more than Figment gesturing us towards different things for 6 minutes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom