Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Sneakman

Oh, I'm VERY excited with his future. The main thing is just timeline stuff haha.

But when it happens, it's gonna be a BLAST!
The one I’m im wary about is dates. If it’s super far away, like six years or so, there’s a chance it could be reshuffled, or los wits budget, or corpo meddling. Yknow, that’s the thing. I’m just wary Yknow. I’m not in the know like yall so yeah

Sneakman

I mean inside out goes in imagination somewhere, but figment and dreamfinder come back, in fashion apparently exciting and “a blast?”

Attachments

• IMG_2448.gif
    IMG_2448.gif
    311.5 KB · Views: 10

zipadee999

Oh ok, well, if the dreamfinder thing is true the tbh, I can live with that. I’ll wait and see, I mean I’m used to that.
Best case-scenario for me would be an upscaled cranium command starring the inside out cast taking place in magic eye paired with a mystic manor-style Imagination overhaul starring Dreamfinder and Figment. It would be even better if Dreamfinder and Figment cameo’d in the theater show for some synergy, maybe even appearing with Bing Bong. I could even live if the inside out cast had a brief cameo in the imagination attraction, but I still think a true crossover would detract from both properties.

If something indeed is happening, what are the chances we learn about it say, I don’t know, right around the very random date of August 10th?

Sneakman

Best case-scenario for me would be an upscaled cranium command starring the inside out cast taking place in magic eye paired with a mystic manor-style Imagination overhaul starring Dreamfinder and Figment. It would be even better if Dreamfinder and Figment cameo’d in the theater show for some synergy, maybe even appearing with Bing Bong. I could even live if the inside out cast had a brief cameo in the imagination attraction, but I still think a true crossover would detract from both properties.

If something indeed is happening, what are the chances we learn about it say, I don’t know, right around the very random date of August 10th?
not a person with any sources, but honestly I don’t think so. I could see them trying to focus on beyond big Thunder and The Magic Kingdom Expansion, and announcing full figment later. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility they do a tease, but I don’t think we get a full announcement. Then again, we could get one in August, and I could eat crow, so who really knows. I do think they do have plans in mind for our favorite purple merchandise machine, just not yet.

bwr827

Best case-scenario for me would be an upscaled cranium command starring the inside out cast taking place in magic eye paired with a mystic manor-style Imagination overhaul starring Dreamfinder and Figment.
I sure hope whatever they do with Figment is on the level of Mystic Manor.

To many folks, Figment is an irrelevant character represented by a poor attraction.

I know he’s beloved by many as well — all the more reason to see a top tier WDI effort.

zipadee999

I sure hope whatever they do with Figment is on the level of Mystic Manor.

To many folks, Figment is an irrelevant character represented by a poor attraction.

I know he’s beloved by many as well — all the more reason to see a top tier WDI effort.
Unfortunately I think he’s irrelevant to everyone who either never rode the original or never learned about the original. To your average Epcot guest from Iowa, he’s the weird purple dragon with the crappy ride.

I feel like that’s all the more reason they need to approve an overhaul fast, because I feel like as time goes on, fewer and fewer people will know and have an appreciation for the original attraction like we do!

Don’t get me wrong, I think the GP at least likes Figment at face value as was evident by the popcorn fiasco, but there comes a point where he can only be so popular for so long without a legitimate, quality attraction tied to his name. At that point he just turns into the Orange Bird. Popular with APs and those in the know, but relatively obscure with the masses

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Also quick question, is all the old Body Wars infrastructure still in there, if it is they could have simulator but I bet it's probably too old to do anything with at this point.

Bocabear

EXACTLY! There is an empty pavilion waiting for an attraction.... Meanwhile the Imagination Pavilion just needs a complete overhaul... Why move a new IP into a space designed for something else? Have the Inside Out characters as the hosts for the supercharged Wonders Of Life pavilion... New rides, new shows, new food. If we have to have IP let it be relevant to their own pavilion...Could Insode out and Baymax team up? That would be great too. A Baymax Dark ride, an Inside Out Ride and show, a couple smaller spinner attractions....

DreamfinderGuy

Also quick question, is all the old Body Wars infrastructure still in there, if it is they could have simulator but I bet it's probably too old to do anything with at this point.
Simulators are all gone and most of the control equipment has been gutted, but the rest is intact. It would be easier to reinstall a simulator attraction than do anything else with that building at the moment (not that they will).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom