Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
i do wish we weren’t in an endless loop of “it’s coming in a few years” for figment. I feel as if we’ve made no progress.
As was said earlier in the thread, a great way to tell how long someone has been in the fandom is how many “Dreamfinder is coming back!” Rumors they’ve lived through, bonus points for the initial Inside Out rumors.

Sneakman

As was said earlier in the thread, a great way to tell how long someone has been in the fandom is how many “Dreamfinder is coming back!” Rumors they’ve lived through, bonus points for the initial Inside Out rumors.
Lived though the 2018 inside out rumors and such. Started following in 2015-16

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
If the Canada developments end up as a DVC lounge, things might be interesting.
Dear Robert Middle Name Iger

If you announce a new Figment ride at D23, I will give you all the money in my wallet (I do not carry cash on me) and all the cards in my wallet (expired LEGO VIP card)

Please consider this offer

Optimus Prime (the guy from Transformers)

Bocabear

What is actually holding them back from just getting the best of the best Imagineers back together and reimagining an Imagination2.0 with the original characters... Yeah yeah, I know money, but for less than the cost of Chapek's golden parachute and Bob's 2023 Executive Bonus, they could have probably done a whole lot to make Imagination start to resemble the bright and vibrant pavilion it once was...

Bocabear

A 4-D film based on Dreamfinder and Figment? It is already a Disney owned IP...
It would sell merch for sure...and could be the jumping off place for a Disney series or feature film...

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
A 4-D film based on Dreamfinder and Figment? It is already a Disney owned IP...
It would sell merch for sure...and could be the jumping off place for a Disney series or feature film...
The Figment comics sold well, the golden book sold out (iirc), the bags sell well, the popcorn bucket obviously. This is not a case of merchandise for figment. He would’ve gotten the love he needed if that were the case long ago.

Gusey

What is actually holding them back from just getting the best of the best Imagineers back together and reimagining an Imagination2.0 with the original characters... Yeah yeah, I know money, but for less than the cost of Chapek's golden parachute and Bob's 2023 Executive Bonus, they could have probably done a whole lot to make Imagination start to resemble the bright and vibrant pavilion it once was...
Depends on who you think the best of the best are. A lot of imagineers from the 90s are retired and Some left Imagineering to work elsewhere, especially after the potential Florida move. We're now seeing a new generation of imagineers rising whilst some of the old are still around to advise

Bocabear

seems like (based on the newer projects) the Imagineers are corporate hotel architects that don't quite know how to stage an attraction other than adding a screen. Maybe Tony Baxter could come back for this project and inject some whimsy and beauty back into the pavilion... and hand pick a team that would understand the characters and the space....

DCLcruiser

There's nothing  left in WOL to recreate. I've seen the photos of the inside of the building that have been floating around and there's nothing really left.

Magic Eye has an existing structure and is more cost-effecient to build in, along with ease of access.

Like, I get it, we're worried Figment is gonna be outed by the Magic Eye film again, but they're not going to do that.

The worst that'll happen is that he'll sing You've Got a Friend in Me with Dreamfinder. Duh.
Recreate doesn't mean they have to use the old set. They can recreate it. WoL should return, renewed. I understand that imagination is a brain activity and thus associated with Inside Out, but they are both good enough for two rides, at two pavilions.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
My first exposure to Inside Out back in 2015 was a preview in the Magic Eye theater. It seems appropriate (for me, given my personal experience) that an Inside Out show wind up in there.

FigmentFan82

To me Inside Out feels like a better fit for WOL, especially since it’s wasted space anyway. Why should we sacrifice Figment for it?
from earlier in this thread and from what appears to be a fairly credible source, claims that IF Inside Out come to Imagination that it would ONLY be for the Magic Eye theater, not the main pavilion proper. And that WoL is a gutted building that would require way more money an effort to use than they are willing.

So, the going assumption (just rumors, nothing confirmed) is that something Inside Out could come to the Magic Eye theater, and that Figment is safe in his side of the building.

Homemade Imagineering

Totally unrelated, but YouTube just recommended this edit to me, and to my surprise, in the background, there’s an inflatable Figment clapping. It’s so random that I wanted to share it.

Very interesting!! I remember reading about the inflatable Figment somewhere but this is very bizarre seeing it ended up here. Can’t remember the full story behind its origins. Also love hearing Freedom at Midnight in the 2nd clip, one of my fav songs from my easy listening playlist. I’m glad the WoL loop exposed me to artists like David Benoit

Homemade Imagineering

Okay yeah this is what I remember!! & I have never seen those videos you posted before! I have no clue how many ppl out there are aware of this footage existing, this feels like lost media being recovered, at least for me. A little mindblown it’s been hiding in plain sight on youtube, unless this has been seen by others long ago

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom