Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Haymarket2008

I really don't think Magic Eye is a bad fit. We survived and have nostalgia for a crotch thrusting pop music space boy in Magic Eye, shrunken audiences and now we have a glorified YouTube video in there.

Magic Eye is a fine fit.

And we have another ragtag band of intergalactic heroes who love pop music on the other side of Future World to fill the void ;)

But really, fast tracking something for the Magic Eye to keep capacity afloat while a major Figment overhaul gets underway would be great planning.

Brer Oswald

Inside Out can't work as a 'ride', especially with the layout of JIIWF, a theater show is the best way to do it, and God knows we need more of those.
I can’t imagine the film festival is filling up more than 20% of the theatre’s capacity. Inside Out will attract a much larger audience. It will also satisfy the audience’s expectations of an Inside Out attraction. It’s a win win.

James Alucobond

I can’t imagine the film festival is filling up more than 20% of the theatre’s capacity. Inside Out will attract a much larger audience. It will also satisfy the audience’s expectations of an Inside Out attraction. It’s a win win.
Might also encourage an update of the Imagination courtyard, signage, meet-and-greet space, and theater vestibule even in the absence of an immediate Figment redo, which would be a win.

Epcot82Guy

Might also encourage an update of the Imagination courtyard, signage, meet-and-greet space, and theater vestibule even in the absence of an immediate Figment redo, which would be a win.

I 100% agree with that. I do hope it would keep an Epcot-type theme. (Like the Imagination Pavilion or Creativity Pavilion or something like that vs. an Inside Out Pavilion that features Figment.) But, having the pavilion start to expand, be updated, connect better to World Celebration (and ideally more visually separate from World Nature) could all be great wins here. The courtyard itself could be much better used - especially if it is right outside a popular IP's film.

If they did this - and then a proper redo (restoration) of JII, I actually think it would be an example of how you can properly update EPCOT with IP and still hold very true to the park and its ideas.

Sneakman

Lets hope not. Keep Figment in his home and use the Play (aka Wonders of Life) pavilion for Inside Out.

ADD, DO NOT REPLACE!

Having said that, ANYTHING they put in the Play (aka Wonders of Life) pavilion is a REPLACMENT and not really a ADD since the WOL pavilion initially existed and had multiple attractions in it, but beggars cant be choosers.
I think WOL is just done atp man.

Bocabear

Either that, or allow that building to become an entire pavilion built around The Cosmos and intergalactic travel...tie Mission Space and Guardians together...An intergalactic Space port...multiple attractions within the dome, a restaurant, a theater show.... at least it would make that part of EPCOT feel like it works together thematically....

Tha Realest

Either that, or allow that building to become an entire pavilion built around The Cosmos and intergalactic travel...tie Mission Space and Guardians together...An intergalactic Space port...multiple attractions within the dome, a restaurant, a theater show.... at least it would make that part of EPCOT feel like it works together thematically....
TWDC can hurry up and acquire DC Comics, and make the WOL pavilion the headquarters for the Legion of Doom

1720565245552.jpeg

KDM31091

Inside Out is basically Cranium Command. They just need to recreate that attraction in WOL.
Exactly. Inside Out lends itself perfectly to a Cranium Command style attraction. Even though I often complain about IP in the parks, it would make plenty of sense for that.

But not as a Figment replacement.

Moth

Inside Out is basically Cranium Command. They just need to recreate that attraction in WOL.
There's nothing  left in WOL to recreate. I've seen the photos of the inside of the building that have been floating around and there's nothing really left.

Magic Eye has an existing structure and is more cost-effecient to build in, along with ease of access.

Like, I get it, we're worried Figment is gonna be outed by the Magic Eye film again, but they're not going to do that.

The worst that'll happen is that he'll sing You've Got a Friend in Me with Dreamfinder. Duh.

Homemade Imagineering

Like, I get it, we're worried Figment is gonna be outed by the Magic Eye film again, but they're not going to do that.
Yup, worst scenario is Magic Eye film IP neighboring darkride with Figment cameos… which if they’re really out of touch could happen & would be the most ironic thing this company has done, but they’ve gotta see even a crossover attraction would need Figment front & center with IO characters taking the backseat. I can’t see how that even leads to a cohesive darkride. Maybe a show, but not a ride. Now they could set the entire pavilion within Imaginationland, JII is a storybook within the IO universe, & the attraction is presented in similar vein to Pooh where you travel thru something like a Little Golden Book

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
Giving IO ME would be great. My fear has been they are going to see ME as too small a representation when IO2 is going to become the top grossing Pixar film in a few days, very likely overtaking Frozens and Mario for the top animated overall, and it's not even a month in. The way this leadership has ran, even with Figment such a popular character and seller, have a hard time seeing them give IO the side theater while the main ride is reserved for a (for now) non-film IP that is almost entirely known by park fanatics and has many other options for him to stay, even if they co-share the ride.

If Journey Inside Out Imagination with Figment happens? Now I can't say I'd be surprised, or not forewarned.

View attachment 797847
An observation I’ve seen is that Inside Out doesn’t push merch as hard as Figment does. Not to say that it doesn’t push merch, because it does. But Figment merch ends up as entire spectacles for park fans. Inside Out 2 merch, even with the movie’s success both financially and quality, isn’t doing crazy numbers in merch. Unlike other recent successes like Mario, Mandalorian, Frozen 2, it is very easy to get your hands on an Anxiety or Joy doll. So merch wise, it’s not pushing like some other similar successes. Disney will take notice of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom