Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Bocabear

Why shoehorn Inside Out into the Imagination building at all with that huge WOL pavilion sitting there empty. Bring Imagination back in a meaningful way with Dreamfinder and a completely new attraction. Those character are EPCOT specific IP that are beloved. They don't need another IP to make it relevant...just a better attraction.

Sneakman

Why shoehorn Inside Out into the Imagination building at all with that huge WOL pavilion sitting there empty. Bring Imagination back in a meaningful way with Dreamfinder and a completely new attraction. Those character are EPCOT specific IP that are beloved. They don't need another IP to make it relevant...just a better attraction.
I don’t think WOL is getting filled anytime soon with the rumored state it is in. And like it or not, I feel like inside out going in imagination in some way is the only way we get dreamfinder and figment at all.

Sneakman

I am very weary of getting excited for anything figment, or expecting anything at all. I know inside out made a bunch of money, but idk why or how it would be announced this year. I’m tired.

Bocabear

if they came up with a new attraction for Inside out and put it into the WOL building, they could also add the Emotional Whirlwind Spinner indoors in the space, and probably something else as well as a quick serve, a stage show, and some exhibits....there is enough space to do all of that indoors.... which would be a wonderful thing especially in these summer months and during our frequent storms year round.... Imagination has an IP that needs to be rebooted and refreshed.... it does not need any other IP intrusion....

Gusey

I feel like staffing is a potential reason/excuse. Why (re)open another pavilion and increase your staff when you can fit everything into one pavilion?

Bocabear

I feel like staffing is a potential reason/excuse. Why (re)open another pavilion and increase your staff when you can fit everything into one pavilion?
Why not shutter a few more pavilions in EPCOT then and just add some meet and greets... that would reduce staffing... or better yet just shut down World Showcase entirely but still charge the same price for admission...heck, raise it another $20. They could represent all of the countries in the Odyssey building saving tons on staffing! with reduced staffing and more income they will be doing great!!

Gusey

Why not shutter a few more pavilions in EPCOT then and just add some meet and greets... that would reduce staffing... or better yet just shut down World Showcase entirely but still charge the same price for admission...heck, raise it another $20. They could represent all of the countries in the Odyssey building saving tons on staffing! with reduced staffing and more income they will be doing great!!
Like I said, "excuse". WoL would add capacity to the park, it's just if Disney wants to commit to adding that capacity there

Phicinfan

Like I said, "excuse". WoL would add capacity to the park, it's just if Disney wants to commit to adding that capacity there
If Disney is going to spend the $$$ on WoL, then it should be for a huge IP and or ride. If they can do a real solid dark ride for Inside out fine. I don't want a reprise of cranium command that is inside outed. I want real add.

That being said, a show in the theater in Imagination could be a great fill for lower $$$

James Alucobond

Imagination has an IP that needs to be rebooted and refreshed.... it does not need any other IP intrusion....
I'm not really sure it qualifies as additional intrusion when the content of Magic Eye has always been pretty separate from Figment and has furthermore had pretty much zero to do with him at all since, like, 1986.

Homemade Imagineering

Inside Out can't work as a 'ride', especially with the layout of JIIWF, a theater show is the best way to do it, and God knows we need more of those.
Yup, & it seems like people are interpreting Inside Out as consuming the entire pavilion. Almost every theater show in Magic Eye was completely unrelated to JII (until of course the HISTA crap took over the whole thing) but I digress. EO was probably the most disconnected out of all of em, & so an Inside Out show with themes of Imagination could give the pavilion some nice variety once again. My only concern is whether they’ll see the potential of a theater show & decide to repeat their mistakes from 99’, making the entire pavilion Inside Out with an attraction touring the different Islands from Riley’s consciousness or something of that nature. I don’t think Figment will leave, but relegating him to another cameo role would be quite ironic & incredibly telling of their cluelessness on what makes these parks succeed.

aladdin2007

That and lack of creative drive anymore, its not there. looking at you empty stitch in tomorrowland. They dont know what to do which is the problem when you have no one with a creative vision leading and too many cooks trying to learn how to boil water.

Disstevefan1

If anything new for Epcot is announced this year, it's Inside Out finding a home in it.
Lets hope not. Keep Figment in his home and use the Play (aka Wonders of Life) pavilion for Inside Out.

ADD, DO NOT REPLACE!

Having said that, ANYTHING they put in the Play (aka Wonders of Life) pavilion is a REPLACMENT and not really a ADD since the WOL pavilion initially existed and had multiple attractions in it, but beggars cant be choosers.

Sneakman

If anything new for Epcot is announced this year, it's Inside Out finding a home in it.
In the magic eye right? I hope not the ride, but if it’s a good team and budget, I’m willing to begrudgingly let them cook. I just want this ride to be good again.

Moth

Lets hope not. Keep Figment in his home and use the Play (aka Wonders of Life) pavilion for Inside Out.

ADD, DO NOT REPLACE!

Having said that, ANYTHING they put in the Play (aka Wonders of Life) pavilion is a REPLACMENT and not really a ADD since the WOL pavilion initially existed and had multiple attractions in it, but beggars cant be choosers.
I really don't think Magic Eye is a bad fit. We survived and have nostalgia for a crotch thrusting pop music space boy in Magic Eye, shrunken audiences and now we have a glorified YouTube video in there.

Magic Eye is a fine fit.

Sneakman

I really don't think Magic Eye is a bad fit. We survived and have nostalgia for a crotch thrusting pop music space boy in Magic Eye, shrunken audiences and now we have a glorified YouTube video in there.

Magic Eye is a fine fit.
Yeah it’s funny that Miachel Jackson in space is fine, but inside out is where we draw the line. I can’t wait for everyone to overreact if it’s announced. Will be fun to watch.

Disstevefan1

Magic Eye is a fine fit.
Oh for the Magic Eye theater, Inside Out would be great as long as they create something NEW.

Yes, what we have now is glorified YouTube and/or D+

Please don't disparage the King of Pop. RIP MJ

Moth

Oh for the Magic Eye theater, Inside Out would be great as long as they create something NEW.

Yes, what we have now is glorified YouTube and/or D+

Please don't disparage the King of Pop. RIP MJ
I love MJ, I jab at EO in good faith. I hope it comes back one last time :')

Inside Out would be a completely new film.

But I get the concerns Inside Out in Magic Eye could lead to the complete annihilation of Figment, those are valid and after the last 20+ years I get why people are worried anything is being touched.

Sneakman

I love MJ, I jab at EO in good faith. I hope it comes back one last time :')
I’d be down at least somewhere. I still think during the 50th Captian EO and Country Bear Vacation Hoedown should’ve gotten farewell runs. Heck, I still think it should happen at one point! Retro night at Epcot with captain eo, over California, Mayybee original mission space but that’s a stretch,Epcot forever and meet dreamfinder and figment?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom